Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Timesetting of the expansion

Hey guys, gals, devs

will the new expansion be futuristic like arma 3?

or will it be more towards the modern age we are at now?

sorry if its a stupid question

This is all we know about the expansion. It will be set in the same timeframe (2035) as the rest of the game.

See above, the setting is still "futuristic" but the official assets seen so far have been what I'll call "time neutral", nothing about the trailer would look out of place with modern units/vehicles populating Tanoa.

See above, the setting is still "futuristic" but the official assets seen so far have been what I'll call "time neutral", nothing about the trailer would look out of place with modern units/vehicles populating Tanoa.

Which personally I think it's a smart move. Way better than the "alien" buildings in Altis and the weird metallic towers.

Which personally I think it's a smart move. Way better than the "alien" buildings in Altis and the weird metallic towers.
Considering Altis' origin the look may have been intentional... whereas Tanoa's assets were presumably all (I'm certain most were) made specifically for Arma 3.

I thought the alien buildings were just homage to ArmA Futura?

I thought the alien buildings were just homage to ArmA Futura?
Quite possibly created for Futura, is my point.

Considering Altis' origin the look may have been intentional... whereas Tanoa's assets were presumably all (I'm certain most were) made specifically for Arma 3.

Wow. That article. Scary stuff, but now everything makes sense, as in everything that had happened to this company and this series makes sense now. Thank you for sharing this.

Wow. That article. Scary stuff, but now everything makes sense, as in everything that had happened to this company and this series makes sense now. Thank you for sharing this.
Mind you, you have to read between the lines due to what I perceive as the author's Rocket bias, but the way that article paints the quotations of Maruk's an Arma 3 that was thematically in the style of Arma 2 (setting-wise) was never in the cards because Arma 3 itself wasn't at first.

Mind you, you have to read between the lines due to what I perceive as the author's Rocket bias, but the way that article paints the quotations of Maruk's an Arma 3 that was thematically in the style of Arma 2 (setting-wise) was never in the cards because Arma 3 itself wasn't at first.

100%; calling it "Dean Hall's Game" is a complete joke. No ArmA or OFP, no DayZ simple as that. Skilled addon/mod maker? Yes- but as events have proven, not a game developer at all.