noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

Assuming you want a new backpack-class which is also a radio:

No, it is not. And why would you do that in the first place?

As we're breaking with the old backpack == radio design, there is no need for tons of different backpacks just for a new camo texture. As long as the radio fits in, every backpack can be used. Vanilla, 3rd Party, doesn't matter.

What you can do, of course, is: Create a model with an antenna. But you still need to put radio in it.

Antenna's are coming, don't worry :)

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 ----------

Does that include something like one person carrying the radio mast/pole setup (kinda like a mortar bag) and another carrying the radio equipment? Then, when the radio antenna tower/pole is setup you 'attach' the radio to the tower and it works like that? Or would it be a separate object you carry as an all-in-one piece and then once it is placed you configure it through a menu?

As we strictly commited ourselfes to a component based design, it is most likely there will be single components as different objects (no magic-backpacks) which need to be assembled.

I would like to alter the frequencies of specific channels. I would very much appreciate any help on that matter.

The command you're looking for is: acre_api_fnc_setPresetChannelData

In order to use that you need to alter the PresetData Hash, which is requested by: acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelData

The work-flow is as follows:

1. Get the PresetData Hash
  2. Alter the frequencies in that hash (first two parameters)
  3. Reassign the Data

But be extra careful. All Clients+Server need to receive the new data. Otherwise ACRE might be broken on ALL clients after that.

It happens mid-mission usually when a unit is trying to communicate at around the edge of the 343s broadcast range, and with some terrain occlusion in the mix. For a more exact area it was near Agios Andreas, the mountain at the north eastern tip of Altis. I was moving up the mountain itself and the person that I believe was broadcasting was near the base of it. It's happened in other circumstances too but it's always at the edge of 343 broadcast range.

I'll add it to the track but I'm not 100% sure I can give proper repro steps other than what I've posted.

Thx for information. I'll have a look into it.

The command you're looking for is: acre_api_fnc_setPresetChannelData

In order to use that you need to alter the PresetData Hash, which is requested by: acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelData

The work-flow is as follows:

1. Get the PresetData Hash
  2. Alter the frequencies in that hash (first two parameters)
  3. Reassign the Data

But be extra careful. All Clients+Server need to receive the new data. Otherwise ACRE might be broken on ALL clients after that.

Thanks for the reply. I will try it asap!

I have seem to come across a *bug*. Both "acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelData" and "acre_api_fnc_setPresetChannelData* seem to start the channel count at 0, meaning that variable "channel_number" wil give you channel number 1 by introducing "channel_number = 0". On the other hand "acre_api_fnc_setPresetChannelField" will give you channel number 1 by introducing "channel_number = 1".

Besides that, I have been able to successfully apply both transmitting and receiving frequencies as well as the channel name by using the combination "acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelData" and "acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelData" so thank you very much for your suggestion :)

To correct my statement from earlier.

It is much easier with the "acre_api_fnc_setPresetChannelField" and "acre_api_fnc_getPresetChannelField" functions. And they are both 1-N based (so channel 1 is channel 1).

I have a more general question which is kinda game breaking. Is ACRE2 running on arma3 linux dedicated server? I try to start the server but one thread gets stuck at 100% cpu time and its not continuing loading anything.

Numerous communities use ACRE2 on a Linux server. Test with only vanilla+CBA+ACRE2 and then troubleshoot which of your mods is breaking your server.

Alright thats the answer I wanted. Now with that "small" mod collection that will be a lot of fun.

Thank you

Is there ever going to be built in radios into aircraft? You cant carry a LR and Parachute. Best communications mod out there.

for some reason i cant sem to hear any roger beeps for some reason cant seem to figure out why

Same here, and I cant fix it. The allowedLoadFileExtensions "fix" done nothing. Same as before the change.

Possible fix for dedicated servers:

> Whitelist "ini" and "b64" in allowedLoadFileExtensions (server config)

example: allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"ini","b64", ........... };

I do have that in server.cfg but adding ini and b64 does not help - no change. Radio works but no beeps squelch nothing.

Same here, and I cant fix it. The allowedLoadFileExtensions "fix" done nothing. Same as before the change.

I do have that in server.cfg but adding ini and b64 does not help - no change. Radio works but no beeps squelch nothing.

I and a few members from my group had this problem.. this is how we solved it

I launched teamspeak, and then launch the game.. Make sure teamspeak has the plugin loaded!

I then went into the Multiplayer menu.

I then hosted a mission by clicking the "NEW" button

I set the params, selected a mission and entered it..

Once the mission loads you should hit caps and hear the radio sounds.

Will there ever be an API released so those of us who use Mumble can write an extension for Mumble to tie into ACRE2?

Will there ever be an API released so those of us who use Mumble can write an extension for Mumble to tie into ACRE2?

Most likely no. In fact as time goes on we are going to be focusing more and more on integration with our VON server/client.

Having some issues and have run google dry trying to find the solution.

Issue:

ACRE2 is not connecting to teamspeak. There is no pop up in game saying so, it is simply in teamspeak it says

Version: 2.1.0.811

Arma Connected : No

I have full access to all radios etc. Can hit caps lock and see the gui.

even when in game with all required mods running.

Trouble Shooting:

Launch TS and ARMA as admin

Launch both as not admin (why not)

Clean install of both ACRE and TS

Run game with just ACRE and CBA

Reload ACRE Plugin while Arma running

Launch TS after Arma

Launch TS before Arma

Use 32 instead of 64 Plugin

Place both Plugins in folder

Any suggestions would be much much appreciated.

I am running Window 8.1 and Teamspeak 3.0.16[stable]

So when will we be able to mount radios into vehicles, or have all vehicles come with a long range radio pre-installed?

I now there is a problem: When I speak through the radio, hear my teammates are fast opening and closing of radio sound, I checked the key settings (no conflicts) to restart the game, restart teamspeak 3, replace the keyboard, reinstall ACRE 2, still not resolved.

I now there is a problem: When I speak through the radio, hear my teammates are fast opening and closing of radio sound, I checked the key settings (no conflicts) to restart the game, restart teamspeak 3, replace the keyboard, reinstall ACRE 2, still not resolved.

I believe you can fix it by going into TS3 Options -> Capture -> Advanced Options and disable 'Delay releasing Push-to-talk' & 'Voice Activation Detection while using Push-To-Talk'...disabling both of those fixed it for me.

God! Very grateful to finally solve this problem!

No problem, good to know it worked.

Will there ever be an option to bring back classic beeping sounds when transmitting and stopping the radios?

These sounds are just audio files, they can be changed (manually) to whatever you like.

Hey everyone in the ACRE2-crew. Loving lots of the features of your mod, and I have a question for you.

Can you indeed confirm that your mod has been tested with 120 players continuously? I read in the wiki that this was the case, and UO has been using the mod in their games. Unfortunately many of the members of my group (ArmaFinland) are of the opinion that UO has not had such a high player peak in a long time. Have the latest versions indeed been tested with high player numbers?

On Gametracker i see a peak of 60 players within the last 30 days.

Our group is currently internally discussing switching to ACRE2. A lot of concern has been raised over the high player-count performance of ACRE2, since it seems to be more script heavy than TFR (More accurate simulation). It is hard to test the mod with high playercount ourselves, since it's summer here in Finland and people don't tend to waste the short amount of sun we get here playing videogames :D

Thanks for the awesome mod everyone, and have a nice day/evening/whatever it is when you're reading this.

These sounds are just audio files, they can be changed (manually) to whatever you like.

Do you know the location of those files?