1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Hey MisterOth, the color filter via radio in the demo mission and the color filter in the Atmosphere module are working as expected for me,(just tested both methods)

.....are you sure your not running something else that could cause a conflict?  

You are right. I've test it again just with CBA + Ravage and it working great. 

Maybe incompatibility mod, I need to look and find the problem.

Thank you Survivor

• Like 1

Months and months later here I am still chasing zombies around in Ravage... well sometimes they are chasing me =)

Haleks,

I just ran over a zombie then got out of the vehicle to go loot another corpse down the road.  So as I passed the zombie that I thought I had killed ( layed out on the road like the other dead ones) it grabbed me... I freaked, think I screamed in RL and got killed by my survivor AI squad mate haha!

It was awesome then I thought oh man that'd be wicked to stumble onto "sleeper" zombies from time to time.  They could spawn around dead corpses (even zombie corpses) and lay silent until you get real close to them then attack and scare the living shit out of you like what happened to me lol.

Good times with Ravage!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Months and months later here I am still chasing zombies around in Ravage... well sometimes they are chasing me =)

Haleks,

I just ran over a zombie then got out of the vehicle to go loot another corpse down the road.  So as I passed the zombie that I thought I had killed ( layed out on the road like the other dead ones) it grabbed me... I freaked, think I screamed in RL and got killed by my survivor AI squad mate haha!

It was awesome then I thought oh man that'd be wicked to stumble onto "sleeper" zombies from time to time.  They could spawn around dead corpses (even zombie corpses) and lay silent until you get real close to them then attack and scare the living shit out of you like what happened to me lol.

Good times with Ravage!

Cool story man!.....^^

Sleeper zeds or zeds that re-animate would be sweet.....reminds me of an encounter I had with a zombie from the DSS mod a while back.

Yeah, I remember this when playing with ACE Advanced Medical System.  I had exactly the same experience whith zeds tha had been ran over by cars OR shot, but they would stay low until a player came close and then....SNARRRRL!!!

I'm not that much into ACE anymore and therefor happy to share that the upcoming version of my favourite Revive System, A3Wounding or AIS by Psychobastard, will offer loading patients in vehicles and will have the possibility to configure the necessary steps for the revive/heal process in various degrees of difficulty including the option to set a MEDEVAC location as only place where revive is possible.  But I have not yet tested what happens if I set this system to be valid for all units on the map and if the zeds can come back2life with this as well.  The zeds - do they count as CIVS btw?

Another thing while I was testing my missions should be mentioned:  with or without the above mentioned AIS revive, I can play all missions in SP.  But in MP I can't even start them; on Winter Chernarus I get to role selection and crash after clicking "continue".  On Esseker I can't even selecr roles.  Role selection box stays greyed out.  But in general, RAVAGE MP playing and saving works for me with with Cosmic's Escape mission on Altis.

Any idea what those two terrains might do to MP RAVAGE?

Hello @tourist 

I want to ask you if your are going to publish maybe a mission with AIS revive script

I will be glad to play with it. Since I really don't know how to add scripts into my SP Ravage playthrough

(Some of theim yes because, I copy past Jimmakos Ravage esseker mission for myself)

Their is a lot of good scripts, but I just add some mods for easy installation.

Thank you

@MisterOth:

For sure I'm going to publish my missions.  Basically in their current state and naming they are updates to my old projects I started when getting involved into RAVAGE.  The AIS is already implemented as one of the new features & all is  working excellently in SP - but the missions can't be started in MP...:scratchchin: 

So all I want to check now is if the older version for some reason still work in MP. 

If that is the case, I won't "take away" the working MP versions from those SWS users that seem to like playing them in MP by updating the missions.  Ideally I get it sorted out this weekend and ofc I can -if push comes to shove and there is something more to the MP crashs than I can fix- simply  rename the mission folders of my new version to make the pbo's have different names.  Then all the SP and the MP interested guys can already happily game on!:f:

• Like 3

@all:

Sorry to break rather bad news for the MP crew, but I found out that even porting my Chernarus Winter Mission to Altis didn't make it playable in MP.  Also the pre-AIS versions of both my missions don't run in MP as well.

With the mission ported to Altis  I'm receiving the same on-screen error messages in MP lobby like on the original map, related to missing optics: No entry '.modelOptics'  The .rpt shows this as well alongside some other RHS related errors, e.g. this:   soldier[rhs_msv_machinegunner]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?  These also are known to me from the original version on Chernarus Winter - so no improvement at all gained by changing the map. 

And on top of that, some RAVAGE related errors appear in .rpt as well:

Inventory item with given name: [rvg_guttingKnife] not found
Inventory item with given name: [rvg_milk] not found
Inventory item with given name: [rvg_rice] not found

Mind you, all this doesn't impair SP; just MP crashes.  I have zero idea what to do other than building the mission from scratch without RHS content.  Tedious work with no guarantee of even working... 

Not sure if I will pull off that kind of dull work soonish, so if anyone wants to play the improved SP experience, it might be worthwhile at least for the SP gamers to update my missions to the current state since MP doesn't work for the older versions anyway. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tourist said:

And on top of that, some RAVAGE related errors appear in .rpt as well:

Inventory item with given name: [rvg_guttingKnife] not found
Inventory item with given name: [rvg_milk] not found
Inventory item with given name: [rvg_rice] not found

I've had this and similar in my server rpt files for as long as I can remeber. I'm pretty sure it can be ignored. I find all the ravage items regardless.

Fire

Hi,

I find colour filter glitch or bug.... When I aim through any colimator like RCO, ARCO, Holo.... my screen become darker and I'm not able to see anything through it. This problem occurs at late hours(or in bad weather conditions) and WITHOUT NVG. If I turn NVG on, problem is gone, but NVGs are really rare in this mod :down:. I prefer playing withour colour filter but I want you to know this. Here is screenshot http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198305015162/screenshot/830196727536374129

@Hans(z).....I believe this is known and is the nature of the ppeffect beast i'm afraid, it's actually very difficult to create a new ppeffect that works in all weather, plus a full 24 hour cycle without some kind of drawback....I've made a fair few myself, mostly during daytime, only to find I couldn't see a thing when nighttime comes.:scratchchin:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

I find colour filter glitch or bug.... When I aim through any colimator like RCO, ARCO, Holo.... my screen become darker and I'm not able to see anything through it. This problem occurs at late hours(or in bad weather conditions) and WITHOUT NVG. If I turn NVG on, problem is gone, but NVGs are really rare in this mod :down:. I prefer playing withour colour filter but I want you to know this. Here is screenshot http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198305015162/screenshot/830196727536374129

That have been said, setting HDR lighting to LOW in video settings tends to eliminate the effect.

I am using the panda nuke mod and was wondering if I can get the ravage gas mask to work for it. 

What/how do I change to get them to work? 

I have broken both mods down and found both radiation scripts but don't know where to go from there

Well i seem to be getting a weird issue that i can't narrow down. every so often i will see my frames drop (usually while driving) from about 60-90 at res 3840x2160 down to about 20-30 for a split second which is enough to see a very momentary lag spike. not sure what is causing it. iv'e been swaping mods in and out, using different settings but its not stopping it. weird. 

22 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

I am using the panda nuke mod and was wondering if I can get the ravage gas mask to work for it. 

What/how do I change to get them to work? 

I have broken both mods down and found both radiation scripts but don't know where to go from there

thanks for the mod suggestion. im gonna go nuke altis!!!!

• Like 1

Is there a way to exclude/blacklist uniforms, specifically all the civilian uniforms, i did search this thread with no luck.

44 minutes ago, katipo66 said:

Is there a way to exclude/blacklist uniforms, specifically all the civilian uniforms, i did search this thread with no luck.

Do you mean civilian uniforms for zeds or Bandits/Survivors?

There is an option in the "Equipment Pool" module that limits vanilla gear. In the same module you can also increase the chances of Survivors to wear Military grade uniforms.

For zombies, in the "Ambient Zombie" module, there is a zombie override array that will spawn zeds with uniforms of your choice. Check out this post for more info on that....

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3035760

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Do you mean civilian uniforms for zeds or Bandits/Survivors?

There is an option in the "Equipment Pool" module that limits vanilla gear. In the same module you can also increase the chances of Survivors to wear Military grade uniforms.

For zombies, in the "Ambient Zombie" module, there is a zombie override array that will spawn zeds with uniforms of your choice. Check out this post for more info on that....

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3035760

Thanks, i totally missed the Equipment Pool module!?, that looks like what im after :)

delete

Edited by MisterOth
found the solution i was looking for

Update - Ravage Mod Fans Utube Channel

Time for an update!

Added to Mini Episodes

• Arma 3 Ravage Helvantis ep.2 [ 60fps 1440p Eng Hard Sub + cc NoVoice ] The Hunted Ones
  • Arma 3 - Ravage mod - Part 1

• ARMA 3 CUP/Ravage Mod: Creating a Survival Scenario...

• Arma 3 - In My Kingdom Cold (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - The Fields of Ragnarok (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Savannah Walker (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Our Fortresses Are Burning (SP/Ravage Mod)

Added to Gameplay Clips

• Arma 3 Ravage Helvantis ep.2 - Opening Title [ 60fps 1440p ]

• Arma 3 - World Gone Ravage

• Arma 3 - Return to Ravage Altis

================

New videos are added to the channel once every 2-3 weeks.

If there is a video you wish me to add about Ravage, send me a pm and a link and i will add it asap.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Hi there, does exist any possibility of changing the number of spawning attachments?

"CBRN Units from the CTRG, NATO, And AAF remnants search for survivors after outbreak of the White Plague circa 2040" - Ravage mod
.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC78D9brFbxj0q4R7MRNRvLIvC

• Like 6

anyone know a way to make zombies explode when they get close to humans? Trying to make a explosiv zombie so armor have some weak point, and prevents them from recklessly drive into zombies or towns. At the moment i can make them explode on death, but not when they are close to humans.

The script:

_pos = _this select 0;

_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [], 300, "NONE"];
    _zed setDir random 359;
    _zed setpos _pos;

sleep 0.1;
    _dead   = 0;    
    _exlode = 0;
while {true} do
{
    _zedpos    = getpos _zed;
    _getTarget = count (_zed nearTargets 10); 

for "_i" from 0 to (_getTarget -1) do 
    {
        if (_getTarget >= 1) exitWith {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;_dead = 1; sleep 1; deleteVehicle _explode};

};

if (_dead == 1) exitWith {};

if (!alive _zed) exitWith {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1; sleep 1; deleteVehicle _explode};
    sleep 0.01;

};

45 minutes ago, FederalRazer89 said:

anyone know a way to make zombies explode when they get close to humans? Trying to make a explosiv zombie so armor have some weak point, and prevents them from recklessly drive into zombies or towns. At the moment i can make them explode on death, but not when they are close to humans.

The script:

Spoiler

_pos = _this select 0;

_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [], 300, "NONE"];
    _zed setDir random 359;
    _zed setpos _pos;

sleep 0.1;
    _dead   = 0;    
    _exlode = 0;
while {true} do
{
    _zedpos    = getpos _zed;
    _getTarget = count (_zed nearTargets 10); 

for "_i" from 0 to (_getTarget -1) do 
    {
        if (_getTarget >= 1) exitWith {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;_dead = 1; sleep 1; deleteVehicle _explode};

};

if (_dead == 1) exitWith {};

if (!alive _zed) exitWith {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1; sleep 1; deleteVehicle _explode};
    sleep 0.01;

};

Hi,

Sadly nearTargets doesn't work with Agents. Try this (untested) script :

_pos = _this select 0;

_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
_zed setDir random 359;

waitUntil {!alive _zed || (!isNil {_zed getVariable "_zTarget"} && {[_zed, _zed getVariable "_zTarget"] call rvg_fnc_zed_inRange})};
_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle (position _zed);
_exlode setDamage 1;

Ravage has its own functions to determine targets for zombies; said targets are saved in the "_zTarget" variable (one at a time, usually the closest). The inRange function triggers the attack anims whenever a target is close enough, so your zombie should go kaboom as soon as it decides to attack someone or something. ;)

EDIT : by the way, the next update is nearing completion. ninja.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

Ravage has its own functions to determine targets for zombies; said targets are saved in the "_zTarget" variable (one at a time, usually the closest). The inRange function triggers the attack anims whenever a target is close enough, so your zombie should go kaboom as soon as it decides to attack someone or something. ;)

I love and hate this idea of exploding zombies :eh:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

I love and hate this idea of exploding zombies :eh:

I need to have a go at Dying Light mate. ^^