13 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

And it was uploaded by a fellow countrymen (another brazilian)...ohhh the infamous "huehuehuebr" spirit

Normally I take the time to write to them and point out the reasons why Ravage isn't on the Steam workshop. Often they're placing it there for the convenience of friends without realising why it's a problem and quickly take it down themselves without need for further action. Sadly, I'm a bit too busy at the moment to so do.

May I suggest that anyone else encountering a Ravage upload does the same? I'm sure Haleks has better things to be doing with his time than chasing errant copies.

• Like 3

Is it possible to make a static trader?

I checked the pages here and found some code to add to a units init to make them a shop but it didn't work.

Was wondering if anyone knew how

Well, I have as always the stone age solution.  I can't code and therefor use 3DEN a lot. So I place a unit, make it a trader with the code cpopied here from the thread and then in 3DEN attributes, set him so movement is disabled.  I do that while the 3DEN Enhanced addon is active.  It gives extra options to click in 3DEN attributes, amongs other cool features.  Simple as that. 

• Like 2

Can you post the code to turn them into a trader

I copied the instructions from somewhere here on the thread a long time ago and added the third trader type info in; here you go:

It's already possible to transform any NPC into a trader

Just type "this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]" in the init of any unit (an Ambiant AI module must be present, even if it doesn't spawn anything).

At the moment there is only 3 "shops" : rvg_supplies_s,rvg_gear_s and rvg_arms_s.

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]; // general supplies like food & water, medicine, chems, tents

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true]; // vests, binocs, uniforms

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]; // weapons & ammo

You know how to stop AI from leaving their "shop" or "marketstand" position? If not, just say so and if you don't like or don't have 3DEN Enhanced, you can put some code for that in the init field as well;

I'll collect it from the BIS WIKI for you and then you also have a first stop to look at in the future if you want simple code commands like that which require only copy-paste: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page 

Below is the code for making them stay put in one place.  It's still allwowing them to fire back if someone (including you as player of the same side!) attacks them or takes stuff from their backpacks - cool thing is they do that automatically, no additional code needed!  

1) General list of AI behaviour disabling

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI  

2) What you could use at the minimum: 

_soldier1 disableAI "MOVE"; or instead  _soldier1 disableAI "PATH";

_soldier1 would be the name of your trader unit; you can change that ofc to something else.  Or use it like above trader code:  this disableAI "PATH"; depends on the mission locality; for SP "this" will be sufficient and I also use it in MP, but maybe it's better to take the _soldier1 style code for MP; dunno exactly... 

• Like 6

@tourist

Okay sweet I'll give it a go thank you. 

I use 3den enhanced, can't make missions without it I don't think 

Can't get enough of this mod but want to change things up a bit if at all possible.Is there a way you can spawn just  roaming renegades or lone bandits instead of  bandit groups(2 or more on a team)?I've tried  using AI spawn scripts but with little success(WP's mostly what gave me probs along with spawns with no weapon/gear).

I'm assuming this is related to the Ravage mod, if so then yes it's possible to configure the AI module to spawn only Renegades..........

HwOaOPA.jpg?1

Thanx EO.I tried that & none spawned.Either I missed something or it was just the map itself (Bystrica) b/c I got an error "Ravage mission No locations found".Zeds spawned although .In addition the loot module I placed had just static spawns but again no loot either.I'll try it again.Also the population factor..if I raise the bar does it affect number of renegades also?On a side note..these new animations for zeds are kinda funny<not a critique,just  an observation :)>walking like they just  finished a day of horseback riding.

Raising the population factor does work with lone Renegades, I've tried it at 4 and it spawned A LOT of Rengeades!.....a crazy free for all!!

It also could be the Bystrica map that's the problem too, i tried that map a while back without any AI spawning IIRC.

Oh......get back on the Ravage thread!:z: 

• Like 1

Heh,heh..my bad.Was in such a hurry for a solution post went to wrong forum(thought this was the Ravage forum)It's hell growing old

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miasdad said:

Heh,heh..my bad.Was in such a hurry for a solution post went to wrong forum(thought this was the Ravage forum)It's hell growing old

Your incorrectly placed thread/posts have been merged to the correct thread.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Haleks added chance that AI can spawn with RPG. I actually see some in game, but they don't have any ammo for it.

I play with RHS.

Is this mod still able to have Massi's weapons on it I don't see the settings in the modules? I and my friends wanted to use them but I can't figure out how to have them spawn.

17 minutes ago, jason53333 said:

Is this mod still able to have Massi's weapons on it I don't see the settings in the modules? I and my friends wanted to use them but I can't figure out how to have them spawn.

Massi's weapons no longer show up in the game arsenal due to not being updated for some time. Dont know if this will affect you here though.

well, im just trying to add it into my ravage mission for my server and I can't find it anywhere to add into spawn in the equipment pool or loot system so I'm going to guess that it no longer is included in it if you don't know.

Is it possible to have certain zombies spawn in certain zones, it wouldn't make sense to find a zombie soldier in the middle of the rural areas

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Mason said:

Is it possible to have certain zombies spawn in certain zones, it wouldn't make sense to find a zombie soldier in the middle of the rural areas

Why not? If you were a zombie and wanted to eat flesh, wouldn't you walk from the military base you got infected in to the woods if people to chomp on might be there? :)

• Like 1

@Sgt. Mason: if you absolutely have to have location-specific zombies, you could use a horde module for that.  Each horde can receive a custom array of uniforms (and then won't wear anything else) that you can specify.  So e.g. if you don't want U.S. uniforms on zombies roaming Esseker Military sites, you could define Russian uniforms only for those hordes that you place with modules to populate the military locations on the map. I guess it's worth a try; at the very least you'll get a majority of the "desired" style of webbing for those locations even if normal ambient zombie spawns in the immediate vicinity and/or further beyond of the horde module could still wear other clothing.

Just my 2ct.  Hope it hels!  

• Like 1

On 2017. augusztus 7. at 7:07 PM, miasdad said:

Either I missed something or it was just the map itself (Bystrica) b/c I got an error "Ravage mission No locations found".

Bystrica doesn't have locations on it (maybe the author thought that it was not necessary or just was too lazy to do it :tounge_o:) You can also place locations in the editor manually, so the error will disappear, and you help the mod decide where to spawn AI and zeds.

Zombies seem to wallhack sometimes on Chernarus (probably map issue). They also spot me from ridiculous distances when they are facing me despite the stance of my character.

IMO bugs should be fixed first and only after that new things should be implemented.

Edit: measured: a zombie spotted me from 70meters while crouching in the grass and not moving.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

They also spot me from ridiculous distances when they are facing me despite the stance of my character.

Pretty random statement man, what kind of distance do you regard as "ridiculous".....

I'm certain there are a few factors taken into account before your spotted, I believe it's around 30metres plus a few variables...stance, sunangle and player speed.

Personally, i've never found zed LOS to be unfair, even going back to version 010.

50 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

IMO bugs should be fixed first and only after that new things should be implemented.

If you feel there are major/minor bugs, details help.  (Just read your edited post)

:rthumb: 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Zombies seem to wallhack sometimes on Chernarus (probably map issue). They also spot me from ridiculous distances when they are facing me despite the stance of my character.

Edit: measured: a zombie spotted me from 70meters while crouching in the grass and not moving.

How easily zombies can detect targets is dynamic and depends on several factors : target speed, stance, and time of day (as well as LoS obstructions of course).

Time of day (sun exposure) probably has too much of an influence right now, in both negative and positive ways : it can be quite easy to avoid zombies in the dark, whereas they might have uber spotting abilities at midday.

I could reduce the sun influence on their spotting abilities, or make it configurable, if it can help mission makers having more control on their scenarios.

• Like 4