Is there a way to make Ace 3 more compatible?

As of now, me and my buddies have to kill eachother and revive us again in order to heal up, while using the ace 3 mod. Is there a possibility where we could have ace 3 inplemented properly, meaning there is no NEED for medic kits or similar and only rely on the ace 3 elements, like the morphine and bandages. 

To be fair, the ace 3 mod makes this mission a 100 times more fun, and realistic considering there are e.g. shrapnel, bleedouts, passing out, etc.

Adding an ace 3 option would be fantastic! :D

Is there a way to make Ace 3 more compatible?

Yes, there is: Deactivate the ACE Revive Module. That way it is more compatible ;)

Sorry, but I personally don't use ACE and I fail to see that it is up to me to make my mission compatible to a third party mod (and I also don't have the time for that). The ACE scripts are the intrusive part here, not the scripts in my mission. Infact my revive script proved to be very portable and friendly to most other mods that don't actively interfere/bypass/overwrite eventhandlers.

There exist some workarounds here in this thread, but you have to get your own hands dirty with it.

Also I really don't understand why people want to bother with 10 minute "healing/reviving" in a mission that is finished in 2 hours. It is not like the mission isn't hard enough yet (and I can always make it harder).

• Like 1

Yes, there is: Deactivate the ACE Revive Module. That way it is more compatible ;)

It's not the revive system that's incompatible, its healing up with medikits and FAK's.

There is a medical module, if I turn that one off, will it allow us to use the FAK's and medikits, but still have the shrapnel and the other stuff which comes with ace?

There is a medical module, if I turn that one off, will it allow us to use the FAK's and medikits, but still have the shrapnel and the other stuff which comes with ace?

No idea. They claim that everything is modular with ACE3. That's all I know.

• Like 1

Is anyone else seeing this in their RPT?

"Escape Diaglog: No parameters found or params were updated, loading default."

started with 1.7.5

thx

Is anyone else seeing this in their RPT?

"Escape Diaglog: No parameters found or params were updated, loading default."

That is no error. Just stating that default params were loaded because "Load existing or default if not found" was selected in params.

Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that first message...

That's in addition to the Parameters Load? in the Log on the map screen.

367E6B8C86FE4DFE314C4AB784621C3A46BFE184

I was looking for issues in the RPT when I found that dialog message.

The briefing got broken when I fixed a few other bugs. Should run fine nevertheless.

Can we request for map ports here?(would really like to see this on namalsk and napf) :D

True, namalsk would be awesome :)

As Neo said, anyone can do a port and if you tell us we can include it for everyone else for future versions. More terrains are always welcome and if you change the unitclasses for other mods we can add that too. If anyone has questions about that ask away, Neo reads everything in here and I will see the Email if you write a pm.

For example Ceitho was so nice and did a version using Massis African Conflict (and NATO_RUS Weapons and Vehicles) we just added for Duala, Lingor, Porto, Capraia and Al Rayak. It will of course be in the next full release, but you can already try it in the bleeding edge repository here.

are there no empty vehicles scattered around the map? no doubt a lot of hard work went into this but it sort of feels like a hollowed out version of the original mod

What mod? The original mission didn't had scattered cars either.

oh I must be thinking of the Hulazone mod

it's also a shame the arma 3 stamina system turns this into a boring running simulator

like at least exploring without a vehicle was actually viable in arma 2

The new motor pools in the latest development builds are awesome.  I love the design of them.  I think the ammo and communication bases should be moved to that template with some tweaks, such as adding machine guns on the towers and slightly different buildings.  One thing I don't like about them is that they always have a civilian vehicle.  It doesn't make much sense that a military motor pool would have a civilian vehicle in it.  I think that should be changed so that it always spawns a light military vehicle (maybe always an unarmed one?) for the first vehicle slot, and for the second slot it has another light military vehicle with a slight chance of a heavier one. 

The new motor pools in the latest development builds are awesome.  I love the design of them.  I think the ammo and communication bases should be moved to that template with some tweaks, such as adding machine guns on the towers and slightly different buildings.  One thing I don't like about them is that they always have a civilian vehicle.  It doesn't make much sense that a military motor pool would have a civilian vehicle in it.  I think that should be changed so that it always spawns a light military vehicle (maybe always an unarmed one?) for the first vehicle slot, and for the second slot it has another light military vehicle with a slight chance of a heavier one. 

Glad you like it. Kudos to FrozenLiquidity and Abelian.

I assume the civilian car is a mistake. It should be tank+support.

The other POIs will definitly get an overhaul but one need to be careful because the placement of the comcenters is very finetuned as of now.

Yeah I figured it was an accident.  Another thing I think would be interesting would be having the vehicles in the motor pool have a little bit of damage on them.  Seeing as it's a motor pool it would make sense that they would be damaged.  If possible make it a range from lightly damaged to severely damaged?

And I was going to ask about the com centers.  On some maps they always seem to spawn in the same place.  That takes a lot of the fun of the mission out because if you know where it always spawns you can often go straight for the com center.  Can they be made completely random?

Yeah I figured it was an accident.  Another thing I think would be interesting would be having the vehicles in the motor pool have a little bit of damage on them.  Seeing as it's a motor pool it would make sense that they would be damaged.  If possible make it a range from lightly damaged to severely damaged?

Good idea! Can you be so kind and make a ticket about it and ltag it with "Escape" and assign it to me: http://phab.anzp.de/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/

(You probably need to register first)

And I was going to ask about the com centers.  On some maps they always seem to spawn in the same place.  That seems to take a lot of the fun of the mission out because if you know where it always spawns you can often go straight for the com center.  Can they be made completely random?

We decided to go for the curated comcenter positions when migrating from A2 to A3. It limits the "randomness" of the comcenters but make the placement much better. With complete random placement the comcenters might be at impossible positions.

We also have some positions we instantly know it must be a comcenter, but that positions are rare. If I am correct most terrains have ~25 possible positions and only 2-6 comcenters placed. If you ask me, that is a good middle ground between randomness and believabable placement.

middle ground

Good idea! Can you be so kind and make a ticket about it and ltag it with "Escape" and assign it to me: http://phab.anzp.de/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/

(You probably need to register first)

I tried to create the ticket but I keep getting an error saying:

You Shall Not Pass: Maniphest

You do not have permission to edit task projects.

Users with the "Can Edit Task Projects" capability:

Administrators can take this action.

We decided to go for the curated comcenter positions when migrating from A2 to A3. It limits the "randomness" of the comcenters but make the placement much better. With complete random placement the comcenters might be at impossible positions.

We also have some positions we instantly know it must be a comcenter, but that positions are rare. If I am correct most terrains have ~25 possible positions and only 2-6 comcenters placed. If you ask me, that is a good middle ground between randomness and believabable placement.

middle ground

I think it might just be Esseker then.  Our group has been playing that map a lot and every single time there's a com center near the giant radio tower in the south central part of the map.  I'll take a look myself if I see anything unusual soon.

Also, I was talking about it in the Discord server, and I've edited the UnitClasses.sqf for the Vanilla, CUP US (both Middle Eastern and European versions), and CUP USMC vs RU versions so that on the "easy" chopper difficulty it always spawns an unarmed helicopter and on the "hard" chopper difficulty it always spawns a heli armed with either forward mounted guns/rockets or door gunners depending on what's available to the faction.  I made sure the helis were the appropriate faction, although sometimes I had to use a Medivac helicopter as the unarmed one.  I've tested each variant and it works great.  I think incorporating this change into the main branch would really make the mission more enjoyable for small groups, while still keeping the challenge there for those who want it.  I can put the UnitClasses.sqf wherever it's easiest for you to incorporate into the main branch.

I'm also going to be doing some testing with lower apc counts with my group.  Would you be interested in me sending you the modified UnitClasses.sqf with the apc changes so you can try it too?  If anyone else is interested just pm me or say something here and I'll upload them. 

Loving the new updates and Escape 1.7.5. We must have played Escape for 2 hours the other night (on Veteran difficulty with enemies on hardest 7-8 players difficulty) and didn't last longer than 30 minutes each game.

The excitement of Escape Chernarus ArmA 2 is certainly there, and with the new ArmA update it is looking very sexy.

I will say I think Escape Vanilla is much harder than Escape RHS. Not sure why I wonder if it is the weapons.

I will say I think Escape Vanilla is much harder than Escape RHS. Not sure why I wonder if it is the weapons.

It is the armor value of CSAT units that makes it much harder.

how can I disable the "Revive" script in this mission? because I want to use the "ACE Medic function "