Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

1.85 resistance patch discussion

So what's the size of this patch? 20-30Mb? Maybe more? Maybe less?

-=Die Alive=-

Maruk, can You tell me what about a VTOL class ?. Are BIS is working with somethink like this ?

I would like to thank all the people at BIS for the hard work on the patch. Glad you guys are helping keep this game community going.

My only question which i didn't see asked by anyone is,

"how soon do we get to take it for a test drive?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikelw @ Oct. 09 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My only question which i didn't see asked by anyone is,

"how soon do we get to take it for a test drive?"<span id='postcolor'>

The answer would most likely be: You can take it for a test drive "when it's done". That's why no-one asks...

tounge.gif

Excuse me why in the 1.85 patch is no features from 1.60 TEST ?

Could we get an answer to this in this thread?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- Fixed: MP: Remote grenades and bullet tracers are now visible.

- Fixed: MP: Missile direction was not transfered to other clients.

- Fixed: MP: Fired flares were not transfered to other clients.

<span id='postcolor'>

Will this affect camCreated missiles/bombs/other in MP sessions?

Thanks smile.gif

Will the pistol ammo loadouts change? There seem to be other changes to the pistols, so I hope that giving them real ammo counts has been aranged.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Oct. 09 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? ? ? ? ?

Which feature are you talking about?<span id='postcolor'>

Landing on ships and few good features. I'm not remember all but landing on chips is very important for our new big chip makers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Oct. 09 2002,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Oct. 09 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? ? ? ? ?

Landing on ships and few good features. I'm not remember all but landing on chips is very important for our new big chip makers.<span id='postcolor'>

1.75 allrdy had this. Im sure they wont delete it for 1,85 smile.gif

I have never landed on a 'chip' before. I imagine this would be kinda tricky, if not impossible without destroying the fragile piece. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Oct. 09 2002,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Oct. 09 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">? ? ? ? ?

Landing on ships and few good features. I'm not remember all but landing on chips is very important for our new big chip makers.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean fixing some surfaces so that one can walk on it? But it is already the case in 1.75. And 1.85 is meant to patch 1.75 (Resistance).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Oct. 09 2002,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maruk, can You tell me what about a VTOL class ?. Are BIS is working with somethink like this ?<span id='postcolor'>

VTOL class is already in the game or you would not be able 2 fly helicopters tounge.gif

VTOL class isn't in OFP now. There's no scripts for make this.

Hi, I gots question.

I don't have resistence yet cause I heard it was buggy.

And my cousin lost my OPF CD. So I was planning to buy the GOTY edition.

This patch sounds good like alot of the things people have been complaining about are gonna be fixed.

When I buy the GOTY edition, will the resistence already be updated to the new 1.85 patch cominig out?? I mean right outta the box without having to update from the net??

I would like that since I HATE downloading stuff from the net.

Thanx!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Oct. 08 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there going to be any other dialog scripting features besides the slider? Like checkboxes and the like?  smile.gif

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Can we get an answer to this thread too please? Surely you must know. smile.gif

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Oct. 09 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I buy the GOTY edition, will the resistence already be updated to the new 1.85 patch cominig out??  I mean right outta the box without having to update from the net??<span id='postcolor'>

Yes smile.gif

Hehe. I love these news threads. They've locked the features and people _always_ talk about what's not in there.

Yeah, we wanna know more.

Heck, we want the patch, we want it now, and we want it to work 100% of the time with no bugs! So where is it?

seriously:

VTOL -- uhh... the flight simulation physics here aren't exactly cutting-edge to begin with. The goal appears to have been believability and simplicity rather than high-fidelity. Now we want a class for all those fixed-wing VTOL birds out there in 1985.

If velocity and setvelocity work as they should (return a vector, not a simple number, cf. the "speed" function), then you should be able to write a script to simulate some of VTOL effects you're looking for.

The big if is how setvelocity works. If it just allows us to change the velocity along the current vector, then it's nice, but not revolutionary. If it allows us to specify direction, elevation and velocity, then all kinds of things are possible.

The same for event handling. Take OnIncomingMissile or whatever it is; If we can specify event handling from an addon config.cpp and have it launch a script, and pass to it the unit fired at and the unit name of the missile, then we can do all kinds of cool things (phalanx anyone?). If on the other hand, it's script based, and doesn't pass any information to the script, big deal.

so while I'm interested, I'm not selling the farm yet.

Making the VTOL script is inpossible. I'm not so stupid wink.gif .

@TySiEK

I don't think that scripting VTOL is impossible. If you're a skilled scripter you can even make a VTOL script with the current commands.

@dinger

It wouldn't make sense introducing a scripting command velocity while there is already speed. In this case BIS would have implemented setSpeed and not setVelocity. I always thought that with velocity the vector is meant and speed is its amount.

So why nobody have done some script for simulate VTOL ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Oct. 09 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why nobody have done some script for simulate VTOL ?<span id='postcolor'>

Because nobody has done it, it doesn't mean it is impossible!

But it will be easier to create a VTOL script with the new velocity/setVelocity-commands.

Yes but it's only speed change, not simulation change. I need to change simulation="airplane" to simulation="helicopter" and reverse. And i have checked some like a change simulation in sqs and it's not working.

@bigpoppa

exactly, that's what I was thinking. we already have speed, so maybe this will be something cooler.

@Tysiek:

yeah, you can't change simulations. No, I haven't seen a way to introduce new ones. Yes, it would be easier if you could set pitch and roll. That still doesn't mean you can't read the change in velocity, figure out what the control inputs are, and change the vectors. Yeah, it would be ugly, but it would work.