we have been finding the maps that we pick up have been randomly despawning.
We found that maps disappear on player JIP.

We found that maps disappear on player JIP.

Bwargh... I fixed that a year ago... probably the locality of item handling changed again...

Thanks for the report, I will fix it in 1.7.4.

Yeah maps and other items disappearing/not being able to be picked up seems to be really persistent with the escape altis type missions for whatever reason. As of a couple patches ago I can't pick up maps and compasses on escape roy when playing on a dedicated server. It sucks because I like playing both his version and your version and comparing the two.

Also I've never actually beat this version of escape altis, only escape roy, and I'm a little confused as to how to trigger the radio to call in for extraction. I see the radio towers, but they don't seem to be activate-able. Is it only some radio towers? Where is the actual "button" supposed to be? Something that would help with this I think would be to include a briefing when the game starts because it's nice to have something that describes the objectives, and maybe some tips and tricks too. It's especially useful for new players, who might not know what's going on, and it's easier for them to read a briefing than it is to explain the gametype every time.

Edited by Cyprus

Where is the actual "button" supposed to be?
There is a green generator-like box few meters to the right of the radio tower. Come near it and invoke usual action menu, a "Hack" option should be in it.

Hello, great job with 1.7.3! :D

I'm having some issus with the RHS variants.

When I host a RHS verision of the mission, I get the following error message (i.imgur.com/fGrHvwY.jpg).

After that, it seems like all the infantry classes have dissapeared. (i.imgur.com/9wBRyqd.jpg)

Selecting a slot and starting the game just ends me up in camera mode randomly on the map (or in the water)

No units seem to spawn except for the helicopter, and further error messages are displayed. (i.imgur.com/2sIZQDD.jpg)

I run the latest verision of Arma 3, and have tried without any other mods than RHS (which is also updated). I have no problem running other RHS missions and the vanilla verision works as it should. :confused:

Keep up the good work! ;)

Also I've never actually beat this version of escape altis, only escape roy, and I'm a little confused as to how to trigger the radio to call in for extraction. I see the radio towers, but they don't seem to be activate-able. Is it only some radio towers? Where is the actual "button" supposed to be? Something that would help with this I think would be to include a briefing when the game starts because it's nice to have something that describes the objectives, and maybe some tips and tricks too. It's especially useful for new players, who might not know what's going on, and it's easier for them to read a briefing than it is to explain the gametype every time.

Directly from the file that generates the tasks:

A3E_Task_ComCenter setSimpleTaskDescription [
  "Infiltrate a OPFOR communicationcenter, hack the comterminal (box in the middle of the comcenter) and request extraction from NATO HQ.",
  "Hack Communication Center",
  "Hack Communication Center"
];

And here are the hints (Called ""Hints (with spoilers)") in the briefing:

• A local Nato-sympathiser has hidden a bag of pistols in the temporary prison just before your arrival.
  • The guards will be alarmed, if you gear up. Prepare for a fight!
  • The start is difficulty! Even experienced squads often fail the initial escape. Just restart and try again. I believe in you!
  • The prison is placed randomly. Search for the nearest settlement and have a look at the place-name sign.
  • Ambush enemy patrols to gear up and receive a map with the enemy POIs like ammodepots and comcenters.
  • Ambush an ammodepot to get heavy weapons like sniperrifles and launchers.
  • Ambush a comcenter and hack the antenna (small metal box). Stay near the box while hacking. An engineer hacks faster!
  • After making contact with HQ, two choppers and a gunship are dispatched to pick you up at a marked position on your map.
  • Don't try to escape by boat or a captured chopper. The next island is to far away and the enemy AA is deadly for non-stealth choppers.
  • The mission is (intentionally) not easy. You probably won't make it to the choppers in the first try. Don't be upset. Try again. The mission will feel completly different.
  • A lot of stuff is dynamic/random. Also there are plenty of customization parameters for different gameplay. You should definitly try this mission several times!

When you don't see them ingame, it is probably a bug.

Hello, great job with 1.7.3! :D

I'm having some issus with the RHS variants.

When I host a RHS verision of the mission, I get the following error message (i.imgur.com/fGrHvwY.jpg).

After that, it seems like all the infantry classes have dissapeared. (i.imgur.com/9wBRyqd.jpg)

Selecting a slot and starting the game just ends me up in camera mode randomly on the map (or in the water)

No units seem to spawn except for the helicopter, and further error messages are displayed. (i.imgur.com/2sIZQDD.jpg)

I run the latest verision of Arma 3, and have tried without any other mods than RHS (which is also updated). I have no problem running other RHS missions and the vanilla verision works as it should. :confused:

Keep up the good work! ;)

Hey Anton

Are you sure your RHS is loaded and updated? I checked the classnames and they work. Maybe you (or the dedicated server if you used one?) has no RHS or you use an older version where these units and the NPZ weapons were not included. The most recent update is RHS 0.3.7, check the changelog.txt in your @RHSAFRF and @RHSUSF folders. Which mission exactly did you try?

But I found another stupid typo while checking this, so thanks again for reporting ;)

Hey Anton

Are you sure your RHS is loaded and updated? I checked the classnames and they work. Maybe you (or the dedicated server if you used one?) has no RHS or you use an older version where these units and the NPZ weapons were not included. The most recent update is RHS 0.3.7, check the changelog.txt in your @RHSAFRF and @RHSUSF folders. Which mission exactly did you try?

But I found another stupid typo while checking this, so thanks again for reporting ;)

It should be uppdated, I followed the link in the original post and uppdated it via Armaholic yesterday.

I tried the RHS verision of Escape Altis 1.7.3 :p

You need to download both seperate parts AFRF and USF. If you loaded both together from the Escalation pack it's still the older version 0.3.5, missing (among a lot of other stuff) the USMC units and NPZ rail adapters.

You need to download both seperate parts AFRF and USF. If you loaded both together from the Escalation pack it's still the older version 0.3.5, missing (among a lot of other stuff) the USMC units and NPZ rail adapters.

Oh, thx.

Will try that when I get home :)

Hello!

Thanks for the hard work and the update you have released. We've played the new mission, and everything feels just that one nice bit smoother and tighter. We've had one of the best games yet. Lovely.

Just a qquick question: with the reworked ai scripts and new ammo depot handling, is it now possible to switch entirely to a custom weapons pack (HLC)? Can i somehow make the AI use toadies guns and make the HLC guns spawn in ammo depots?

But MORE importantly, we want to use ACE medical system. Now we can get the supplies from existing loot (medic supplies, and first aid kits) but we need to remove the existing revive/drag script. We want to use the ACE implementation, and use ACE to prevent death, so that we dont die, but go unconsious. Can this be done?

cheers!

Edited by iZver

Just a qquick question: with the reworked ai scripts and new ammo depot handling, is it now possible to switch entirely to a custom weapons pack (HLC)? Can i somehow make the AI use toadies guns and make the HLC guns spawn in ammo depots?

But MORE importantly, we want to use ACE medical system. Now we can get the supplies from existing loot (medic supplies, and first aid kits) but we need to remove the existing revive/drag script. We want to use the ACE implementation, and use ACE to prevent death, so that we dont die, but go unconsious. Can this be done?

Simply said: Yes.

You can add all weapons and units to the "unitclasses.sqf", comment out the revive from the initplayerlocal.sqf. You probably have to edit the end trigger in the functions/common/fn_briefing.sqf too, to account for the different revive. You have to find out how to check in ACE, if all players are unconscious.

For the units: You need enemy units that have the weapons you want. For immersion reasons, escape is not assigning random weapons to patrols but use random patrol units (man classes). You can create your own small addon, where you setup the normal units with HLC weapons (if not already supplied by the HLC pack).

Edit: fixed. Problem was server-side.

Edited by zoomping

^^^ I'm not saying this is a solution, but any mission that has a revive script I always disable agm/cse/ace3 simply because you are going to get conflicts between their medical system and the revive script. Try turning off ace and see if that works.

^^^ I'm not saying this is a solution, but any mission that has a revive script I always disable agm/cse/ace3 simply because you are going to get conflicts between their medical system and the revive script. Try turning off ace and see if that works.

Always worked fine for us. Got the issue fixed tho, thanks.

Edited by zoomping

Hey neo and scruffy. Thanks again for your stellar support. I am spamming you a lot for this mission, and you keep patiently replying. Thanks! :D

Okay, so here's a batch of questions more:

If I wanted to add Land Rover Defenders into the game would this work:

Adding defenders to random patrols: (assuming the defender has 2 seats in front + 4 in the back)

// Random array. Vehicle classes (preferrably trucks) transporting enemy reinforcements.

a3e_arr_Escape_ReinforcementTruck_vehicleClasses = ["O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","BAF_Offroad_D"];

a3e_arr_Escape_ReinforcementTruck_vehicleClasses_Ind = ["I_Truck_02_transport_F", "I_Truck_02_covered"];

// Total cargo for reinforcement trucks. Each element corresponds to a vehicle (array element) in array a3e_arr_Escape_ReinforcementTruck_vehicleClasses above.

a3e_arr_Escape_ReinforcementTruck_vehicleClassesMaxCargo = [16, 16, 16, 16,6];

Adding defenders to roadblocks: (could you offer more documentation on this, how do I set the amount of people manning the defender? will it be a driver+gunner by default?)

// Random array. A roadblock has a manned vehicle. This array contains possible manned vehicles (can be of any kind, like cars, armored and statics).

a3e_arr_Escape_RoadBlock_MannedVehicleTypes = ["O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_HMG_01_high_F", "O_static_AT_F","BAF_Offroad_D_HMG"];

a3e_arr_Escape_RoadBlock_MannedVehicleTypes_Ind = ["I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_HMG_01_high_f", "I_static_AT_F","I_G_Offroad_01_F"];

Adding defenders to ammo depots:

// An ammo depot have one parked and empty vehicle of the following possible types.

a3e_arr_Escape_AmmoDepot_ParkedVehicleClasses = ["I_G_Offroad_01_repair_F","O_MRAP_02_F", "O_MRAP_02_gmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_Truck_02_covered_F", "O_Truck_02_ammo_F", "O_Truck_02_box_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_armed_F", "I_MRAP_03_hmg_F", "I_MRAP_03_gmg_F", "I_G_Offroad_01_F","O_Truck_03_device_F","O_Truck_03_transport_F","O_Truck_03_covered_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_fuel_F","O_Truck_03_medical_F","O_Truck_03_repair_F","LandRover_CZ_EP1","LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1","BAF_Offroad_W_HMG"];

I'm running into a pretty strange issue where it seems that AI are always killing us in one shot. We're running version 1.7.3 on an unmodded dedicated server. The AI will shoot at us and miss, but if we get hit it's an instant kill, even if we're wearing full carrier rigs. I don't see this behavior on any other missions I've played. I'll do more testing, but anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

I'm running into a pretty strange issue where it seems that AI are always killing us in one shot. We're running version 1.7.3 on an unmodded dedicated server. The AI will shoot at us and miss, but if we get hit it's an instant kill, even if we're wearing full carrier rigs. I don't see this behavior on any other missions I've played. I'll do more testing, but anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

found this bug as well. I assumed it was a random headshot. I also assumed it may be something with my modset. But this is defenitely occuring.

found this bug as well. I assumed it was a random headshot. I also assumed it may be something with my modset. But this is defenitely occuring.

We never experienced this (Escape behaves like vanilla Arma).

It is true that you can take a little less damage with the revive in contrast vanilla, but it is only 1% (revive kicks in, when you take damage over 0.99).

There can be two reasons for this:

- Other mods

- You are taking the vests from some guards/patrols which have nearly zero armor value.

Well as I've said I have all mods disabled on both the server and client, so it can't be that, unless there's some weird mod loading bugs happening, which I've had problems with before. I did notice that it's not a headshot 100% of the time, but so far from the last few days of testing there's only been one time where I've been shot and lived. The other night when I was playing with a few friends we were getting one hit killed from 100+ meters away. Yeah they would miss, but if it was ever a hit it was always a one shot kill. Almost everyone was wearing full carrier rigs, and I made sure that I was personally.

Well as I've said I have all mods disabled on both the server and client, so it can't be that, unless there's some weird mod loading bugs happening, which I've had problems with before. I did notice that it's not a headshot 100% of the time, but so far from the last few days of testing there's only been one time where I've been shot and lived. The other night when I was playing with a few friends we were getting one hit killed from 100+ meters away. Yeah they would miss, but if it was ever a hit it was always a one shot kill. Almost everyone was wearing full carrier rigs, and I made sure that I was personally.

Maybe just bad luck? We played yesterday again with RHS units and I got hit several times without dying (with some FAKs between the hits, of course).

Also keep in mind that in the current version the AI is still at skill 1, which means your max AI settings in the difficulty level are applied directly.

The difficulty settings as applied by the server or in the mission parameters? I've tried setting enemy skill in the mission parameters down to cadet and that didn't seem to help.

The difficulty settings as applied by the server or in the mission parameters? I've tried setting enemy skill in the mission parameters down to cadet and that didn't seem to help.

That is a known bug that is already resolved in unreleased 1.7.4: The difficulty is not applied and insteadt set to 1. So the AI will have the max server settings as skill.

Hmm interesting. I figured something was up with that. I normally play with a modified .arma3profile file. When I deleted it and let the game create one and tested with that profile the issue seemed to be reduced. If you don't mind, can I see your .arma3profile file for your dedicated server and test with it?

Here's what mine normally looks like:

version=2;

activeKeys[]=

{

"BIS_[COOP%201-6]%20Stress%20Fortress%20-%20Altis.Altis_done"

};

class Difficulties

{

class recruit

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

MineTag=1;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

ExtendedInfoType=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.60000002;

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=1;

EnemyTag=0;

MineTag=1;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=0;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=1;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

DeathMessages=1;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

ExtendedInfoType=1;

};

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

Armor=0;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

MineTag=1;

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

HUDGroupInfo=1;

AutoSpot=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

UltraAI=0;

CameraShake=0;

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

ExtendedInfoType=0;

};

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

class mercenary

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

AutoSpot=0;

WeaponCursor=0;

DeathMessages=0;

NetStats=1;

VonID=1;

};

skillEnemy=0.60000002;

precisionFriendly=0.28;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

};

};

difficulty="veteran";

singleVoice=0;

maxSamplesPlayed=96;

playedKeys[]=

{

"sweepkey"

};

sceneComplexity=1000000;

shadowZDistance=100;

viewDistance=3000;

preferredObjectViewDistance=3000;

terrainGrid=12.5;

volumeCD=10;

volumeFX=10;

volumeSpeech=10;

volumeVoN=10;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

hmm well Leights OpFor has just been updated to version 1.0 and all LOP missions are now broken due to new faction names and classes. Sorry to say this NEO but you probably got some editing to do. I my self have to go through 16 missions alone from our squad and re add the appropriate units.