Hey lynx450,

Sorry for the slow response, We're still working on the L129A1, adding finishing touches & coordinating it with the rest of our packs.

In the meantime, have another teaser...

o5K3tfg.png

• Like 11

I have 3 questions :

- are you thinking to make a SA80 tan version: SA80 with only tan DD RAS and SA80 in all tan paint ?

- are you thinking to change the reload animation of SA80 family ? The SA80 reload animation from CUP mod is just gorgeous, can be good to make like it or maybe ask to CUP if they can give it to you.

- belt ammo split is a wondeful option, but you should go further. With a 5.56 ammo belt we should make 5.56 magazines. It can be good to make as well "5.56 supply" you carrying in backpack, and with ACE interaction and repacking animation we're filling 5.56 magazines.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kgb613 said:

I have 3 questions :

- are you thinking to make a SA80 tan version: SA80 with only tan DD RAS and SA80 in all tan paint ?

- are you thinking to change the reload animation of SA80 family ? The SA80 reload animation from CUP mod is just gorgeous, can be good to make like it or maybe ask to CUP if they can give it to you.

- belt ammo split is a wondeful option, but you should go further. With a 5.56 ammo belt we should make 5.56 magazines. It can be good to make as well "5.56 supply" you carrying in backpack, and with ACE interaction and repacking animation we're filling 5.56 magazines.

+1 for the first two points. 

Spraying the weapons tan is pretty much standard and it's pretty good looking, and it would go well with the RKSL tan LDS.

CUP's animation is nearly perfect, just instead of pulling back the charging handle the character should ease springs pushing the bolt release  (left side, just above the selector switch) before doing the forward assist. 

IDK how further breaking down the belt split system would be good though, it's alot of extra work for a seldom seen feature, and you can't just magically create a magazine out of linked ammo anyways, since arma gets rid of your empties.

P.S. CUP's SA80 series also have a correct fire selector mechanism, when the safety is put on with ACE it doesn't move, so repetition is always repetition and automatic is always automatic.

• Like 1

I agree regarding the CUP reload. It is lovely and we would love to implement something similar. If we could use it, or someone out there wanted to recreate it, then we'd be willing to talk to anyone about it. Our current focus within the team at the moment is the new L129a1 model - which through an attachment system will remove the need for multiple variants in the arsenal - a new L7 to replace the old arma 2 model, and of course the Scimitar tank. On top of that, we have some bug issues to fix (most are done) and to implement all of the new Jet DLC features into our aircraft. Working on the L85s is something we aim to do in the future as we would like to replace the old models with arma 3 quality ones.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, charlie1210 said:

Spraying the weapons tan is pretty much standard and it's pretty good looking, and it would go well with the RKSL tan LDS.

Actually thats a Rifles thing (Primarily, there are others who do it), most units keep their SA80's the normal matte black

I think it would be nice but frankly there are already so many SA80 options that its bordering on Arsenal gore as it is (See RHS AK's)

P.s RHS AK's are great, but everytime I go into the arsenal I spend about 5 mins scrolling through all of them

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Actually thats a Rifles thing (Primarily, there are others who do it), most units keep their SA80's the normal matte black

I think it would be nice but frankly there are already so many SA80 options that its bordering on Arsenal gore as it is (See RHS AK's)

P.s RHS AK's are great, but everytime I go into the arsenal I spend about 5 mins scrolling through all of them

Seems to be standard issue across the board for deploying troops, I get snaps from friends in different regiments across the board (mostly infantry, some RAC), most of whom have tan SA80's.

I wish it were possible to choose a weapon paint like is done with vehicles. Then the whole eleventy-six different weapons variant would be moot. 

7 hours ago, evrik said:

I agree regarding the CUP reload. It is lovely and we would love to implement something similar. If we could use it, or someone out there wanted to recreate it, then we'd be willing to talk to anyone about it. Our current focus within the team at the moment is the new L129a1 model - which through an attachment system will remove the need for multiple variants in the arsenal - a new L7 to replace the old arma 2 model, and of course the Scimitar tank. On top of that, we have some bug issues to fix (most are done) and to implement all of the new Jet DLC features into our aircraft. Working on the L85s is something we aim to do in the future as we would like to replace the old models with arma 3 quality ones.

Completely understand the workload. Can't wait to see all the gucci new stuff in store, it will be awesome! keep up the good work, and maybe someday we can get a proper reload (BF2: PR probably being the best example)!

@evrik didnt you guys have a cooperation with toadie2k regarding the SAW´s? i bring that up because if i remember correctly the reload animation for the L85 in the CUP back were done by him.

Toadie did generously provide the M249 SAW model that we modified into the L110 (it has a NATO iron sight etc...).  However, the reload animation for the CUP L85 was done in house as far as I aware. I don't think Toadie created it. However if I am wrong, and Toadie, or someone from CUP knows more, then I am happy to be corrected.

• Like 1

additional note: could you guys may lower the L110´s a bit? they sit a bit high up in the shoulder. maybe more like the RHS ones

Yours:

20170625082427_1dvsbj.jpg

RHS:

20170625082340_1zqsuz.jpg

• Like 2

@gunny24 I've added that to our backlog, thanks

• Like 1

Hello

Thanks a lot for your work on the british mods.

If I am shooting "UK3CB_BAF_Smoke_81mm_AMOS" shells with the L16 mortar, the other players in a MP game on a dedicated server are not able to see the smoke, they only see the impacts of the smokeshells -- looks like closed to a HE-shell-impact. Only the L16 gunner can see the smoke.

We did the test with the following modset:

ArmA III -- Version 1.72 142164

CBA -- Version 3.3.1.170504
ACE 3 -- Version 3.10.1
3CB_BAF_WEAPONS -- Version 2.1.0
RHSAFRF -- Version 0.4.2.2
RHSUSAF -- Version 0.4.2.2

We did the first test with "ace_particles.pbo" (ace_particles.pbo.ace_3.10.1.21-7b91629f.bisign) enabled and the second test without the "ace_particles.pbo". It doesn't matter, if "ace_particles.pbo" is enabled or not. I also copied the "uk3cb_baf_weapons_ace.pbo" (uk3cb_baf_weapons_ace.pbo.UK3CB_BAF_Weapon_2_1_0.bisign) from the @3cb_baf_weapons\optional\Addons directory into the @3cb_baf_weapons\Addons and started the dedicated server and all clients with this settings.

Can anybody confirm this issue or I am missing anything? Is it perhaps a client -- server issue?

Thanks

Halifax

@halifax007 We have seen this occasionally in MP, but its seems to have become more frequent, recently.  We're currently investigating it.  

Thanks 

• Like 1

@lifetap, thanks for your answer. please have a look at the pm (my ideas to the L16 mortar)....

• Like 1

@3CB BAF Team: the reload animations for the CUP L85 were actually done by Toadie2k

he replied to me via twitter. if you guys ask nicely it could be possible that he is willing to share :-)

• Like 2

I am positive I already have that animation from Toadie2k. I could be wrong, but I received it some time ago. He generously handed over the work he had done for the L85 after we asked. However, CUP then built upon it to create the animation you see in their pack. I had that confirmed by Deltagamer. It is something we'd love to do, but as we intend to replace the current L85 in the pack at some point with a far better model, it's not something we've looked too far into as we have a ton of other work to be doing. We are a small team compared to CUP and RHS, and our members are flat out at the moment with implementing the Jet DLC updates into our aircraft, rolling out the Scimitar, getting the new L129a1 and L7 models finished, plus squashing bugs caused by the recent game update. That is without mentioning a couple of other projects - plus actually playing the game from time to time! :)

Our mod team is open to anyone that would love to contribute. You don't have to be a member of 3 Commando Brigade to assist. If there are any animators out there looking for a project, by all means get in touch with us. We'd love the assistance in ensuring there are great BAF mods available to the community.

• Like 4

Yep, I am correct. We do already have the animation courtesy of Toadie2k. It is the accompanying sound of the reload that we need to sort out. I knew there was an issue, just couldn't remember what it was. We'd need to source / create something.

Hi! Are you planning on adding some British jets, like the Eurofighter?

Edited by BlueNexus

@BlueNexus there are no plans to at present.  We focus on BAF mods that would be most useful to small scale infantry combat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lifetap said:

@BlueNexus there are no plans to at present.  We focus on BAF mods that would be most useful to small scale infantry combat.

and i´m glad that you do! top notch stuff!

really like the equipment. it just looks believable!

• Like 2

hiya gents

I was having a play around last night with the static weapons and I had a thought. Upon dissembling the static turret (EG L7A2 static), there was a tripod object on the ground. My idea is that you could make the tripod a backpack (similar to the RHS system) and allow players to place the tripod and attach a number of weapons to it. 

Ideally, this would be used by weapons such as the L115A3, Javelin, L7A2, L110A1 and then the 50 cal and GMG. 

What do you think?

5 minutes ago, Flinty said:

hiya gents

I was having a play around last night with the static weapons and I had a thought. Upon dissembling the static turret (EG L7A2 static), there was a tripod object on the ground. My idea is that you could make the tripod a backpack (similar to the RHS system) and allow players to place the tripod and attach a number of weapons to it. 

Ideally, this would be used by weapons such as the L115A3, Javelin, L7A2, L110A1 and then the 50 cal and GMG. 

What do you think?

Pretty sure this is how it already works - except the tripod and weapon are carried in the launcher slot. You can use the tripod with any mountable weapon I believe. See here:

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-weapons/usage-weapons/

• Like 1

Ah, I forgot the 3CB stuff goes in the launcher slot :dozingoff:

I'll give it a go now haha

Had a look, you can't actually add the Javelin or L115A3 or L110A1 to the tripod