After enjoying playing around with Ravage and the editor for quite a while I have finally released a scenario for you to pull apart/ridicule.

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it.

Bad Intel Blues

1-4 player coop RAVAGE scenario

Thanks to Jimmakos and Kodabar for their help in creating and testing.

tc

YUKi

• Like 3

We've got a big ArmA 3 update that's just been released. All 9.3GB of it. Expect problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kodabar said:

We've got a big ArmA 3 update that's just been released. All 9.3GB of it. Expect problems.

AWESOMESAUCE!!!    ...just as things were getting back to normal....   :drinking:

• Like 1

Yep, my mission planned tonight is completly out of question, since no one will be ready on time.

Incoming huge feddbacks and issues! 

Looks like Ravage is coping well with the new update to main branch....specifically the 64-bit exe.

Just had an enjoyable couple of hours hosting a very basic Ravage MP mission locally, still getting the great performance from a well written mod, but I think the 64-bit support just seems to tighten everything up.

edit....given the magnitude of the update today, i decided to perform a fresh installation of Arma 3. :f:

• Like 4

Hi there,

I can confirm no visible issues on Ravage right now: Zed are spawning, survivors are moving and shooting, etc...

For those using the TADST to make a dedicated server, you can just use the x32 or x64 without issue.

I got an issue by using INDBI2, I've kept my server in x32 for the current time.

Edit for INDBI2: please check the INDBI2 thread for the solution. 

I'm keeping checking if I found any issue.

• Like 1

Also ran ravage last night for several hours. No new issues found. Running smooth as always.

Fire

• Like 1

So main branch got updated? I am on devbranch and there were no issues for me... 1 GB download today, I don't think there will be problems.

7 hours ago, tortuosit said:

So main branch got updated? I am on devbranch and there were no issues for me... 1 GB download today, I don't think there will be problems.

Yup, it was mainly the main branch. 9.3GB or so if you're on the main branch (10.3GB or so when installed). 1GB-ish if you're on the main branch but don't have Apex. Windows version only (Mac and Linux remain on 1.64)

Dev branch got a 1GB update, taking the game to 140920. It mainly added aircraft stuff.

Hey i just released a mission with Ravage mode, its a old project reworked.

Mission here :  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885530382

Short english description :

You are one of the survivors of a destructive epidemic, you and your small group survived with great difficulty during many years, except that today everything has exchange...

A dark force equipped with drone invaded the Island of Altis and attack all which is organic, alive or undead...
All your friends were killed in front of drones, you are only and you have only a single desire to avenge you.

You have learn that the men who check drones hide right here on Altis, you have to find them and eliminate them!!!

Its a survival mission with a end, you must find the cave and find the bad guys ;)

Info the Zombies from zombies and demon drop weapons and Ammo from Niarsenal.

A little spoil here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVT-w2kReM&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Hi all,

I got a question regarding the horde module: it seems the zombies spanw by this module are not deleted by the clean-up module. Can anybody confirm this?

Also, I saw in the log that the horde behavior is not working; what does it implies?

Have a nice day!

On 3/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, Jimmakos said:

Error report regarding Rabbids invasion:

a2WECFYG.jpg

XD is this anything to do with why i see demented demon rabbits with super speed? i suppose it makes it more interesting hunting them , But what worries is me is possible fps cost of these energizer bunnies lol

Taller grass, better cover.....

WiBIXoI.jpg

Increasing the length of the grass on Altis makes things a lot more interesting....

• Like 8

Oh boy, that looks uber cool!

Is that CG's High Grass? ^^

Lol, someone beat me to it...^^...nah, man just a little personal config tweak.....been messing around with the grass lengths after I finished the ground clutter tweak yesterday. Good fun!

• Like 1

I continue to have the same problems as a mission maker. I cannot figure this out. I've read countless other threads on this topic and can't get a straight answer from anyone. I keep getting conflicting information.

First... how do I get custom made loadouts to respawn the way I made them? I will give custom player loadouts a specific gun and uniform, for example, and every time I die in game, it reverts back to the template and has none of the same starting gear I had.

I also need to know how to override character profiles made on Arma? For example, if I give my character profile sunglasses, every time I play Arma, my character has sunglasses. Is there a way as a mission maker to override this? If I want my player loadouts to start with a shemag on instead of having glasses on, can this be overridden?

2 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

I continue to have the same problems as a mission maker. I cannot figure this out. I've read countless other threads on this topic and can't get a straight answer from anyone. I keep getting conflicting information.

First... how do I get custom made loadouts to respawn the way I made them? I will give custom player loadouts a specific gun and uniform, for example, and every time I die in game, it reverts back to the template and has none of the same starting gear I had.

I also need to know how to override character profiles made on Arma? For example, if I give my character profile sunglasses, every time I play Arma, my character has sunglasses. Is there a way as a mission maker to override this? If I want my player loadouts to start with a shemag on instead of having glasses on, can this be overridden?

Respawn with on death loadout.

Two files in your mission folder, pasted without change.

Spoiler

onPlayerKilled.sqf

[player, [missionNamespace, "inventory_var"]] call BIS_fnc_saveInventory;

and 

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

[player, [missionNamespace, "inventory_var"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

Load your custom loadout from the player init with

Spoiler

null = [this] execVM "loadout1.sqf";  

And another file in your mission folder (export from the armory to find the classnames of your loadout to replace the ones I have been using obviously)

Spoiler

loadout1.sqf

waitUntil {!isNull player};       //to prevent MP / JIP issues

_unit = _this select 0;

comment "Remove existing items";
removeallweapons _unit;
removeallassigneditems _unit;
removeallcontainers _unit;

comment "Add containers";
_unit forceAddUniform "U_B_CTRG_1";
_unit addItemToUniform "FirstAidKit";
_unit addItemToUniform "Chemlight_green";
_unit addVest "V_Chestrig_blk";
_unit addmagazines ["30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",2];
_unit addHeadgear "H_Watchcap_camo";
_unit addGoggles "LBG_Shemagh_OD";

comment "Add weapons";
_unit addWeapon "arifle_MX_Black_F";

comment "Add items";
_unit linkItem "ItemMap";
_unit linkItem "ItemCompass";
_unit linkItem "ItemWatch";
_unit linkItem "ItemRadio";

if(true) exitWith{};

hope that helps

YUKi

And yes it took me while to find it too.

Edited by McYuki
its late and wine has been flowing
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

McYuki is very close, but I don't think what he posted will be exactly what you asked for.  BIS_fnc_saveInventory and BIS_fnc_loadInventory wil respawn you with whatever you died with.

You may try something along these lines:

initPlayerLocal.sqf

sleep 2;
nul=execVM "load_no_nvg.sqf";

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

if (!alive player) exitWith {};

player execVM "load_no_nvg.sqf";

load_no_nvg.sqf

//sleep 0.3;

if (!alive player) exitWith {};

removeAllWeapons player;
removeAllContainers player;

removeVest player;
_vests = ["V_TacVestCamo_khk","V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_khk","V_TacVest_camo","V_TacVest_brn","V_TacVest_blk","V_HarnessOSpec_gry","V_HarnessOSpec_brn","V_HarnessOGL_gry","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessO_brn","V_Chestrig_rgr","V_Chestrig_oli","V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_blk","V_BandollierB_rgr","V_BandollierB_oli","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_BandollierB_blk"];
_count = count _vests;
player addVest (_vests select floor random _count);

removeUniform player;
_uniforms = ["U_IG_Guerilla3_2","U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_OG_Guerilla2_1","U_C_Poor_2","U_C_Poor_1","U_BG_Guerilla2_2","U_B_SpecopsUniform_sgg","U_O_GhillieSuit","U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_tshirt","U_B_GhillieSuit","U_MillerBody"];
_count = count _uniforms;
player addUniform (_uniforms select floor random _count);

removeHeadgear player;
_headgear = ["","H_shemag_olive","H_shemag_olive","H_shemag_olive","H_Bandanna_sgg","H_Bandanna_khk","H_Bandanna_gry","H_Bandanna_cbr","H_Bandanna_camo"];
_count = count _headgear;
player addHeadGear (_headgear select floor random _count);

player addItem "acc_flashlight"; 
player additem "FirstAidkit";
player addItem "itemWatch";
player additem "itemMap";
player additem "ItemCompass";
player assignitem "itemwatch";
player assignitem "itemmap";
player assignitem "itemcompass";
player addmagazine "30Rnd_9x21_Mag";
player addmagazine "16Rnd_9x21_Mag";
player addweapon "SMG_02_ACO_F";
player addweapon "hgun_P07_F";
//player addBackpack "B_Parachute";

sleep 0.5;

{
	if(side _x == west) then {
	    _x unassignItem "NVGoggles";
	    _x removeItem "NVGoggles";
	};
} foreach (allUnits);

Obviously, change the loadout classnames to what you want. The only thing I put in the player init is:     enableSentences false;         -I can't stand the constant jibber-jabber

This will respawn your players with the original loadout that you set upon respawn.  (unless I forgot something.. lol)

Only thing is:  This is for multiplayer environment. If you're playing single player it may need some adjustments.

Fire

edit: BTW this gives a "controlled" random loadout.  - so not everyone looks identical.

• Like 5

Transfixed by the dance of the dead, I let my guard down....

• Like 5

Hi, first of all AWESOME MOD!!

I'm using Ravage in a couple of scenarios and since the last a3 update I'm having some issues....

dead Ambient AI and zombies are not always cleaned...

I can't add Warefaithai ex FAL rifles to virtual arsenal... but FAL rifles can be found looting dead AI or looting( I think this is happening with other Warefarethai Weapons too).

I can't find toolkits to repair vehicles anywhere... 

New bug?

Thirst seems to be staying at 100 after death/respawn. Tried searching for previous reference to this and found no mention of it.

This is on a listen server, so I'm not sure if it applies to single player scenarios.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, McYuki said:

New bug?

Thirst seems to be staying at 100 after death/respawn. Tried searching for previous reference to this and found no mention of it.

This is on a listen server, so I'm not sure if it applies to single player scenarios.

You would be correct. It actually can happen with either one (hunger or thirst) when we're playing. But I've not seen both at the same time.

Edited by FireWalker
And yes, I only play MP

Can confirm that as well, i've seen one of the two (hunger or thirst) getting stucked after respawn.

Hey guys!

I didn't have much time to work on Ravage lately, but a small patch is coming soon.

So far, the following issues have been adressed :

Fixed :
Hunger and Thirst sometimes getting stucked after a respawn.
Survivors spawning above ground level.
Fix for safe zone and zed blacklist modules.

I am also tweaking a couple of things regarding rabbits and their behaviour. I'll investigate a few more issues that have been reported and prep a test build soon!

I hope you guys are still having fun besides those hiccups. ;)

• Like 8