Sign in to follow this  
germanske_norge

Weapon Damage too low?

Is it just me or does weapon damage seem WAY too low for any 5.56,5.45, and 6.5mm weapons? Often the enemy players will take 4-5 shots from these calibers before they are finally downed, is there any way to change this? If not are there any mods that allow for the control of damage from weapons?

dont give the enemies body armor, it's that simple

The other thing to keep in mind is that if your bullets land on their weapons it might seem that they are bullet proof especially can happen when you are taking them head on since there is a greater chance of collision.

Yes, take off the armor. There is no way to change the weapon level and how much damage it does. Now with AI, you can set them to general and fully skilled. That will kill them faster, but also note that bullets land on their weapons it might seem that they are bullet proof especially can happen when you are taking them head on since there is a greater chance of collision.

Yes, take off the armor. There is no way to change the weapon level and how much damage it does

There is, with mods, but it would be rather pointless... Some people for some reason can't wrap their heads around the fact that body armor... protects from bullets, to a certain degree at least. And that this does not only apply to the good guys, but also to the bad guys if equal enemies fight against each other.

I honestly would just play it with the armor on, yeah it takes forever to kill someone, but that's the whole point of armor and it's challenging. But if you prefer to play it where they are a little easier to kill, then go for it. I only take it off enemies when it's for like animations or something.

The major problem is that AI doesn't seem to suffer any penalty from being hit. Usually a rifle round (5.56 and up) have enough force to shock the person shot, even thouhg the bullet is stopped and depending on the distance one can receive shock/pain/trauma from the impact. I think that usually soldiers fall to the ground not because of the blunt force of the impact but because of the immediate shock and trauma it causes. If a soldier falls to the ground from being hit it can take a couple of seconds to recover/get up and during this moment his vulnerability might be an advantage for the enemy.

In Arma AI just flinches, (i haven't played in a while and i don't know if anything has been done in the mean time) and consequently shoots you in the head.

In Arma AI just flinches, (i haven't played in a while and i don't know if anything has been done in the mean time) and consequently shoots you in the head.

That's a myth, because if its not operator skilled AI then it will have terrible aiming after beeing hit

Usually a rifle round (5.56 and up) have enough force to shock the person shot, even thouhg the bullet is stopped and depending on the distance one can receive shock/pain/trauma from the impact. I think that usually soldiers fall to the ground not because of the blunt force of the impact but because of the immediate shock and trauma it causes.

Edited by Fennek

I agree that enemies do take a lot of hits, but as X3KJ said the system is balanced for both players and AI, including damage penalties.

When you consider the adrenaline effect along with the advanced body armour its actually not that unrealistic.

That said, I have recently taken to using a .338 LMG, because that solved the problem for me....:p

That's a myth, because if its not operator skilled AI then it will have terrible aiming after beeing hit

Then consecutive hit shouldn't deal damage on such heavy vest.

But most body armour, even in future, probably won't be able to be so efficient at protecting you, and definitely you wouldn't be able to cover your whole body and back with that. Basically you will need to act like walking tank - try to face enemy with your best armour, not vulnerable flanks.

I agree that enemies do take a lot of hits, but as X3KJ said the system is balanced for both players and AI, including damage penalties.

When you consider the adrenaline effect along with the advanced body armour its actually not that unrealistic.

That said, I have recently taken to using a .338 LMG, because that solved the problem for me....:p

I wouldn't call an AI merely flinching before returning accurate fire after being hit by a .50 "not that unrealistic."

I wouldn't call an AI merely flinching before returning accurate fire after being hit by a .50 "not that unrealistic."

And I would have to ask for video there, because using the M2 off of the back of the offroad I can take down 4-5 enemy squad members (side doesn't matter) before they have a chance to react using 5-10 round bursts at 300 meters typically only 1-2 of them hitting. Then as the rest of the squad puts up a fight, it makes it easy to hit and suppress them. This engagement took about 30 seconds total.

Edited by devilslayersbane
took out the double