Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

1.85 resistance patch discussion

Just showing my appreciation for the people at BIS for keep putting time, work and money into this amazing game! You're doing truly great work!!!

-Improved: Editor: Vehicle classes (Armored, Car, ...) are now fully dynamic. Any addon maker can now introduce his own classes.

Does this mean we can mix classes to make our own?

example mix the plane and boat classes to make a float plane?

or a car and armour to make a TOW hmv?

Thanks,

Capt Moore

I think you can make your own class, like frogs or something.

This would be good if every addon was put into a seperate folder from the official units. Then there'd be no confusion.

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Oct. 08 2002,11:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Improved: Editor: Vehicle classes (Armored, Car, ...) are now fully dynamic. Any addon maker can now introduce his own classes.

Does this mean we can mix classes to make our own?

example mix the plane and boat classes to make a float plane?

or a car and armour to make a TOW hmv?

Thanks,

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

no. I think it means you could make new subgroupings in addition to "car", "armor", "air", "men"

- Fixed: Tanks no longer slide aside when standing on the hills.

- Fixed: Tanks jumping after getting in, especially on the hill.

- Fixed: Tank braking singnificantly faster.

This is a thing many people looked forward to, great these issues have been finally adressed.

Does the fix also extend to Tanks driving down slopes under playercontrol, as in some instances it is impossible to slow the vehicle down, even if not touching the gas and stepping on the brakes the whole time down, has this also been adressed, so you can stop finally at reasonable distance even on the steepest slopes?

Some missions taking part on mountainous terrain are almost unplayble because of "unstoppable" tanks, that somehow tend to end up jumping down a cliff into the water, or into a forest when "rolling" down slopes.

Tracked vehicles such as MBT´s can produce a stopping distance that is almost instant from top speed on appropriate terrain when using Emergency brakes, resulting almost in a headstand. It´s only used in extreme situations, as it´s likely to result in injuries to the crew and eventually damage to the vehicle- imagine your body beeing abruptly brought from 40-70 km/h to 0 Km/h within only a few meters.

Wonder if it would be possible to implement 2 hotkeys for the brake, one for normal braking when stepping fully into the regular brake within "safe" parameters (say 35m braking distance from full speed ~ 70 Km/h) and an Emergency brake (Tank Halt!wink.gif that causes virtually an immediate stop and some short skidding dependend on the underground, the rear part going airborne the nose downward. In general inertia and translational kinetic energy would be a great feature for tracked vehicles driving characteristics, resulting in nodding up/down while the hydraulic bumpers, shock absorbers, torsion bars / springs are working when accelerating, braking, driving above rough terrain or shooting ...possible?

I hope they fix Police bug. Now all east units threat police as civilian. Single police officer can destroy all squad. East just don’t return fire.

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Oct. 08 2002,16wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and if you would release such a patch, it would be really great to have three more east units added to the game: Ural without cover, UAZ with PK and a Mi-17 without rockets but a PK instead. Creating these units would really not be that hard, as most is based on existing models. The added variety would be ten times worth the effort of creating these units. Furthermore East and West would be a tad more balanced in terms of choice. Even though a bike will be a funny unit, guaranteed, the three East units would have been REALLY useful at least. Let me add a "very urgent" to this in the hopes to get noticed. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Something I've been waiting from the start. But some small things like missing equipment pictures/info (MineE, Strela, SmokeShells red&green) would be nice also (though it's very easy to fix these things by user himself).

New units

---------

* West / pilot with hand gun: Standard pilot with new Smith and Wesson revolver.

Will he also carry 6 hand grenades or will he have maybe one or two color smoke grenades?  It be cool if 2 smoke grenades were standard equipment for a pilot, just like it is for Officers.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FlagFightHandGuns.Noe: Very fast and deadly mission. Deathmatch with flag on a very small area. Hand guns only.<span id='postcolor'>

Yahoo. A real duel! I hope it is like paintball. Fast and deadly smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Added: Radio commands India & Juliet<span id='postcolor'>

What are radio commands India and Juliet???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fixed: Better usage of already transferred multiplayer missions (cache added)<span id='postcolor'>

Does this mean, the mp missions I have already downloaded are stored and used again instead of downloading every time?

Anyway, good job BIS biggrin.gif

Suma,

Thanks for the update that not all fixes and additions were listed in your post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheBrain @ Oct. 08 2002,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Added: Radio commands India & Juliet<span id='postcolor'>

What are radio commands India and Juliet???<span id='postcolor'>

You know how you can do "Radio Alpha"?

It's like that, except with India and Juliet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Tank Halt! that causes virtually an immediate stop and some short skidding dependend on the underground, the rear part going airborne the nose downward. In general inertia and translational kinetic energy would be a great feature for tracked vehicles driving characteristics, resulting in nodding up/down while the hydraulic bumpers, shock absorbers, torsion bars / springs are working when accelerating, braking, driving above rough terrain or shooting ...possible?

<span id='postcolor'>

Satchel are you thinking about BF1942? I dunno if tanks respond in this manner in real life!.

YELLOW BOX = THE DEVIL

Ok, I can see this evil yellow box is important to a lot of people.

I was under the impression that this yellow box was part of the setting:

diffAutoSpot[]={1,0};

Now on Gameplanet I have this set to {0,0} and I was under the impression that this turned off autotargeting totally?

Are you guys saying that you still get the yellow box even then?

I have not seen it on GP since I turned it off...

I really haven't seen this thing used ever on the servers Ive played on- I even went as far as to try doing it myself, but it didn't work. Maybe I'm just too dumb to cheat smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 09 2002,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really haven't seen this thing used ever on the servers Ive played on- I even went as far as to try doing it myself, but it didn't work. Maybe I'm just too dumb to cheat  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep tex i agree biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Radio commands India & Juliet<span id='postcolor'>

Oh kool. I never really used all of the radio commands but I was always afraid I would run out somehow.

Thanks for the hard work BIS. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Oct. 09 2002,12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Multiple respawn support that was listed will be great as well smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

u could do that already tho, i used spawn inm captured areas by moving the player there right after they spawned, will be interesting to see how this new feature works tho.

Be good if it allowed selectable spawn points, I know this can be done already but it be good if there was a easier way to do it so maybe with multiple spawn points it can be done. I was hoping for a system like that of BF1942 were u can select were to spawn (one thing the game is pretty good at)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PRiME @ Oct. 09 2002,16:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Be good if it allowed selectable spawn points, I know this can be done already but it be good if there was a easier way to do it so maybe with multiple spawn points it can be done. I was hoping for a system like that of BF1942 were u can select were to spawn (one thing the game is pretty good at)<span id='postcolor'>

should be possible can even have a nice pretty interface to, thats y ofp beats bf u can make any game type u like really jus lacks JIp biggrin.gif couldnt help.

HT, I would like u to forget JIP, so would the rest of us. Please give it a rest.

Mods, please ban that mofo if he mentions JIP again.

All this fuss over a little yellow box...?

On the rare occasions I play adversarial, and I am in command, I always issue targetting commands to the other players...never considered it "cheating".

What about command view, is that considered cheating in MP as well?

Also, I know it's probably too late for this patch, but have BIS considered adding a "follow mode" similar to the one created by Kegetys, instead of the old seagull recon teams we have now?

That is something I have noticed over this last year, BIS seem to avoid adding some new stuff already made by someone. e.g Keg's follow script, any of the cool new weapons that have been made so far. Vehicles etc.

I'd like to see BIS release some more armored units, and I'd like to see them set the standard for quality also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Oct. 09 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HT, I would like u to forget JIP, so would the rest of us. Please give it a rest.

Mods, please ban that mofo if he mentions JIP again.<span id='postcolor'>

it can be reworded! biggrin.gif