Remove autoinit from your serverstartup and remove any default mission from config. That is a known A3 bug.

4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Remove autoinit from your serverstartup and remove any default mission from config. That is a known A3 bug.

Either I misunderstood your directions or I don't know what to do so umm, could you elaborate? (I tried my best to do both, still happens.)

Edited by Jadetsu

Don't use "-init" in your client/server command line (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options) and don't specify a default mission and mission rotation in your server.cfg (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Mission_rotation).

Oh, also use a dedicated server. This mission doesn't work when hosted on a client as mentioned in the first post. 

1 minute ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Don't use "-init" in your client/server command line (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options) and don't specify a default mission and mission rotation in your server.cfg (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Mission_rotation).

Oh, also use a dedicated server. This mission doesn't work when hosted on a client as mentioned in the first post. 

After redownloading the mission and double-checking the options the problem persists on Altis and on Stratis I spawn with all my gear.

So I've been running Build 96 as a local host for myself and my friends and I've still been getting the evac at the edge of the map bug as well as being unable to pull out wounded players from vehicles so they can be revived. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

13 hours ago, Jadetsu said:

After redownloading the mission and double-checking the options the problem persists on Altis and on Stratis I spawn with all my gear.

Are you using a dedicated server?

9 hours ago, tibby223 said:

So I've been running Build 96 as a local host for myself and my friends and I've still been getting the evac at the edge of the map bug as well as being unable to pull out wounded players from vehicles so they can be revived. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Local host is NOT supported as stated on the first page.

Neither me nor a few other groups that play the current build can't reproduce your errors. If you have errors, please check your RPTs for possibly related errors and post them (the errors not the RPT) here. I can't fix stuff I can't reproduce. Also note that the mission should always be played on A3 stable branch.

On 21.02.2017 at 4:28 PM, TokiMe said:

It works very bad, tired of circling near the car to find the right position :(

//build 94

Spoiler

a3.png

Spoiler

//build 96

On 5.3.2017 at 0:51 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Are you using a dedicated server?

Yes. I would not be asking for support if I weren't. (The main error in spoiler. Seems to infinitely repeat itself.)

Spoiler

Only ones it seems to replicate are:

_refPosX = ((getPos _refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
 1:11:15   Error position: <_refUnit) select 0) + (_minSpawnDistance>
 1:11:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _refunit
 1:11:15 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
 1:11:15 Error in expression <
_dir = random 360;

and

1:11:15 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44
_dir = random 360;

Spoiler

pJhSaYz.png

7 hours ago, Jadetsu said:

Yes. I would not be asking for support if I weren't. (The main error in spoiler. Seems to infinitely repeat itself.)

Reveal hidden contents

Only ones it seems to replicate are:

1:11:15 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\Scripts\Escape\Functions.sqf, line 636
_dir = random 360;

and

1:11:15 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\functions\DRN\fn_RoadBlocks.sqf, line 44
_dir = random 360;

Reveal hidden contents

pJhSaYz.png

Search this topic, that is exactly the error that occurs when the server is misconfigured. This has nothing to do with the mission itself.

AFAIK some server settings for e.g. Exile break other missions (most common case)

Hi so im part of a big server group and iv been working on updating a load of mission to work with our mods and ACE medical  

iv managed to get ACE Medical Basic to work with Escape Takistan but the issue i now how is Epinephrine i tried in a few different placed to add it into the game but with no success it either brakes the game altogether i.e i spawn but iv got a black loading screen over the top and when I hit escape it and the menu come up the back screen disappears and i can see iv spawned correctly. or it just doesn't add it, now on the AI i kill they already have a random amount of Bandages and Morphine on them probably due to them having first aid kits and ACE3 converting them to medical gear but if i can't get epi in then there is no way to revive anyone. if someone could point me in the direction where i can add some epi to the starting backpack and onto AI randomly that would be much appreciated

also it seems there are so many different places that make sure all gear is removed or referance to gear being removed so i get the feeling any ACE medical gear i managed to add gets removed by some other scrip that removes all gear  

Any help would be amazing and would speed up the process of converting Escape for other maps as its probably one of the most popular Missions during the week so thanks for your Awesome work NeoArmageddon 

The functions that removes and adds gear from enemies is in "Scripts\Escape\functions.sqf" and is called drn_fnc_Escape_OnSpawnGeneralSoldierUnit

I suggest recycling one of the random functions for randomly adding EPI etc.

On 05.03.2017 at 6:31 PM, TokiMe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

a3.png

Reveal hidden contents

//build 96

Thanks, in build 97, it works correctly!

Hey Guys. I've been working on a project for the past 2 1/2 Days making a World War Two Escape Mission featuring the Nazi's. All the unit's and weapons are changed out to replace everything in the Vanilla Escape mission. The problem is that when I was testing it. It wouldn't load to the prison. It was just stuck at the "Loading..." screen. Any tips?  Thanks.

TheSurvivorOfZeds

error in UnitClasses. Start arma with showScriptErrors, start Escape and check rpt for sqf errors. Any missing ',' or '}' can corrupt script.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dystopian1 said:

TheSurvivorOfZeds

error in UnitClasses. Start arma with showScriptErrors, start Escape and check rpt for sqf errors. Any missing ',' or '}' can corrupt script.

On it thanks.

1 hour ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

On it thanks.

Keeps saying, "Error undefined in expression: a3e_var_side_ind,  File MPMissions\co10_Escape.Chernarus\functions\Server\fn_initServer.sqf, Line 41."

If I could send the mission to someone to find the problem, I would be greatful because I'm beginner level at this stuff. This is my first attempt at a custom version of another mission.

it looks like you broke

A3E_VAR_Side_Blufor = west;
A3E_VAR_Side_Opfor = east;
A3E_VAR_Side_Ind = resistance;

lines. Don't touch anything you don't know for what.

1 hour ago, dystopian1 said:

it looks like you broke

A3E_VAR_Side_Blufor = west;
A3E_VAR_Side_Opfor = east;
A3E_VAR_Side_Ind = resistance;

lines. Don't touch anything you don't know for what.

K. Thanks again.

So I'm just gonna post my results for my tests here if you don't here mind.

Test 1:  Prison guards gunned each other down. The guns aren't the best but I managed to put down the last one and continued on. Found a group of CSAT or AAF Forces after hearing gunfire from them slaughtering some Nazis. These World War Two Era guns aren't really effective against todays body armor but I also managed to put them down. Civilian vehicles working well. Could probably use CUP Civilian vehicles and such. Only two types that even remotely fits the time zone so far till I find more. A FW-190 Fighter Plane flew over as a replacement for helicopters and drones.  Found the city of Chernogorsk. Heavily armed CSAT or AAF AI swarming the city. Then I got gunned down by a lucky AI headshot. I think the "Independants against (Insert Occupiers Name Here)" option. Going to see If I can fix the friendly fire issue at the prison and all that other stuff. But so far I think it's a good start.

2 hours ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

So I'm just gonna post my results for my tests here if you don't here mind.

Test 1:  Prison guards gunned each other down. The guns aren't the best but I managed to put down the last one and continued on. Found a group of CSAT or AAF Forces after hearing gunfire from them slaughtering some Nazis. These World War Two Era guns aren't really effective against todays body armor but I also managed to put them down. Civilian vehicles working well. Could probably use CUP Civilian vehicles and such. Only two types that even remotely fits the time zone so far till I find more. A FW-190 Fighter Plane flew over as a replacement for helicopters and drones.  Found the city of Chernogorsk. Heavily armed CSAT or AAF AI swarming the city. Then I got gunned down by a lucky AI headshot. I think the "Independants against (Insert Occupiers Name Here)" option. Going to see If I can fix the friendly fire issue at the prison and all that other stuff. But so far I think it's a good start.

Test 2: Spawned. None of the guards were dead but they weren't firing at me until I put a few rounds into their friends. Fixing this now. Leaving spawn I see a patrol. Obviously they don't shoot me. So I shot them and took their crap and stole a car. A Repair Off-road passed me while I was entering the car. As I drove up the rode into town I pass a squad of Nazis and a HMG Strider. Nothing new here. TOTALLY INTENTIONAL (jk). I drove up to a ammo cache site (obviously didn't get shot). So I decided to check all the ammo crates to see if all the weapons were in there. They were. The Vehicle Ammo Crate was nowhere to be seen. The one defensive turret that was there was a 20mm Flak30 Anti-Air Cannon (obviously would've been effective on the ground too.) So that was exciting for me. Then I decided to grab some SUPER EXPLOSIVE grenades made for tanks and APCs to use against the infantry. I swear those things had the power of 2 or 3 explosive charges. Ended up killing myself from the fragmentation. The End. Beginning Test 3.

1 hour ago, TheSurvivorOfZeds said:

Test 2: Spawned. None of the guards were dead but they weren't firing at me until I put a few rounds into their friends. Fixing this now. Leaving spawn I see a patrol. Obviously they don't shoot me. So I shot them and took their crap and stole a car. A Repair Off-road passed me while I was entering the car. As I drove up the rode into town I pass a squad of Nazis and a HMG Strider. Nothing new here. TOTALLY INTENTIONAL (jk). I drove up to a ammo cache site (obviously didn't get shot). So I decided to check all the ammo crates to see if all the weapons were in there. They were. The Vehicle Ammo Crate was nowhere to be seen. The one defensive turret that was there was a 20mm Flak30 Anti-Air Cannon (obviously would've been effective on the ground too.) So that was exciting for me. Then I decided to grab some SUPER EXPLOSIVE grenades made for tanks and APCs to use against the infantry. I swear those things had the power of 2 or 3 explosive charges. Ended up killing myself from the fragmentation. The End. Beginning Test 3.

Test 3: Spawned they wouldn't shoot me. Changed some settings. They would shoot me but would also shoot each other. So I'm just gonna go cry in a corner for a while. I'm just gonna blame the mod maker of IFA3 for setting the NAZIS AS BLUFOR INSTEAD OF OPFOR OR INDEPENDENTS.

I played it with some buddy's and we where wondering if there is a ACE version of this mission?  

On 05/04/2015 at 4:24 PM, scruffy said:

How to port Escape to another terrain

You will need:

Step 1 - Prepare the files

Unpack the .pbo mission file "co10_Escape.Stratis.pbo", this will leave you with a folder "co10_Escape.Stratis" that includes all mission files and scripts.

Inside the archive with the porting missions you have three additional folders "TE_BuildCommunicationCenter.Stratis", "TE_VillageMarkers.Stratis" and "TE_PatrolBoatMarkers.Stratis".

Put these four folders into your ..\Documents\Arma 3\missions folder. If you use another profile name it should be in ..\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\YourUserName\missions

Now you need to change the terrain suffix on all four folders. Just rename the folders to whatever the new terrain uses, which could be as easy as ".Altis" or something like ".FDF_Isle1_a" for Podagorsk. If you don't know the proper name, just save a test mission on the island to look it up.

Step 2 - The mission

Now start up the game, go to the editor with the island you want and load the mission "co10_Escape". You will see the player units and logics. Go into marker mode (F7) and a whole bunch of them will show up too. They might be on land, they might be inside the water, but they sure are in the wrong position. You will need to move all of them around.

• Player units: move them somewhere on land! If you want to change the units just edit them, but if you do delete them and place new ones make sure to copy the proper names and init.
  • The two logics named "SouthWest" and "NorthEast" limit the mission area. You can still go outside of this area later, but camps, patrols or the prison will not be spawned there. Use it to exclude islands far from the mainland or the empty infinite terrain.
  • A logic and a marker named "center", put them both at the center of the area
  • Respawn_West, Respawn_East and Boot_Hill, place them all somewhere on land and away from the action. If available use a small island somewhere off the coast.
  • The "drn_insurgentAirfieldMarker" tells the mission where the airfield is and keeps the prison and ammo camps from spawning in some radius I can't remember now around it. Put it on an airfield obviously, along with the "drn_searchChopperStartPosMarker" and "drn_dropChopperStartPosMarker" markers. Also move the "TrafficMarker_AirField" on one of the roads there.
  • Move the eight traffic markers named "TrafficMarker_North", "TrafficMarker_NorthEast", "TrafficMarker_East", etc. on a road somewhere on the edge to that direction
  • Place the marker "RoadBlockNullRoad" on a road somewhere
  • Move around all markers for the possible extraction positions. There are always three of them belonging together for 8 possible locations. There are "drn_Escape_ExtractionPosX" and "drn_Escape_ExtractionPosX_1", this is where the two helicopters will land, and "drn_Escape_ExtracionBoatSpawnPosX" where the helicopters (yes, despite the name...) will get spawned in.
    You need to move all 8 to a suitable position, I think placing more will do nothing right now.

Step 3 - ComCenter markers

Load another mission, this time "TE_BuildCommunicationCenter" and you will see a player unit and some triggers. First, place the unit on land if it ended up in the water. Again, change to markers mode (F7) and a bunch of them will show up. The important ones are the red markers named "a3e_var_communicationCenter_X", where the X is a number. They are used to mark all positions the game can later pick from to put a ComCenter there. All other markers are just there to help you with placing them and ignored on export. You will have 9 of these relevant markers on the map already, which you could move around, but you can also delete them (and the area_X markers on the same positions) and start with a new one.

There is a red empty marker named "a3e_var_communicationCenter" and a red rectangle marker named "area" without the _X suffix on the map. An arrow marker below point to them and tells you to copy the two. Listen to the arrow :)

If you now paste the markers the game will automatically add the _X number on the end of the name. The mission stops exporting when it can't find the next number, so with _1, _2, _3, _6, _7 only three positions will be generated. This way you don't need to change the names and remember which numbers are used already. The area_x marker shows you the size of the comcenter, to help you placing it in the 2D editor, but you don't need to use it.

Put down the markers wherever you want a possible ComCenter position. Depending on the terrain that can be just a few suitable positions or quite a lot. Don't be afraid to place them right next to each other if you found 2 great positions, the mission checks for the distance between them and will never use both (unless you want to change this minimum distance, more on that in step 6).

When you are ready, don't forget to save the mission, and hit Preview. You now stand on an empty island, but you have three radio triggers available.

0-0-0 will build all the comcenters on the markers you placed. The best way to check them out now is the camera available in the editor, press "Esc" and the button "Camera" on the lower left. You can now see if your positions are viable, or if other objects are in the way or the terrain is to steep and you have to move them.

Get back into the editor and change them, then check again.

0-0-1 will only build a single ComCenter. It's a3e_var_communicationCenter_1, but you can change the number in the trigger. Not really needed, unless want to check overlapping positions I guess.

0-0-2 exports the marker postions to your .rpt file

You only need to do this once, when you are finished and all markers are ready. We'll use them in Step 6

Step 4 - Village markers

Next mission to load is "TE_VillageMarkers", again you will see a player unit you have to move onto land and a trigger. Change to marker mode and find the blue circle named "a3e_village", there's another helpful arrow pointing to it and telling you to copy it. You can use all the other already existing villagemarkers or delete them and start from scratch.

As explained above when you paste the marker the number suffix is added, so you don't need to mess around with the names. You do need to change the sizes though, so open up the new marker, guess the sizes and type them in by hand, press OK and repeat.

Place markers on every city, village, industrial area, military installation, farm or small lonely fishing hut and whatever area you want to have enemy patrols.

You can place a single big marker or a bunch of smaller ones to cover a bigger city. If you want to confine the patrols to the inner part, make it smaller, if it's larger they will also patrol around the city.

The size of the marker determines the number of enemies, so don't just slap a big marker over square kilometer with three farms, if you don't want that area heavily guarded.

These markers are only used for the village patrols, there are still the random searchgroups and military traffic and other surprises to find you outside of these places ;)

0-0-1 exports the marker postions to your .rpt file

You only need to do this once, when you are finished and all markers are ready. We'll use them in Step 6

Step 5 - Boat markers

This one works the same as the village markers, only the marker names are different. It is kind of optional, if you can do without the patrol boats (I think only Altis, Stratis and Porto have them right now), and sometime in the future Neo wants to change the boat system anyway, which will make them obsolete.

If you do place them, remember that the size of the marker determines the number of boats spawned. If you place a big one spanning a kilometer of coast or more, there will be a lot of boats. Try the mission on Porto, where I covered the whole coast :D

0-0-1 exports the marker postions to your .rpt file

You only need to do this once, when you are finished and all markers are ready. We'll use them in the next step

Step 6 - Putting it all together

Now you will need the text editor I mentioned. First find and open your .rpt file. (It's the error log Arma creates while running. It should be located in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3", you will need to show hidden folders to see AppData.

Open up the latest arma3_YYYY-MM-DD_hh-mm-ss.rpt and scroll to the bottom after you exported some markers. You can search for "a3e" and will find blocks of lines looking like this:

Reveal hidden contents

17:57:45 ""a3e_villageMarkers = [];""
17:57:45 ""a3e_villageMarkers set [0, [[2131.56,5668.21,0], 13.9301, "RECTANGLE", [140,200]]];""
17:57:45 ""a3e_villageMarkers set [1, [[2001.33,5255.97,0], 13.1558, "RECTANGLE", [50,120]]];""
17:57:45 ""a3e_villageMarkers set [2, [[1951.52,5725.94,0], 13.4924, "RECTANGLE", [50,35]]];""
[...]
17:58:03 ""a3e_communicationCenterMarkers = [];""
17:58:03 ""a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [0, [[1823.05,5456.52,0], -73.8474]];""
17:58:03 ""a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [1, [[1713.08,5128.84,0], 106.619]];""
17:58:03 ""a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [2, [[2010.57,5840.23,0], 823.774]];""
[...]
17:58:23 ""a3e_patrolBoatMarkers = [];""
17:58:23 ""a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [0, [[2506.64,6677.39,0], 24.2737, "ELLIPSE", [300,500]]];""
17:58:23 ""a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [1, [[1290.75,3484.85,0], 0, "ELLIPSE", [200,500]]];""
17:58:23 ""a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [2, [[4125.01,1920.2,0], -50.1342, "ELLIPSE", [500,200]]];""

Open up the mission folder of the edited Escape (Documents\USER\Arma 3\missions\co10_Escape.ISLAND) and inside there go to the folder named "Island". Here are the files you need to paste the marker data into. Copy the blocks with all the marker positions into the corresponding file. Now you need to clean up the rpt output. No need to do it by hand on every line, just use the replace option of your text editor: Replace the Timestamp and double quotation marks at the beginning of each line, and the quotation marks at the end with nothing, press "Replace All". In our example it looks like this afterwards:

Reveal hidden contents

a3e_villageMarkers = [];
a3e_villageMarkers set [0, [[2131.56,5668.21,0], 13.9301, "RECTANGLE", [140,200]]];
a3e_villageMarkers set [1, [[2001.33,5255.97,0], 13.1558, "RECTANGLE", [50,120]]];
a3e_villageMarkers set [2, [[1951.52,5725.94,0], 13.4924, "RECTANGLE", [50,35]]];
[...]
a3e_communicationCenterMarkers = [];
a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [0, [[1823.05,5456.52,0], -73.8474]];
a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [1, [[1713.08,5128.84,0], 106.619]];
a3e_communicationCenterMarkers set [2, [[2010.57,5840.23,0], 823.774]];
[...]
a3e_patrolBoatMarkers = [];
a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [0, [[2506.64,6677.39,0], 24.2737, "ELLIPSE", [300,500]]];
a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [1, [[1290.75,3484.85,0], 0, "ELLIPSE", [200,500]]];
a3e_patrolBoatMarkers set [2, [[4125.01,1920.2,0], -50.1342, "ELLIPSE", [500,200]]];

If you don't place boat markers just put this single line into PatrolBoatMarkers.sqf:

a3e_patrolBoatMarkers = [];

Now open up the WorldConfig.sqf in the same folder. Change the values according to the islands size. You will see the ones for Stratis are pretty low, so I added the ones for Altis and Chernarus as examples:

• A3E_MinComCenterDistance = 1200; Altis 5000, Chernarus 3000
  • A3E_WorldName = "Stratis"; The name of the island displayed at the start of the mission, where it says "Somewhere on ..."
  • A3E_ComCenterCount = 2; Altis 6, Chernarus 5
  • A3E_AmmoDepotCount = 4; Altis and Chernarus 10
  • A3E_CrashSiteCountMax = 1;
  • A3E_MortarSiteCountMax = 4;
  • A3E_MortarSiteCountMin = 2;

The maximum and minimum number of mortar sites is used as set here only on the "normal" setting, if the parameter is changed to "DiF" the values will be doubled, if changed to "lowered" it will be halved. So don't go below 2 for Min if you don't want to test if Neo added a proper check in the script ;)

If you extract another mission and don't find some of these entries in the WorldConfig, that's because we didn't change them, a standard value will be used.

Now you should change the name of the mission. Inside the mission folder open up ..\include\defines.hpp with your texteditor and change the name on lines 2 and 3.

You can now load up the mission in the editor again and change the name there, too. Now save it and you are nearly finished.

Step 7 - Release it

You did all the work to port Escape onto another terrain. Why not share it with others? If you send us the files we can add the terrain to the next release.

I only need the mission.sqm of the co10_Escape.ISLAND mission and the content of the \Island folder, but you can of course just post the whole .pbo of the finished mission.

If you have problems with extracting the markers from .rpt just save the placing missions when you are finished and send those.

That's it. I'll explain how to do mod versions and the content of the unitclasses.sqf a bit in another post, coming soonâ„¢

If you have any more questions about porting the mission ask here or write me a PM.

Thanks For The Info

I followed your instructions and ported UNSUNG Delta [ SAO Bang ] Map using all unsung weapons vehicles and units

I have 3 issues that I have found 

1: vehicles won't cross the bridges / arma 3 issue with bridges

2: vehicles will overturn on the road often / I think it's because of most roads are single lane and they overturn easily

3: vehicles from UNSUNG Delta have loads of gear in them / think I need to find a way to remove some of the gear

apart from that everything seems to be working fine 

if anyone is interested in trying it out just Filter OutKasts and you will find it 

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I use Taskforce radio and CBA_A3 on my dedicated server running the latest Bleeding Edge version of co10_Escape_Vanilla_Apex.Tanoa.pbo, 

Prior to updating to CBA_A3 v3.2.1.170227 everything was working fine.

Since then I now get Debug messages telling me that the server has started, Garbage cleanup as started, units are spawning in and I can also see where the enemy vehicles are when looking at the map.

No other changes were made to any of my configs. All I did was update CBA_A3, copy the new mission PBO to the mpmissions folder and start the server.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to turn off the messages?

Update, this even happens with no Mods are installed.

I am at a loss why I get the debug messages in the Side chat.

Many thanks,

Bogor