Hey everyone,

I've been working on a LHD amphibious assault ship for sometime now so I thought now would be a good time to announce it. Currently its a basic port of the A2 LHD however I have started adding interiors to the ship. Right now I'm using the Atlas LHD as a reference so you may notice that the design of the interiors will be a bit similar. I'm wanting to expand on the ship and give it a lot more features than its A2 version. Feel free to let me know what you think about this and give any feedback/features you would like to see. If you are interested in helping me out then let me know as any help with this would be greatly appreciated. This mod will be open source and on github like my other mods.

Here's some images

W405LtP.jpg wLPVnRj.jpg

qsPeUDJ.jpg erjCr3E.jpg

Link to more images

• Like 1

Is there any possibility of you considering a more sleek outer design? Based on current modern Stealth Ships? Simply for the Exterior though, just to fit in with other modern tech, or is the port strictly close to realism as you can get it?

Is there any possibility of you considering a more sleek outer design? Based on current modern Stealth Ships? Simply for the Exterior though, just to fit in with other modern tech, or is the port strictly close to realism as you can get it?

Well I'm aiming for an accurate representation of the real thing, references are really hard to find however. I guess I could always look at doing an Arma 3 version that looks a bit more futuristic in the future however currently this mods main focus is to give the user a decent naval experience in A3.

Well I'm aiming for an accurate representation of the real thing, references are really hard to find however. I guess I could always look at doing an Arma 3 version that looks a bit more futuristic in the future however currently this mods main focus is to give the user a decent naval experience in A3.

Sounds good. Can't wait to see the progress!

Look great, hopefully harrier will not explode while taking off from it.

Why Harrier should explode? On the other LHD they explode?

@ SFOD-D_SNAKEBITE: It's supposedly something to do with PhysX and aircraft/flight deck interactions, the source for my old port that I sent deltagamer's way shouldn't have PhysX.

Ye on the one amde by other guy (sorrry I don;t know the name) after you pass certain point the harrier explodes.

Ye on the one amde by other guy (sorrry I don;t know the name) after you pass certain point the harrier explodes.

I never see this issue. Will check.

@Chortles, thx for your answre.

Small update, I've completed the first hangar area and its beginning to come along nicely. I'm going to look at doing the elevators and then the Well Deck once I've added the finishing touches to the hangar.

@Jdot11 - I don't think I will, it might limit the space of the hangar if I decided to do that.

Aaaand we've basically hit on what I find so great about this, though I'd love to be able to incorporate it myself. :)

Release is almost around the corner and the mod is now uploaded on GitHub so for anyone interested they can keep up with the development and download the sources of the mod to try for their own use. However I've kind of hit a brick wall and its going to hinder any further development/release of this mod. Basically I'm getting an "Invisible Gap" issue with the deck and it's causing units to fall through certain parts of the ship when it is spawned in certain locations of the map (Maybe due to the spawn script I'm using) - it does work in certain locations however I need it to work 100% of the time when placed. If anyone is familiar with this and is willing to help me out then please don't hesitate to do so as I could really use with the help here. I believe Atlas Mod managed to sort out their issue however I have no clue on how they did it.

Any help on this would be great.

GitHub Link - https://github.com/deltagamer/DEGA_LHD

Thread Link for the issue I'm having - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?193146-LHD-Spawn-Issue-%28SetPos-CreateVehicle-and-Model-Segments%29

I find that a common problem on navy assets not just on specific ones. the nimitz for example, I fall through it sometimes.

Yeah I really don't want to release this properly until I have this issue sorted out as its quite game breaking. It seems that the Atlas Guys have it fixed so hopefully I could maybe find out how they did it. Once I can get around this issue I will go ahead with the initial release and maybe even document on how to fix this so other modders can know how to get around the issue in the future.

I have a problem, i downloaded the file from Github, and put it in the Arma 3 directory, but i can't find it in the editor, while my game shows me the mod is enabled.

Please help?

Well the mod isn't really in a usable state right now however the ship is located under empty > ship > USS Khe Sanh (LHD 9 - Script)

Edit -

Note: This mod hasn't been released, so you will need to pack it yourself.

Edited by deltagamer

It isn't there, or do i also need to have the ATLAS LHD mod running?

No there is no requirements, have you packed the mod using something like mikero's tools? I would recommend waiting until the mod is released as there is a major issue with it right now.

No i haven't

You will need to do that then. I haven't actually released the mod people just have access to my GitHub so they can keep up-to-date on development and download the most recent sources.

Aah, oke. I will wait until you release it then, because i have no idea on how to use mikero's tools. Keep up the good work

hey deltagamer Ive been following your work and have to ask how do you have it set up for players to transition from the well deck to the hanger deck ? is there going to be a ramp like the lpd had in arma 2 if you planned on that route the ramp down from the hanger decks on lhd's are on the right hand side of the hanger deck slightly under the island on the flight deck on the real lhds

Yeah there is a personnel ramp and elevator that heads down to the Well Deck. It was really hard to find any decent reference material for the LHD's interior so I ended up basing the main part from the Atlas LHD.

Check your PM Delta. Hope they help.

If you're using the previous LHD as a guide our group found the ramp on the second floor was a little too steep. A more shallow angle might make it easier to move vehicles from one level to another.