SparkZ

Sudden sound and FPS lag

Hello.

After the last few updates, my Arma 3 suddenly started having serious FPS and sound lag in firefights, which I haven't had before.

Like the campaign. Before I could run the campaign with no problem at all, even at huge firefights. But as soon as a small firefight starts, it starts to go from 30 FPS to 2 FPS and the sound is lagging like hell and sounding like a robot. My drivers are all up to date, I restarted my pc, disabled all mods...I don't know what the hell this is. Please help me. :o

Jesus Christ...I've made tons of posts in the past with a problem or question. But not a single one answers it...EVER? Like service here is really great sometimes. I love Arma and all and I thank BI for that game...but sheez...my posts NEVER gets answered...

Thanks for your response! :D But if I disable BattlEye, I'll be asked to restart my game to enable BattlEye when playing on BattlEye servers. So that kind of sucks :/ but thanks for responding :D

Battleye induced Lag upon Movement(WASD and Mouse clicks)

When I join servers that have battleye protection enabled I get lag that freezes the screen when you try to move. I have put exceptions in the firewall I have for Arma 3 and Battleye. The only firewall I use is the one provided through Windows 7. Tried disabiling the firewall to see if that would help but it didnt help. Reinstalled Battleye folders also

I have been looking all over for the past couple of days trying to figure out how to solve this problem. With this bug my game is unplayable with battleye enabled servers which is what I played on in the past.

Note: I have played servers without battleye and it works perfectly without issue.

FPS drops from 40+ to 5 when any input is made.

I usually try to figure out this stuff on my own since every setup is different but I am at a loss for what to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically the same problem that I have been having since coming back to the game after a few months. Game was running perfectly then but now battleye is causing issues and makes the multiplayer experience unplayable if you are looking to go on servers with battleye protection enabled. I am beginning to think that it will not get fixed because I have looked everywhere for a solution and nothing has shown.

I purchased the Marksman dlc and would really like to get to play with the new toys lol.....

It would be nice to know that dev's are looking at this glitch or at least know of it.

Jesus Christ...I've made tons of posts in the past with a problem or question. But not a single one answers it...EVER? Like service here is really great sometimes. I love Arma and all and I thank BI for that game...but sheez...my posts NEVER gets answered...

The forum members are not at your service...:rolleyes:

The forum members are not at your service...:rolleyes:

Well we hope to see developers or the like in the forums also answering some questions.They were just getting at it that way because this is the games forum, you kinda expect some sort of presence from the devs. Not saying that its not around but I can understand when you have a problem and it seems to be stuck under the rug when its not a widespread issue. I know they have a bug reporting board/site but from what I have seen this would be a better avenue of getting your questions answered. Even if its just a "hey we know and are looking into it"....

Anyways Hope we can get this thing settled and solved Thanks to anyone that can help with it :)

EDIT

I have found the solution to the problem. Some sort of Malware infection was keeping battleye clogged or something. Battleye customer service recommended Malwarebytes Anti malware and to do a scan. It solved my problem right away and now I can play Arma 3 again.

I thought my computer was free from any infections so I didn't think about running a scan. Microsoft Security Essentials was missing these files and With the other program it picked up over 500 instances of PUP infections on my computer. So if anyone is having issues I recommend running a scan on your computer and if you find nothing try a different program to double check.

Edited by Quantum90

What anti-malware program did you use for it?

It's been awhile but disabling Battleye won't fix it. It's happening all the time. And no it's not my specs that can't handle it 'cause I have 1500 hours of gameplay of Arma 3 en didn't had tha problem, I could run it perfect. It just started happening after one of the last updates I think. I'm thinking of making a video of it, so it's easier to understand what problem I have.

Here's the video of my problem.

On 2015-08-11 at 4:13 PM, SparkZ said:

It's been awhile but disabling Battleye won't fix it. It's happening all the time. And no it's not my specs that can't handle it 'cause I have 1500 hours of gameplay of Arma 3 en didn't had tha problem, I could run it perfect. It just started happening after one of the last updates I think. I'm thinking of making a video of it, so it's easier to understand what problem I have.

Here's the video of my problem.

I have the same problem but just randomly and the lag get bad

you mean you have the regular 3fps bug?

23 minutes ago, TGTBgamepro57 said:

I have the same problem but just randomly and the lag get bad

you mean to say you have the regular 3 fps bug?

As a test; Try lowering your windows sound settings to 44100hz 16bit or number of voices within the game.

Did you update the soundcard/chipset drivers recently?