ION Services Inc. by MistyRonin

- ION Services Inc. -
by MistyRonin

click on it to see in high res
dqRjetN.jpg

Version: 0.1 (06/29/2015)

Required Addons: RHS US

Description:

This addon is basically a really simple config that uses vanilla and RHS US assets to create an ION Services faction (it does not include any new models nor textures).

I created this addon to add an interesting PMC faction for my missions, and I thought that other people may find it useful too.

For those who don't know, ION Services is a fictional PMC company created by BI that appears in Arma 2 (specifically in the Private Military Company DLC).

It includes a dozen PMC soldiers, three helicopters (MD500, MD500 with benches and Ka60) and a black SUV.
In addition there is an AAF 2015 faction, where AAF soldiers use RHS' M16s & M249.

Credits:
Config by MistyRonin.

Special Thanks:
My mates of the RHS Team. :wub: 
Bohemia Interactive.
Cavallers del Cel.
Corporal Lib.
Mike Tim.
Armaholic

Download:

Mega Mirror

Armaholic Mirror

• Like 1

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey MistyRonin , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thank you all!

Any chance of some images..?

I'll try to capture some tomorrow :)

I'll probably also add a black quad and an armored version of the SUV.

Would you consider including with the US RHS mod even if the units are only available via scripting?

Would you consider including with the US RHS mod even if the units are only available via scripting?

Tho I believe it would be nice, unfortunately the team decided that no.

But I'll keep supporting it (probably I will release a new update for each RHS official patch). :)

BTW here's the pic (click on it to see it in high res):

dqRjetN.jpg

Thanks @MistyRonin. Great pic by the way! I am trying to minimize the addon requirements for missions but be able to have scenarios with US PMC types. This could extend to Russian PMC types as well. Even if it's not advertised as much it would be a pleasant surprise for mission consumers. I understand lots of questions were asked about the US special ops content and may have influenced this decision. Who on your team needs to be convinced? Hope they'll reconside ;).

I appreciate your kind words. :)

This could extend to Russian PMC types as well.

Yeah, it's something I have in mind, specially if people are interested in it.

I'll probably make it modular, meaning: if you delete certain addon you will only need RHS:US as requirement, if you delete another, you will only need the RHS:Russia.

I am looking forward to it.

So I will likely make it an optional addon for the mission. If user has it installed, it'll be used and vice versa. I am assuming there is a way to check using scripts if addon is enabled.

You won't really need RHS content for an authentic Russian PMC.

P1000058-t600x600.jpg

oz20RcyOSHk.jpg

onA6bT9Pgf4.jpg

Not sure if this is being actively worked on, but there's a small bug, every PMC carries a Patrol Cap and an AN/PVS-14 in their inventory.

Not sure if this is being actively worked on, but there's a small bug, every PMC carries a Patrol Cap and an AN/PVS-14 in their inventory.

Yup, it's been actively worked. I'll check that. Thank you for the report :)

Edit: It's already corrected. I'll probably release a new ION update when we release the next RHS update (with Glocks and so on :cool:)

The PMC models are pretty awesome, it adds a lot of options for mission designs especially for Iraq/Afghan style PMC operations.

I don't know if you would have any interest in this, but it would be cool if you expanded on the AAF 2015 faction a little more to go along with this. AAF are based in a Greek looking area, you could easily base them off the Hellenic Army. They use HMMWV, M113 series, BMP, etc. It would make for a really interesting mix of gear for a faction. There are a lot of cool mission possibilities that could go along with that. AAF 2015 vs PMC/Insurgent faction for instance.

Anyways just a thought, love the work, keep it up! :)

EDIT: Russian PMC faction would be awesome to see too, just saying!

Yeah, it would be nice to have a fully functioning AAF 2015 with groups and all the other bells and whistles, and maybe a Hellenic insurgent faction with old Warsaw Pact weapons that they could have got from Turkey or Russia. I know its kind of outside the scope of the project, I just want forces one can fight on Altis that are at least plausible.

The PMC models are pretty awesome, it adds a lot of options for mission designs especially for Iraq/Afghan style PMC operations.

I don't know if you would have any interest in this, but it would be cool if you expanded on the AAF 2015 faction a little more to go along with this. AAF are based in a Greek looking area, you could easily base them off the Hellenic Army. They use HMMWV, M113 series, BMP, etc. It would make for a really interesting mix of gear for a faction. There are a lot of cool mission possibilities that could go along with that. AAF 2015 vs PMC/Insurgent faction for instance.

Anyways just a thought, love the work, keep it up! :)

Sorry for the delay in the answer, haven't checked the thread for a while. 

What you expose it's something I was thinking about. Should be feasible, tho I don't know when :)

is this compatible with ALiVE? if so what is the Faction class. Thanks.

I haven't tried, so I don't really know. If someone check please tell us if it works :)

Sorry for the delay in the answer, haven't checked the thread for a while. 

What you expose it's something I was thinking about. Should be feasible, tho I don't know when :)

I haven't tried, so I don't really know. If someone check please tell us if it works :)

Factions aren't set up for ALiVE.  I just tested.  A few helos spawned, but no infantry and got the message that the faction name could be faulty.

Nice addon though.

Factions aren't set up for ALiVE.  I just tested.  A few helos spawned, but no infantry and got the message that the faction name could be faulty..

Whenever I find time I'll try to improve it  :) 

I had some technical issues with the HDD that had the mod's configs, so it may take a while. 

Not sure if just me but I cannot spawn these guys in with zeus.

Would a Replacement pack for vanilla AAF to use the 2015 faction's weapons be possible? That would much more simpler, unless of course you plan on doing more with that faction like including RHS vehicles.