Ok Thanks sir, will try a couple of those from development see how they go.

We recently changed to getting RHS & CUP addons from the Steam Workshop, don't know if there was a name change of the Smoke Grenades that might be the problem.

All extraction positions are chosen from a handplaced pool, which was hardcoded to exactly 8 before. At each location there are two markers on which an invisible heliH is spawned for the two extraction choppers.

I think the problem with no reaction to smoke grenades was that because of a small error the visible marker when playing was spawned on the second preplaced marker, while the trigger is checking for smokegrenades near the first one. Especially on newer missions I placed those two markers further apart than before (if the landing zone was big enough) to try and minimize the times the AI pilots would crash into each other. Because of that the issue was kind of random and we couldn't reproduce it in testing (only playing "live") as the code worked, you just stood at the wrong position.

The marker on a completely wrong position (probably 0,0,0) as in your screenshot is something else that we haven't seen yet. I guess it could be a problem with my code for checking how many markers are available when I made more than 8 possible. The new debug messages in .rpt from the new dev version will probably help with that, so please send the servers .rpt if possible if it happens again.

And thank you again for reporting and helping us here :)

Re; The first point, 6 of us had several smoke grenades each & threw threw them all over the area, even went to get more & did the same. but evac did not trigger?

Second, Have noticed that ArmA 3 will place missing or wrongly named things, triggers, objects, etc bottom left of maps.

Will check server report nex time it happens.

=============================

Forgot we have gone back to Version 1.7.5 so cant test. I dont think we are the only ones to come across the same extract trigger problem with the 1.8.0 escapes.

On 12/07/2017 at 6:50 PM, patpgtips said:

we have the same issue if we move above 1.75 we do not get the helis at the evac point 

we have tested numerous times and still dont get the helis to come to the evac no notification either 

im curious what host your with jgaz-uk 

im with nitrado and im thinking it might be something to do with there servers but unsure though

Just noticed your question sorry. Server is our own dedicated one [LOL]House of Clowns. at the moment we have rolled back to 1.7.5 with a few of the old (2014) Roy escapes to try.

Hello everyone, me and a friend of mine made a version of your escape with ravage mod, and i just wondering cause i searched all the internet, any of you know a way to put ace into escape cause i cant use any of nades or smokes from the rhs mod.

Thanks for all your hard work scruffy, thoroughly enjoy these missions.

I haven't had any problems with extraction in the past few months until my group's last session.  We were playing on Escape Sahrani SLA vs USMC and I believe we were using build 120.  We reached the extraction zone and the helicopters came just fine, but when they started to land the helicopters pulled up and started hovering.  I'm guessing one of us got too close to the point where they were about to land.  The helicopters stayed hovering for several minutes and wouldn't come back down to land.  Eventually I just fired a rocket at one of them which miraculously didn't destroy it and we flew off and we completed the mission.

I also have the client and server RPTs for the mission and I was able to get a partial recording of the messy extract which shows the helicopters hovering and us shooting it down, but not the initial failed landing.

I've also got 2 funny recordings of some other sessions which I think you guys might like.

• Like 1

That is just A3 AI. Like in real live, you should stay clear of the landing area until the helis touch down :P

But I see that there is room to improve the extraction, so the helis try to attempt multiple landings.

Hotfix 1.8.1 DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• Improved extractions to be more reliable scriptwise.
  • Fixed some side issues on some terrains (mostly Al Rayak).
  • Renamed some missions to better reflect their setup.

Experimental workshop release of all vanilla mission: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1093996668

Note that the workshop object is a collection as missions in an addon packed as MP campaign (otherweise we would have >194 single WS objects).

Please provide feedback and rate ;)

57 minutes ago, bad benson said:

get ready for lots of "feedback" :don9:

Jup, already had to argue with a guy: "Stop tagin your stupid mission as a mod. Keep view free for good mods!"

I told him, that this is actually several missions packed in a pbo, so it actually is a mod and steam/publisher won't let me tag it as scenario. After his answer "Uh, whatever, just remove the tag from your stupid mission". I decided to delete all comments :D

The people in the workshop never cease to amaze me. :yay:

• Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 2:52 PM, scruffy said:

All extraction positions are chosen from a handplaced pool, which was hardcoded to exactly 8 before. At each location there are two markers on which an invisible heliH is spawned for the two extraction choppers.

I just now downloaded the 1.8.1 hotfix version and had an observation and a few questions.

First, the questions...
So I understand - The number of extraction points possible is now globally greater than 8 now? Is 20 a new hardcoded limit or can there be more?

Also an observation: On the vanilla Malden 2035 map, there are 4 extraction markers for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos19" and none for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos20". I think that the markers for 20 may have been inadvertently named  "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_2" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_3" instead of "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20_1" respectively.

17 hours ago, CRCError1970 said:

First, the questions...
So I understand - The number of extraction points possible is now globally greater than 8 now? Is 20 a new hardcoded limit or can there be more?

There is no "real" hardlimit now. The script loops through all marker names "drn_Escape_ExtractionPosX" with X starting from 0 until it encounters an error (missing marker) and than stops.

17 hours ago, CRCError1970 said:

Also an observation: On the vanilla Malden 2035 map, there are 4 extraction markers for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos19" and none for "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPos20". I think that the markers for 20 may have been inadvertently named  "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_2" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos19_3" instead of "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPos20_1" respectively.

AFAIK drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPosX is not used as of now but _2 and _3 are either an copy/paste error or somebody forgot to rename them. I will check/fix this later, when I am home. Big thanks for reporting your observations!

Well, I *had* made a scenario with the "Malden Defense Force 2035" available on the Steam Workshop, but something with how the author made the faction is incompatible with co10 Escape.

The units spawn without any equipment in their uniforms and vests. I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with the MDF addon that can't be fixed within Escape. When I used the Eden to make custom loadouts for the MDF units, no matter what they spawned in game with their default gear.

EDIT: It turns out that the MDF 2035 author used the "ALiVE Order of Battle Creator" tool to make the new faction. Units made with this tool are incompatible with both the Eden Loadout Editor and scripts that modify loadouts when they are spawned.

On 8/2/2017 at 9:32 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

AFAIK drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPosX is not used as of now

Hey, for what it's worth, I just tried a map with the drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPosX markers removed and the extract sequence did not fire.

Hi folks, we've been enjoying the Escape from Tanoa, and a few others, for the past few months. We just recently starting using the CO10 Escape Mod, rather than the single missions, and noticed that it takes a lot more direct hits with bullets to incapacitate the AI enemy soldiers... like 6+ direct hits with a .45 handgun.

Is there any way we can increase the lethality of bullets to be back to "normal" as in the brilliant Escape from Tanoa mission?

8 hours ago, scoob_sbm said:

Is there any way we can increase the lethality of bullets to be back to "normal" as in the brilliant Escape from Tanoa mission?

Heyho, that has nothing to do with the mission itself but with the units in it. Most of the vanilla A3 units, especially CSAT, have ultra tough armor.

Try the Apex, CUP or RHS missions from the first post.

Otherwise wait for the Apex release on SteamWS. Syndicate (the units most common in Escape from Tanoa) only wear shirts.

Hey guys,
First up awesome mission, thanks so much for the hard work

Just on the AI. Can someone pls point me in the right direction to change the AI skill (Soft I know)

Running with TADST, the 'custom' AI skill and accuracy don't seem to do anything. Also have tried ASRI AI with adjusting the 'aiming' in the userconfig file. Neither of these seem to have any effect.

What am I doing wrong here? Does the mission AI settings (can see in the init server sqf) overide any 'external' AI settings?

Many thanks!!!

Hey guys, love the missions, thank you for the work you put in it!

Altho, i ran into an issue i can't figure out. When I try to run my own dedicated server, there are no enemies spawning, other than the 3-4 guys around the camp.

Should say no one else is on the map, not even civilians... it's probably a stupid thing, but i would love to get it to work.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, lacci said:

Hey guys, love the missions, thank you for the work you put in it!

Altho, i ran into an issue i can't figure out. When I try to run my own dedicated server, there are no enemies spawning, other than the 3-4 guys around the camp.

Should say no one else is on the map, not even civilians... it's probably a stupid thing, but i would love to get it to work.

Thanks!

you have to disable AUTO INIT in your server settings

if not it causes the error you are getting 

you will not get any random ai spawning at all 

so just disable AUTO INIT in your server control panel

• Like 1

21 hours ago, patpgtips said:

you have to disable AUTO INIT in your server settings

if not it causes the error you are getting 

you will not get any random ai spawning at all 

so just disable AUTO INIT in your server control panel

Thank You! I knew it was a stupid thing i missed!

It works now.

Thanks Again :)

Been loving the 1.9 build with all the new roadblock, ammo depot and comm center configurations. I'm curious about a couple things. It seems like on tanoa no civilian airplanes spawn at the airports anymore, which is quite important for a map that has multiple islands and a need to cross them. Any chance you can up the chance of them spawning at airports. Civilian airplanes add a great dynamic as you never know if you are going to get shot down when you land on another islands airport, plus you have no guns. great fun! Also seems like there are some difference as far as how weapons and equipment spawn between different maps/mods. For example, if I play vanilla Tanoa, a lot of soldiers may have lots of smoke grenades on them, but if I play the CUP version of Tanoa, almost no one has smokes or scopes, including sniper rifles which really sucks. Are these just idiosyncrasies of the individual mods/non mods/soldier units or something that you guys are programming in?

9 hours ago, daedum said:

Been loving the 1.9 build with all the new roadblock, ammo depot and comm center configurations. I'm curious about a couple things. It seems like on tanoa no civilian airplanes spawn at the airports anymore, which is quite important for a map that has multiple islands and a need to cross them. Any chance you can up the chance of them spawning at airports. Civilian airplanes add a great dynamic as you never know if you are going to get shot down when you land on another islands airport, plus you have no guns. great fun! Also seems like there are some difference as far as how weapons and equipment spawn between different maps/mods. For example, if I play vanilla Tanoa, a lot of soldiers may have lots of smoke grenades on them, but if I play the CUP version of Tanoa, almost no one has smokes or scopes, including sniper rifles which really sucks. Are these just idiosyncrasies of the individual mods/non mods/soldier units or something that you guys are programming in?

Glad you like the changes.

The reson for the different setups is mostly the mods and their individual setup. Maybe I will add some function to make it more balanced between mods.

Regarding the planes: Did we ever had civilian planes in 1.8? I don't think so. But Escape has civ boats spawning in harbours on Tanoa to move between islands. Nevertheless I like the idea of the planes.

• Like 1