Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, anfo said:

Player slots can be filled but when Continue is chosen to start, Arma 3 will crash to the desktop. Once before it crashed my player falls into open sea.

 

Heyho. That sounds like you are hosting the mission in your client. As the download page states, client hosting is not supported. You can start a dedicated server on your computer in the background with "-server" commandline.

 

The falling in the sea is the result of some player not having the australia terrain or having a different/corrupted version. This is not a problem with the mission itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always looking forward to new releases and new variants of this mission. Been checking out newer dev builds and on the odd occasion players seem to spawn outside of the new shed type prison on Lythium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MATR1X said:

Always looking forward to new releases and new variants of this mission. Been checking out newer dev builds and on the odd occasion players seem to spawn outside of the new shed type prison on Lythium.

 

That's not only on Lythium, but on more maps. But that's a template problem I think. Scruffy also mentioned it, in his previous post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Heyho. That sounds like you are hosting the mission in your client.

 

No sorry, definitely on a dedicated game server we rent. My clan were messing around for an hour and a half trying to get it working on the same dedicated machine. However...benefit of the doubt I will download again just in case ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@darkfurby1 is right. The wall of the shack is to thin to have random placed units inside without the possibility of some to spawn outside. Actually they don't spawn outside, they spawn on the inside and another unit is pushing them through the wall. The shack template will most likely be removed and/or replaced completly.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, anfo said:

 

No sorry, definitely on a dedicated game server we rent. My clan were messing around for an hour and a half trying to get it working on the same dedicated machine.

 

Okay, sounded like it with "Continue" and "Crash to desktop".

The other points are still valid. And make sure your server config doesn't have autoinit value.

 

Australia is a very error prone map (like most "life"-terrains). There is a lot of model and config stuff going on that may break server/clients when combined with other mods or units.

I am pretty sure that your CTD is not because of the mission itself but because of the terrain and maybe an interaction with the units in the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

The falling in the sea is the result of some player not having the australia terrain or having a different/corrupted version. This is not a problem with the mission itself.

 

I will check for autoinit as you mentioned, but failing that may I submit an rpt for analysis? Also has Australia 5.09 been cleared for use with 1.8.1?

 

@NeoArmageddon All fixed, bad version of escape files. Sorry for the bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Witty Jack said:

A dumb question, but what do i need to edit in order to change the enemy loadout ? 

 

The config from the enemy units. Escape is mostly using the vanilla loadouts from mods and vanilla and is only removing objects (for example the map).

When you want to add other unit classes, you have to edit unitclasses.sqf. If you want other loadouts, the best way is to create a config addon which adds those loadouts to the units.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×