SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

48 minutes ago, Martinez.E said:

Yes, because making it accessible to others would be a bad thing right? ffs.

its his mod to do as he pleases fuck off for trying to force him topost it on the workshop. its not your mod to do that.

• Like 2

no one is forcing him to do anything, but if you seriously think about it, posting it to armaholic, Mediafire..its all the same, except steam pushes updates instantly instead of me having to re-download the whole file again. I could understand if there was a legitimate reason behind not uploading to the workshop, but there isn't one.

• Like 1

When you are the author of an original creation, there is of course a legitimate reason for not uploading to the workshop.

It's all related to the small print behind Steam usage related to intellectual property.

Creative people are of course ready to share their work but not always ready to be at risk to loose their rights on it.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2017 at 2:15 AM, Martinez.E said:

I don't see how giving permission for another place to upload is giving up their rights. i'd really like to see this mod on the workshop so i can add it to my units collection to distribute easier.

If your "units" can't figure out how to add a few mods to their game then perhaps you should look elsewhere for "units".  A quick Google search will show about a billion and one tutorials that explain how to do things in a non-steam environment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Steam is making the gaming community STUPID

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Steam is making the gaming community STUPID

I'm not disagreeing its modders choice, at the same time it is not STUPID. It is just ease of use. One button automatically installs, and updates plus configures to servers so you can connect with the mods the server requires. 

2 hours ago, sargken said:

I'm not disagreeing its modders choice, at the same time it is not STUPID. It is just ease of use. One button automatically installs, and updates plus configures to servers so you can connect with the mods the server requires. 

+1

Modder decides where to keep the mod but it is also true that Steamworkshop makes the things smoother and easier.

- Automatic updates

- Delta loads

- Smaller packages

not everybody who plays computer games are from IT society. So comment about stupidity is not fair

• Like 2

Not "STUPID" as in a dumb idea, sorry you misunderstood what I meant.

What I meant is that STEAM has made people think that PC mods are just like XBOX mods, where you click that "install this now" and it just works.  The notion of actually opening Explorer, creating new folders, using WINZIP or WINRAR, etc... all of that is being lost because of the notion that one-click and "next-next-finish" installers is the only thing out there.

Some of my friends just don't get it because they don't do computers at the level I do.  OK fine - I have them use the WithSix installer because REASONS.

- guaranteed the company will not to infringe on copyright claims

- zero chance of rehosted content with impostors claiming content as their own

- works with any file size

- doesn't have "entitled" 12-year olds demanding things from the content makers

Regardless.

I am not against Steam and other "next-next-finish" solutions.  The problem, again IMOO, is that the "XBOX 12 year olds" that have a sense of "this PC mod sucks because I can't one-click install" tends to bring out the type of person that mod people just can't interface with. 

Generally speaking it is this sense of entitlement about someone's content that pisses me off.  Someone gets to enjoy literally years worth of work in man-hours (how many weekends this year did the team spend working on a FREE VIDEO GAME MOD) instead of paying $50 for 5 planes in other plane games. 

Someone gets to do all that without any additional needs other than buying the base game.  When they get all pissy with mod makers that "they deserve to piss all over the hopes and dreams of the mod team because they know better"... well that makes me want to join the other mod makers that have rage quit the game, and leave the pool even more shallow.  At some point the rest of the talent will leave and you'll be stuck with a half-dozen mods and nothing more.

Maybe we should start charging for mods of this caliber... other plane games can do it...

OK RANT OFF... shutting up now :P

(edit to add - apologies about the long email.  too much coffee!)

• Like 6

Flagged. Everyone please do so in respects to the mod creator. If there is anything I hate it is stolen content

Ok, so I FINALLY got around to playing with this mod today.  Since I just recently started messing with A3, I have a lot of mods I'm DLing and toying with.  I have some questions and observations....forgive me if they have been mentioned.

The AC-130's....crewstations 5 and 6 spawn outside on top of the the aircraft and won't get in.  They then die when I run them over after telling them to board lol

TGP...do I have to use that separate add-on or do planes like the A-10C that have one have a certain key to hit to use it?

I get an error as soon as I open the editor: cannot load texture usaf_missilebox\usaf_mk77\icon\mk77_ico.paa

The weapons in the A-10 are very quiet

@SGT Fuller or @Foxone - Has there been a fix for the signature problem with the ldl_ac130.pbo file? I'd like to be able to introduce this mod to my group, but I use signature verification on my server, and get this error:

Wrong signature for file C:\Users\[my username]\Documents\Arma 3 Addons\@USAF\addons\ldl_ac130.pbo

Steps I've taken:

- downloaded the fixed file linked at the very first post of this topic

- placed it in the USAF/addons folder on both the client and server, overwriting the existing one.

Is this something that can be fixed without having to disable signature verification on my server? I know you guys are very protective of your work (understandably so), so i don't want to step on any toes. I did read through quite a few pages of this thread looking to see if there was a solution, but if there's a working one I did not see it.

You better wait a little more before add it to your mod list because a new version of this mod is on it's way with a lot of fixes and changes.

Lol guys need to relax this mod hasn't been updated since 2015.. Can you just  wait some few months(hopefully) before the update is out?

• Like 2

On 30.05.2017 at 9:57 PM, hcpookie said:

What I meant .....................

Too much text you wrote...))) It would be enough to say that modders are creating content first of all for themselves, and it's really great that they are posting their work at least somewhere. Certain persons are thinking that mod creators are working only to please them!))

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Masnooper said:

You better wait a little more before add it to your mod list because a new version of this mod is on it's way with a lot of fixes and changes.

Yeah I think you're right. Tested last night and some of the stuff just isn't quite there for what I wanted. It's pretty damn awesome as is, but I will wait to push to my group until the update. But I'm open to assisting with testing the signatures issue or any other testing they might need help with. 

On 08/06/2017 at 2:37 AM, Drew Coleman said:

@SGT Fuller or @Foxone - Has there been a fix for the signature problem with the ldl_ac130.pbo file? I'd like to be able to introduce this mod to my group, but I use signature verification on my server, and get this error:

Wrong signature for file C:\Users\[my username]\Documents\Arma 3 Addons\@USAF\addons\ldl_ac130.pbo

Steps I've taken:

- downloaded the fixed file linked at the very first post of this topic

- placed it in the USAF/addons folder on both the client and server, overwriting the existing one.

Is this something that can be fixed without having to disable signature verification on my server? I know you guys are very protective of your work (understandably so), so i don't want to step on any toes. I did read through quite a few pages of this thread looking to see if there was a solution, but if there's a working one I did not see it.

I suggest you remove the ldl_ac130 file, it is obsolete, without that pbo you should not have any signature issues.

• Like 1

@Everyone

I apologize for not getting you info or pics of updates and such. I want to let you all know that we are still hard at work with the USAF Mod. Alot of things have been added that you will love. We are closing in on our final stages before we have our mass testing phase and finally a release to the public. Unfortunately I do not have a release date for you, on that note i am hoping it will be in the upcoming weeks if possible. We your USAF mod team are working hard day by day but as you all know we do this in our spare time as we all have lives to live. I for one am getting ready to deploy overseas into the AOR for a undisclosed period of time. Perks of being in the US Army. We all have our own individual things going on. I sincerely ask that you be patient with us. I PROMISE you the wait is worth what we have added. With the release of JETS DLC we are adding in  the hitpoints, radar and other things to take full advantage of this awesome DLC. We are also adding in some avionics of our which probably should have been in when we released the last update but because of the new way things are we can fully take advantage. I will try to get our Foxone to atleast get you some pics maybe Video out there for you as soon as we can get it out. The F35B and F35C are still a real thing. They are done. Just adding in the JETS DLC stuff to them and they are ready to go. Majority of all we really have left is Hitpoint adding and a few minor things.

As stated with the LBL_AC130. We have a new version that will be in use. The one that is currently out is OBSOLETE please if its causing issues do not use it. I understand fully that the mod not being comparable with the new stuff right now is causing alot of issues. 

Lastly i want to address a on going issue and that is STEAM. We at the USAF Mod have already stated more than once that we are planning on releasing this mod on steam for the masses. Loyal members to the USAF mod are dimming all of you out who upload the mod illegally. It is simple as asking for permission if you need it for your Group but if you dont your gonna get a warning from me or one of my team members. I have been in talks with steam about this ongoing abuse and they have agreed with me that they will take actions against your account if i report you or you do not heed to my warning. I apologize that it has gotten to that point but if you do the crime you will pay the fine. I am sick and tired of having to get on and have you remove the mod. IT IS COMING.. i would rather you get the update then uploading a older version and fucking ppl up who think the update is what you posted. Also as a added bonus to my warning. I have 3 very powerful scripters in this mod team. They can and will take your IP and ban you from using this mod. Trust me it will happen..dont be that guy. Thank you all and looking forward to seeing you in the skies.

• Like 29

On 2017-6-11 at 7:20 PM, SGT Fuller said:

-snip-

don't worry we know its worth the wait ;] thank you to you and all the team. lets rejoyce by cracking a cold one with the boys

Edited by R0adki11
no need to quote the whole quote
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-11 at 7:20 PM, SGT Fuller said:

-snip-

Awesome and much appreciated!!

Edited by R0adki11
no need to quote the whole quote
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, MrGalaxy said:

don't worry we know its worth the wait ;] thank you to you and all the team. lets rejoyce by cracking a cold one with the boys

Cracks open a Root Beer with the boys*

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alexander Valentine said:

Thanks for the heads up, DMCA's will filed