Sign in to follow this  
krihelion

BI has just lost a customer

Normally I don't make these type of threads, but this is just purely insanity. To preface, I have not played for 6+ months, with most of my 1600 hours coming from MilSim with a bit of Battle Royale.

Myself and a friend decided to hop on yesterday, I had not launched for a while and had accidentally deleted all my document files, so ArmA lost all of its configurations. I reconfigured, and we went to join a King of the Hill server before I headed out to work. Upon joining, I was faced with "BE is not enabled". I clicked I believe it was Agree, and headed out of the game to fix it. I enabled it, restarted it, same thing. I noticed there was a log, and the issue was referencing CheatEngine. A program I have had installed forever, even when I played before, for testing/strat theories on Paradox Interactive games. Anyways, it was in red so I figured it was the issue, and went ahead and deleted it. I then launched, and was able to join the server, save for walk around a bit, I did nothing before I headed out to work.

Upon returning from work, I noticed I had been kicked for idle, and thought nothing of it. I then began working on forming a new MilSim group, and did not enter any servers. I loaded up some mods through playwithsix to make a new modpack, and thats about it. About 30 minutes ago, we decided to try out Battle Royale again, and I went to check one of the servers. Upon joining I was faced with a Global Ban error message. I tried a few other servers, same thing. I really cannot put into words how I feel about this, and have since sent a email to battle eye support. However, I recall a buddy of mine, who is honorable as they come, and I can assure you has never touched anything cheat related, was also banned during A3 alpha, and was not unbanned.

This is just ridiculous in my mind, I have spent 1600, nearly 1700 hours on this game, and have not played in over 6 months. Being banned for having a program? Are you kidding me? I checked task manager for running processes, nothing. If that was not the issue, it gets even more ridiculous. But it had to of been, other than deleting my documents folder, and downloading some mods, my ArmA3 interaction has been nothing for months. If in the slim chance I am actually unbanned, I'll think nothing less of the company. But right now, with the odds overwhelmingly looking like I wasted 60 dollars, I will be parting ways with BI.

So the cheat engine was for a different game and battle eye found it and banned you from Arma? If true that seems a little harsh. Did that said cheat engine spread files or reference your arma 3 folders? That could be why.

So the cheat engine was for a different game and battle eye found it and banned you from Arma? If true that seems a little harsh.

Pretty much, I understand that cheat engine has it applications with life servers and what not, but come on, the program was not even running, let alone attached to the arma exe.

So an anti-cheat program found a cheat engine you have installed and banned you, isn't that what BE is designed to do ? :p

So an anti-cheat program found a cheat engine you have installed and banned you, isn't that what BE is designed to do ? :p

It really is not. Not to mention I have had this program installed all the way back to ArmA2, and is a pretty common program. It's name is cheat engine, but its applications are much broader than cheating.

I don't think BE can see what programs you have installed, only programs that are currently running. You must have had cheat engine running or attached to ArmA.

I have Cheat Engine installed as well and have never had any issues. But I also never use it within ArmA, or any online games for that matter. Cheat Engine is a rather useful program, not only used for cheating.

I don't think BE can see what programs you have installed, only programs that are currently running. You must have had cheat engine running or attached to ArmA.

I have Cheat Engine installed as well and have never had any issues. But I also never use it within ArmA, or any online games for that matter. Cheat Engine is a rather useful program, not only used for cheating.

This perplexes me then, I checked and checked, I had no process running. What makes even less sense, is the time delay between playing, and being banned. I have not used cheat engine in the past 48 hours at least.

BE bans are never instant, it's detected instantly but left so that if you use multiple cheats you never know what one caused the ban.

This perplexes me then, I checked and checked, I had no process running. What makes even less sense, is the time delay between playing, and being banned. I have not used cheat engine in the past 48 hours at least.

I believe that there is a time delay when it comes to being banned. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with Valve's VAC. Sometimes it may take weeks in order for a ban to go into effect. I've never been banned by VAC or BattlEye so I can't say for sure on the time delay.

If you are globally banned by BattlEye, contact their support if you have a just case. There's nothing anyone here can do for you.