It works if you call the insignia by custom loadout script but no ells

Thanks for the feedback / update, loopdk. I am glad you found a way of applying it. We'd put back the 'insignia' selection we had accidentally missed in the original release and tested that you could apply them in the virtual arsenal, which you can. We'd have to take a look as to why your init code isn't working ahead of a future release.

Great mod ! Tbh. I love playing with brits, also do you also plan to add infantry in desert DPM? 

Hopefully. A smaller selection of gear in desert and woodland DPM is something we'd like to add in the future.

Great to hear that! Looking forward to that part of your mod  B)

@jordanbache97: That is actually the Blufor NATO uniform from Arma 3. We have tried to modify it considerably to remove the kneepads. However, they still appear under certain lighting conditions and we haven't been able to resolve it. Because of that, there are no plans to switch to it as it stands.

We do have a new uniform courtesy of Cunico (of RHS fame), but it needs to be weighted to correctly use the Arma 3 skeleton. That is something we can't do at present as we lack someone with the skills to do it.

Out of interest, where did you find the image?

Looking good :)

Nice to see you guys working on a new model for the uniforms

2XPt6S9.jpg

Looking good :)

Edit: oh that one's not being used, good luck getting the new uniform in.

Out of interest, where did you find the image?

In zues,

NAVY MTP

MEN

BASE SOLDIER NEW MTP

one light MTP

on Dark MTP

Please ignore the uniform, it was just a part of an internal trial, that is now dead.  Looks like it slipped through our QA.   :(

As for the fusilier beret, I've added it to the backlog.

We'd need someone to model any new kit. We also have a lot on our 'to do' list as it is. However, if anyone is interested in making up the new armour, we'd be interested in including it, but it's not a current priority.

I sent a message to the 3CB account on the 11th, is there an account that would be better to send a pm to for private discussion? 

This is being brought in to service so I should think we will see at least from our side a lot of interest in maybe getting this system of equipment in game, the issue is the modding community. Not that they don't do fantastic work that's not what I mean, I mean when it comes to branching out towards other forces, the majority of the community works solely on US equipment, so finding people who can model, rig and texture for groups on the Brit side gets difficult.

@sgt.m.stonebridge: You are correct. Access to good models of UK kit is essentially our limiting factor. Where we can get access to them, we can slowly work our way through the work load and get things released in game. However, without a modeller dedicated to producing things for us, we can only release what is either donated to us with permissions, or ported and modified from BIS's released arma 2 models. We do have a nice uniform mesh which would give us a much more accurate UK uniform, but without someone who could weight it to the arma 3 skeleton, we can't make use of it.

It's a shame, we need more people who have these skills in our community, it would make so much more of a difference if we could get the support needed, hell, I'd be willing to try and model the equipment if I had decent enough reference images of it. Side, back, front. I think as a community we need to know who can do what, and see if they would be willing to take part in a joint effort to bring more equipment to ArmA, I don't mean just using in game assets because it's not true to life. 

We need to create the content ourselves, develop it ourselves so that we learn, and can then apply it to other projects. I know that sort of team would be difficult to get going, on account that many people have their own things they want to do. But I think in terms of already available stuff, it's so limited to what we had in ArmA 2.

Not amount of re-textures, or re-modeling of current available items in game will give the community the diversity it hopes for, I would love to see a collective effort to bring in more existing equipment, and not just for the Brit units, although we are sadly behind, but for all. But that's just my hope, and so I can only wait and see what the future brings.

I would rather see a CBA/webbing combo, unless your going for 2020+ we wont be seeing this stuff

if i could model i would but i don't know how and wont have the time 

I fully understand if you don't want to, but have you thought about teaming up with the CUP team? You are both working on British gear so I'm sure you'll both be able to help each over out.

Either way, I hope you can find someone to help. I would offer to help if I knew anything about modelling or Arma modding.

• Like 1

@Teromad, the two teams have somewhat different aims.  It's my understanding that CUP is largely concerned with porting as much of the A2 content as possible to A3, which provides us all with a fantastic resource.  3CB aims to create high quality mods with a specific focus to the BAF.  We prefer to use higher resolution models and textures than those available in A2, whenever possible.  That and the somewhat smaller team, means we take longer to get our mods released.  Deltagamer, the BAF lead in CUP, is an old friend of ours from 3CB :)

@Teromad, the two teams have somewhat different aims.  It's my understanding that CUP is largely concerned with porting as much of the A2 content as possible to A3, which provides us all with a fantastic resource.  3CB aims to create high quality mods with a specific focus to the BAF.  We prefer to use higher resolution models and textures than those available in A2, whenever possible.  That and the somewhat smaller team, means we take longer to get our mods released.  Deltagamer, the BAF lead in CUP, is an old friend of ours from 3CB :)

More HD gear.. not old arma2  :D