diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

@diesel5187 Are there any plans on updating MELB to use the new dynamic loadout system? If so - will standalone version be updated or just RHS?

• Like 1

MELB will be updated for DLS. Soon. 

• Like 5

On 6/7/2017 at 4:56 PM, BadHabitz said:

MELB will be updated for DLS. Soon. 

Soon.tm

• Like 4

Are you able to use a single model/unit (OH-6M), and attach animations/pods to transform it into the attack/transport variant ? Could be a useful for switching on the fly during the mission.

Its no good way for 

18 hours ago, KiTooN said:

Are you able to use a single model/unit (OH-6M), and attach animations/pods to transform it into the attack/transport variant ? Could be a useful for switching on the fly during the mission.

It's no good way for maintain realism on Arma 3, maybe you should try BF instead Arma 3.

4 hours ago, jacd said:

Its no good way for 

It's no good way for maintain realism on Arma 3, maybe you should try BF instead Arma 3.

What, you are the first person that picks battlefield to be more realistic than arma.

9 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

What, you are the first person that picks battlefield to be more realistic than arma.

He is saying the exact opposite.

• Like 1

On the fly means without switching units or reloading the game btw. It doesn't mean WHILE FLYING

Let's use images since even simple words are hard to understand :

mh-6-little-bird_008-ts600.jpg

46395-200.pnghelitech-helicopter-repair.jpg

81c11b2bf477f9a901df52482a10e06d.jpg

Let me explain.

In order to remove the pylons from the stealth vanilla planes, you need to switch from vehicle to vehicle, there's no user action to remove/add the animation source.

I'm asking if it is possible to switch from an OH-6 to an AH-6/MH-6 or in any other order, while on the ground, engines shut off.

17 hours ago, KiTooN said:

On the fly means without switching units or reloading the game btw. It doesn't mean WHILE FLYING

Let's use images since even simple words are hard to understand :

Let me explain.

In order to remove the pylons from the stealth vanilla planes, you need to switch from vehicle to vehicle, there's no user action to remove/add the animation source.

I'm asking if it is possible to switch from an OH-6 to an AH-6/MH-6 or in any other order, while on the ground, engines shut off.

as it Stands now from what i am aware 
We have 1 base model for the helo 
and all weapons guns benches fuel-tanks ect

are proxy's so you can turn them off on ect for variants EG the MH-6M is the OH-6 With benches proxy active 

SO converting this to jet DLC system is possible. 
However keeping base models for quick placement and zeus is something we would like to keep.
also i am not aware of how we could hide weapon racks and replace with benches in jet DLC weapon menu to allow for just one vehicle [mabey a armed and un armed version ]

• Like 2

22 hours ago, heavygunner said:

He is saying the exact opposite.

What I am really confused, he clearly states: It's not good to maintain realism in Arma 3 thus you should pick battlefield if you want realism.

On 8.07.2017 at 1:02 PM, Alex150201 said:

What I am really confused, he clearly states: It's not good to maintain realism in Arma 3 thus you should pick battlefield if you want realism.

Mistake interpretation! I treat Arma 3 like real battlefield simulator, I'm not prefer any usefull switches which change with one push-on MH-6M to AH-6M. I hope now it's clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacd said:

Mistake interpretation! I treat Arma 3 like real battlefield simulator, I'm not prefer any usefull switches which change with one push-on MH-6M to AH-6M. I hope now it's clear.

Yep it's all clear now thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jnr4817 said:

Are we still going to get DLS for the MELB?

Yes. It's being worked on by sykoCrazy.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:46 PM, Sniperwolf572 said:

- Is there anyway to get control of the flir camera as the pilot?
if not is there anyway I can get control of the zoom levels AND is there anyway I can tell the gunner to look where i am point my crosshairs OR better yet make the ai gunner follow my crosshair all the time?

This would be very useful for SP-players.Also,we will need a FFV-position for the pilot,so he can throw the Ir-strobe,flare and what not.

7 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

Yes. It's being worked on by sykoCrazy.

I sure hope this is gospel :)

Guys excuse me asking so bluntly, i have checked in here from time to time, but i am not really clear about what is planned for this module at this point in time. So a while back the MELB was included into the RHS bundle. The standalone version seems to have been updated last time in 2015. Are you guys (diesel and sykocrazy) working with the RHS guys, or part of that team? If someone in the know could give me an update on what is coming and who is doing what on the standalone MELB it'll be much appreciated.  

Is the Laser locking broken? Tried using multiple types of Hellfire and DAGR, with a copilot targeting laser, and haven't been able to get missiles tracking. Procedure using ACE was:

* Copilot lase target

* Pilot selects DAGR or Hellfire

* Pilot presses "T" and gets open box reticle on target. (Doesn't look "locked" but all I've been able to get. Also doesn't seem to track lase.)

* Pilot launches, rocket does not track.

So is this broken or are we doing it wrong?

The laser has been broken for quite some time. If i recall correctly, i got it to lock and track targets a couple of times, but nothing i could reproduce or know why and how. So, it seems to be broken in vanilla as well as with ace. Been really quite around the stand alone, so i wouldn't hold my breath for the time being. Hope this will be fixed some day, cause it is an awesome addon.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:15 AM, xon2 said:

I sure hope this is gospel :)

Guys excuse me asking so bluntly, i have checked in here from time to time, but i am not really clear about what is planned for this module at this point in time. So a while back the MELB was included into the RHS bundle. The standalone version seems to have been updated last time in 2015. Are you guys (diesel and sykocrazy) working with the RHS guys, or part of that team? If someone in the know could give me an update on what is coming and who is doing what on the standalone MELB it'll be much appreciated.  

SykoCrazy has volunteered to assist with the RHS team. As far as I am aware Diesel has taken a step away from the community for the time being due to real life commitments. 
The MELB is always being worked on, and is in a constant state of improvement. That being said, the Standalone release has and will continue to be supported and updated in addition to the one included with RHS.

When a version meets the original creators level of approval it is beta tested, if bugs are found, the version is worked on further. This is the cycle that the modification is currently in, and has been in for some time, as the current release version is suitable for a wide variety of purposes. With the current functionality in mind, a new version has not been released as it is being updated to meet new DLC standards, include creator goals for the next version, and ensuring that the modification is stable. 

The next version will be released, and is still being worked on. That being said, the next version cannot be rushed or released early until the creators and the testing team feel that it is up to their (very high) quality standards. It will be released prior to Half Life 2: Episode 3.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:26 PM, Mifune.N said:

Is the Laser locking broken? Tried using multiple types of Hellfire and DAGR, with a copilot targeting laser, and haven't been able to get missiles tracking. Procedure using ACE was:

* Copilot lase target

* Pilot selects DAGR or Hellfire

* Pilot presses "T" and gets open box reticle on target. (Doesn't look "locked" but all I've been able to get. Also doesn't seem to track lase.)

* Pilot launches, rocket does not track.

So is this broken or are we doing it wrong?

On 11/15/2017 at 3:12 AM, xon2 said:

The laser has been broken for quite some time. If i recall correctly, i got it to lock and track targets a couple of times, but nothing i could reproduce or know why and how. So, it seems to be broken in vanilla as well as with ace. Been really quite around the stand alone, so i wouldn't hold my breath for the time being. Hope this will be fixed some day, cause it is an awesome addon.

Lasers have been broken in the Vanilla game for some time, a couple years if I am not mistaken. When BI fixes their issues, the MELB will get fixed as well.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:08 AM, john1 said:

This would be very useful for SP-players.Also,we will need a FFV-position for the pilot,so he can throw the Ir-strobe,flare and what not.

This is unlikely as FFV is only really able to be used by passengers. At best there MIGHT be an option to drop smoke grenades as an addaction to the scroll wheel, but that is not confirmed and is not being worked on by any member of the team as far as I am aware.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello Guys, maybe this question i a little bit weird but is it possible to use the view of the Camera as a livefeed on a ingame Screen in the quality of the one the pilot sees, for something like a command center?

• Like 1

Yup, just camcreate and set target on the appropriate mempoints. A more sophisticated script will take FOV and Cam mode into account. 

On 1.4.2018 at 5:30 PM, Crielaard said:

Yup, just camcreate and set target on the appropriate mempoints. A more sophisticated script will take FOV and Cam mode into account. 

Thanks for your answer.

could you give me an example ? Im a real noob when it comes to scripting

Hi everyone! Update's out on the SW if anyone's still subscribed to that! If not, click here

Note: Due to the addition of the loadout system, we've removed the preset Light, Medium and Heavy AH-6 classes from the editor. So now there's only 1 main AH-6M class to pick from. You can then choose a loadout by either using the dynamic loadout presets(make sure to select whether a gun/rocket is operated by pilot or copilot) or coming up with your own combination. For now the previously used classes are just hidden to avoid breaking any missions that still use them. In a future update we will be remo

+ Added
- Removed
@ Fixed
^ Improved

+ Dynamic Loadout system(please provide feedback either here or on the BI forums about ideas for a better UI Layout for that thing)
+ Ability to have more than 1 type of rocket warhead in the rocket pods(This makes the UI clunky, so let me know if this is at all worth the clunkiness)
+ Flechette Hydra warhead(let me know if this sucks the performance out of servers)
+ Illuminating flare Hydra warhead
+ MPSM Hydra warhead
+ Recoil for Miniguns and GAU19
+ Hydra rocket dispersion
+ Radar altimeter digital readout
+ Radar warning receiver
+ Editor preview images
+ Fire extinguisher
+ Wreck model
+ Tail number selection in attributes menu
+ Nose art is now selectable in the attributes menu
+ Interior/maint rotor/ammo box textures

- Bobblehead from the action menu(You can add it via attributes menu)
- "EXPERIMENTAL" decal.

@ DAGRs and Hellfires should be working again(yay?)
@ Countermeasures also work

^ Optimized textures and models
^ Crosshair on the attack bird is now "better"
^ Flight model

• Like 14

TIP:

we've left all our previous classes in in unsung mod - as dynamically spawned AI units can then have preset variable loadouts too

someone missed this important mission designers functionality when designing the weapon makeover