Anybody else been seeing some problems with the latest versions (1.8.0+) of the mission since Arma updated? About the same time the campfire started killing players I started noticing issues with the Vanilla Tanoa and Altis missions. The Helis behaviour when getting called to the evac started becoming erratic, sometimes they will come, sometimes they wont and regularly when hacking the terminal at the comms the evac marker appears at the bottom left hand corner of the map. I've seen a few explanations here for the campfire and the evac marker going to the corner, but I'm thinking the reasons given for why this is happening aren't correct.

Firstly the campfire, before the Arma 64 bit update we saw zero kills due to the fire and since the update it regularly kills players when they run past. 2 players can run by it at the same time and the person closest will survive yet the furthest away player will get knocked out, then if he gets revived, the downed player will immediately go unconscious again and the survivor either has to drag them away before reviving, or walk up to the fire and turn it off. Incidentally, replacing the campfire with "MetalBarrel_burning_F" in the fn_BuildPrison.sqf seems to have cured that for us.

When I saw the evac marker going to the corner of the map I rebuilt the mission with build 97 but had the same issues. Then thinking it might be some kind of conflict between a mod/script and the mission, we put the 101 build on the server today without any mods at all and only added the call for Infistar to the mission to test it. Bare in mind, we had no problems with these missions (Altis + Tanoa) prior to the Arma update with Infistar, suicide bomber, status bar, holster weapons, earplug, mag repack, killfeed and a few other scripts running. The same things happened on both raw, fresh 101 builds, sometimes they the helis came, sometimes they didn't and regularly when hacking the terminal at the comms the evac marker appeared at the bottom left hand corner of the map.

On the other 2 servers running escape, one has 6 different maps running 14 flavours of the mission made with 1.7.5 build and containing multiple mods and scripts, while the other has an Unsung version (unsure what build) equally heavy in extra scripts and they're completely solid. The evac marker is always in the right place and throw a smoke anywhere within several meters of it and the helis would promptly fly right in. Even when the Helis did show up in the 1.8.0+ builds it sometimes took  several smokes to find pretty much the exact spot on the evac marker that would trigger them to come.

We rebuilt the Altis version using a vanilla flavour from the 1.7.5 server and like that server it worked perfectly, so we spent the next few hours trying to trouble shoot what in the later bleeding edge versions could be causing the issue. We got to the point where the mission was calling in the helis and the evac markers went to the correct place, though the smoke wasn't as quick and clean to work as it does in 1.7.5. The difference seems to be these extra files in the "Functions/Server" folder (fn_createMotorPool.sqf, fn_RunExtractionBoat.sqf, fn_getRndEntryFromFaction.sqf, fn_loadFaction.sqf, fn_selectFaction.sqf) without these files the mission works ok and we managed to add the Boat.sqf and the Motorpool.sqf individually and it still worked, but once we combine them or added the remaining 'Faction' themed sqfs, the problems returned. With it being late, hungry, having spent most of the day on it and achieving cirtical brain melt status, we gave it a rest and quit for the day. So, anybody else having issues? We haven't had any complaints from players but we're thinking that might just be because the AI are set to Chuck Norris level 9000 and most of the time they barely get too far from the prison let alone hack the comms and escape!

Just wondering why you removed the RHS-LOP versions of escape in the latest nightly's?  

5 hours ago, DPM said:

Anybody else been seeing some problems with the latest versions (1.8.0+) of the mission since Arma updated? About the same time the campfire started killing players I started noticing issues with the Vanilla Tanoa and Altis missions. The Helis behaviour when getting called to the evac started becoming erratic, sometimes they will come, sometimes they wont and regularly when hacking the terminal at the comms the evac marker appears at the bottom left hand corner of the map. I've seen a few explanations here for the campfire and the evac marker going to the corner, but I'm thinking the reasons given for why this is happening aren't correct.

Firstly the campfire, before the Arma 64 bit update we saw zero kills due to the fire and since the update it regularly kills players when they run past. 2 players can run by it at the same time and the person closest will survive yet the furthest away player will get knocked out, then if he gets revived, the downed player will immediately go unconscious again and the survivor either has to drag them away before reviving, or walk up to the fire and turn it off. Incidentally, replacing the campfire with "MetalBarrel_burning_F" in the fn_BuildPrison.sqf seems to have cured that for us.

When I saw the evac marker going to the corner of the map I rebuilt the mission with build 97 but had the same issues. Then thinking it might be some kind of conflict between a mod/script and the mission, we put the 101 build on the server today without any mods at all and only added the call for Infistar to the mission to test it. Bare in mind, we had no problems with these missions (Altis + Tanoa) prior to the Arma update with Infistar, suicide bomber, status bar, holster weapons, earplug, mag repack, killfeed and a few other scripts running. The same things happened on both raw, fresh 101 builds, sometimes they the helis came, sometimes they didn't and regularly when hacking the terminal at the comms the evac marker appeared at the bottom left hand corner of the map.

On the other 2 servers running escape, one has 6 different maps running 14 flavours of the mission made with 1.7.5 build and containing multiple mods and scripts, while the other has an Unsung version (unsure what build) equally heavy in extra scripts and they're completely solid. The evac marker is always in the right place and throw a smoke anywhere within several meters of it and the helis would promptly fly right in. Even when the Helis did show up in the 1.8.0+ builds it sometimes took  several smokes to find pretty much the exact spot on the evac marker that would trigger them to come.

We rebuilt the Altis version using a vanilla flavour from the 1.7.5 server and like that server it worked perfectly, so we spent the next few hours trying to trouble shoot what in the later bleeding edge versions could be causing the issue. We got to the point where the mission was calling in the helis and the evac markers went to the correct place, though the smoke wasn't as quick and clean to work as it does in 1.7.5. The difference seems to be these extra files in the "Functions/Server" folder (fn_createMotorPool.sqf, fn_RunExtractionBoat.sqf, fn_getRndEntryFromFaction.sqf, fn_loadFaction.sqf, fn_selectFaction.sqf) without these files the mission works ok and we managed to add the Boat.sqf and the Motorpool.sqf individually and it still worked, but once we combine them or added the remaining 'Faction' themed sqfs, the problems returned. With it being late, hungry, having spent most of the day on it and achieving cirtical brain melt status, we gave it a rest and quit for the day. So, anybody else having issues? We haven't had any complaints from players but we're thinking that might just be because the AI are set to Chuck Norris level 9000 and most of the time they barely get too far from the prison let alone hack the comms and escape!

it was a long confusing day

hopefully the mission will play ball 

15 hours ago, DPM said:

[...]

Thanks for the investigation and your long text, really appreaciate when I am not the only one bug hunting in the code.

I can't imagine that the surplus functions are the cause for the trouble. That just isn't how A3 functions work. Also they are written in a state-of-the-art way, meaning all local variables are declared as private so there can't be a sideeffect issue (especially as those functions are never called). 

I suspect here just bad luck, it worked when you had the functions removed and didn't worked when they were in by pure chance. Also the last builds we played, the extraction worked every time without problems.

Next time you test and the helis don't arrive, could you please check if the global variables for the helis are non-null? They are A3E_EvacHeli1 to A3E_EvacHeli3 and they should be broadcasted across all clients.

14 hours ago, 01UkAtO said:

Just wondering why you removed the RHS-LOP versions of escape in the latest nightly's?  

The LOP classnames we used were not supported anymore and so we dropped em to prevent mission classnames and such. Keeping the mission up-to-date with all modpacks is quite time consuming, so the less modpacks, the faster we can update the mission.

Mods might be readded when 1.9 comes.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, patpgtips said:

ive got that im struggling to connect 

ill restart my router and try again i thought it was down alltogether

FTP down?Haven't been able to connect for a few days now

Works fine for me but Note that the folder names have changed.

40 minutes ago, miasdad said:

FTP down?Haven't been able to connect for a few days now

only way I can connect is to use the IP number try this

ftp://escape@144.76.38.84/bleeding-edge/

I think my internet host is blocking it somehow

Edited by patpgtips
said port instead of IP LOL
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, miasdad said:

CONNECTED!Thank you..you are gifted & wise!!:don11:

17 hours ago, patpgtips said:

only way I can connect is to use the IP number try this

ftp://escape@144.76.38.84/bleeding-edge/

I think my internet host is blocking it somehow

That is the old server that is taken down in a few days. Don't use it.

ftp://escape@anzp.de works splendid for me from different locations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I am still blocked with the domain name but I add the new IP all works fine

ftp://escape@88.99.243.108/

copy all above text and paste into your browser

1 hour ago, patpgtips said:

I am still blocked with the domain name but I add the new IP all works fine

If the domain is blocked by your ISP, Browser or AntiVir, request them to recheck or unblock it. Looks like some blocked my domain because of a false-positive and they didn't recognized the server and IP changed...

4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Thanks...it works & no login

So we Tested some more with the 101 build. When the Helis are successfully called from the evac marker they show B Angel one : 1 Remote, B Archangel : 1 Remote etc. There was only a couple of occassions when one of them read as <NULL - object> though the heli in question arrived and functioned normally when that happened. When the evac marker doesn't work, nothing is reported in the debug. Even when the evac marker is broken the terminal hack seems to work properly to place it, only failing a few times.

On the Tanoa map it's hit 'n' miss but since the evac markers were moved compared to earlier versions, the helis work the majority of the time. Unfortunately In our experience though, the same can't be said for Altis. The evac markers fail the majority of the time with only 2 of them working properly. Even after 3 failed attempts with the other markers in the same run of the mission, the 2 good markers worked as they should on the 5th and 6th attempts. Seems to be something more that just 'bad luck' for us. Tested 10 runs each map, not consecutively and using up to 30 smoke to cover the evac marker. On the 2 markers that function regularly only 1 smoke 'near' is needed.

Just to refresh, the 1.7.5 works fine on CUP and Vanilla maps, but since the 64bit update the Tanoa and Altis 1.8+ have been breaking. We'll try an updated version of a CUP map later to see if it's just vanilla maps that we're having issues with.

...and having spent a lot of time at the evac marker, when the Helis are getting shot, there's a typo when the pilot complains of the area supposedly being ''save'' instead of safe.

Typo fixed ;)

Testen newest build on Tanoa two times and helis came every time as intended :(

@NeoArmageddon I started to port a version of this that I had saved for Tanoa to BIS's Malden 2035. A lot of it went straight over my head, but I got it working eventually. Unfortunately, I manage to break it every time I try to make seemingly simple changes. I also think that my patrol boats aren't working. Really all I have left to do is change the player uniforms from the APEX ones to Vanilla (to make it more appropriate for Malden. Then I want to change the Independent faction from Syndakit to FIA, and OPFOR (Pacific) to OPFOR. I can't seem to do any of this without breaking the mission. I've narrowed the problem down to the Island and Unit folder in the main mission folder. I've attached the relevant files if you're interested in taking a look. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=81803392447398950320

On 27.5.2017 at 8:52 PM, supercereal4 said:

@NeoArmageddon I started to port a version of this that I had saved for Tanoa to BIS's Malden 2035. A lot of it went straight over my head, but I got it working eventually. Unfortunately, I manage to break it every time I try to make seemingly simple changes. I also think that my patrol boats aren't working. Really all I have left to do is change the player uniforms from the APEX ones to Vanilla (to make it more appropriate for Malden. Then I want to change the Independent faction from Syndakit to FIA, and OPFOR (Pacific) to OPFOR. I can't seem to do any of this without breaking the mission. I've narrowed the problem down to the Island and Unit folder in the main mission folder. I've attached the relevant files if you're interested in taking a look. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=81803392447398950320

Heyho! Did you used the tools provided on the first page of this thread for placing the markers for villages, boats and com centers?

If yes, would you mind uploading the mission where you placed the markers aswell? I am at work and can't look at the stuff you uploaded right now.

If you sent me those files, I will integrate your Malden configs with our repo and it will magically work for every modset we have right now ;)

11 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Heyho! Did you used the tools provided on the first page of this thread for placing the markers for villages, boats and com centers?

If yes, would you mind uploading the mission where you placed the markers aswell? I am at work and can't look at the stuff you uploaded right now.

If you sent me those files, I will integrate your Malden configs with our repo and it will magically work for every modset we have right now ;)

Yes, they have been included! I ran into the issue some were having in their ports where the backpack would be empty and enemies won't spawn. I was using the Tanoa version for the port, so the enemies will have to be changed from Syndakit and CSAT (Pacific) to FIA and CSAT (Iran).

I'm still having problems with the Extract locations appearing on the bottom left of the map even with using the most current version. I do set my extraction points to close and not random. 

@NeoArmageddon

I ported the mission to Malden (2035) using the port guide, and I'm fairly sure I did everything correctly. The mission appears to play just fine, but there are quite a few script errors that pop up randomly.

I don't know what any of them mean without reading the scripts, but they're all in scripts that I haven't modified. This is of course on the Dev branch, on Malden.

The only ones that I know aren't random are a few at the very beginning of the mission (in the prison), and when CAS is called. The CAS also seems to just be a ton of HE rounds coming out of nowhere, not sure if that is how it should be.

Not sure exactly what I need to send you, but here is the unpacked mission + RPT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbd28s27um5up02/Escape_Malden_Files.7z

Hope this helps you out, please let me know if you find a fix. I'd like to play error-free :)

On 27.5.2017 at 8:52 PM, supercereal4 said:

Looks like your mission is based on the Escape from Tanoa from Phantom (Steam Workshop). That is a quite outdated codebase. That caused Scruffy some trouble :D

On 6/3/2017 at 9:34 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

Looks like your mission is based on the Escape from Tanoa from Phantom (Steam Workshop). That is a quite outdated codebase. That caused Scruffy some trouble :D

Yeah, that was just the version I had on hand at the time. I can comb through rebitaay's upload as well to see if I can work with it.

Malden is already in the latest 117 dev update thanks to you guys. 

I messed up a bunch of stuff, the Malden 2035 missions only work since dev update #118 and now there is #119 where the extraction spawn markers are in the right places. Sorry about that...

But a big thank you again supercereal4 and rebitaay for the initial work, that helps a lot :)