BIS_Wizard

Official Arma 3 Launcher (dev branch)

167 posts in this topic

Hi Wizard,

Thanks for the feedback.

I basically wanted the MOVE option to automatically copy and then unsubscribe a mod without me interfering but noted on the way Steam sees files on my local HD.

Please note MOST steam accounts are single user affairs especially with ARMA. I don't really think many users share ARMA on the same PC and especially would have it on different PCs even in the same household. Can't imagine all the fights that would occur when the home family wants to LAN up or get online together! :D

Lastly, I have tried switching to 1.60 RC, 1.66 actual and 1.67 DEV (current) and the !workshop issue is still there.

I did a test to help narrow it down though - I tried to connect a server that I did not have the mods installed via the launcher's online server finder. Selected the options to download both mods and it did initiate the Steam Client to download the mods (both Steam and A3L opened, side by side to check).

Once the mod actually finishes downloading, the A3L still sits there on the online server mod selection screen waiting for it to finish.

But if I close that A3L window, click on MODs, it would show up with its long numerical number folder as I had a "added" it to the watch folder list.

!workshop link is never created even though that folder resides directly on the same SDD as ARMA 3 and all all mods.

I know Foxhound had encountered this issue and I believe he fixed it by buying ARMA 3 again or installing it onto another computer just to sync Steam Workshop mods! :(

Hi Valken,

I've sent you a private message this morning, did you received it?

1 person likes this

Is it intended behavior that I have to select my Arma 3 Unit every single time I start the launcher?

The field resets to empty every time I close the launcher.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Is it intended behavior that I have to select my Arma 3 Unit every single time I start the launcher?

The field resets to empty every time I close the launcher.

Cheers

Hi,

thanks, I'll investigate, I can't tell off the top of my head if its desired or not at the moment (if it's not checked it works as 'keep the unit selection as it was' because selected unit is saved in the users profile and he/she might changed it in the game).

The latest launcher version is missing Malden in the "World" startup parameter. ;)

It's been a while now for me that the mod-sets are always marked as changed (the yellow asterix), and that the launcher does not minimize when the game start.

Hello BIS_Wizard,

I've got following issue: Every time I want to load the mod set of our server via the launcher it says "Signature mismatch", event though the mods on the server are up to date and from the Steam Workhop.

This is especially annoying because one can actually join without any errors.

The path to the mods on the server is /root/mods/@mod_x, where @mod_x is not the original name of the mod when downloaded from the workshop since we have to shorten them (limitation of the webinterface we use)

Could that cause the issue?

Let me know if you need more information, logs, etc.

my favorites and recently played keep vanishing from launcher. internet search is working.

as far as I remember it started 2 days ago. I have not made any changes. 

windows 10 

checked integrity.

sorry I don't have much more information. 

On ‎03‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 11:42 PM, R3vo said:

Hello BIS_Wizard,

I've got following issue: Every time I want to load the mod set of our server via the launcher it says "Signature mismatch", event though the mods on the server are up to date and from the Steam Workhop.

This is especially annoying because one can actually join without any errors.

The path to the mods on the server is /root/mods/@mod_x, where @mod_x is not the original name of the mod when downloaded from the workshop since we have to shorten them (limitation of the webinterface we use)

Could that cause the issue?

Let me know if you need more information, logs, etc.

Hi,

try to (re)move the file %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher\bisignCache.nson to clear the signatures cache.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

my favorites and recently played keep vanishing from launcher. internet search is working.

as far as I remember it started 2 days ago. I have not made any changes. 

windows 10 

checked integrity.

sorry I don't have much more information. 

Hi,

could you please open Servers window in your Steam client (View/Servers) and look at Favorites and History tabs and filter them to show Arma 3 servers? Launcher should display the exactly same servers as it uses Steam as the source for the list (with the exception of the servers marked as <not responding> - those are not displayed by Launcher at all).

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Hi,

could you please open Servers window in your Steam client (View/Servers) and look at Favorites and History tabs and filter them to show Arma 3 servers? Launcher should display the exactly same servers as it uses Steam as the source for the list (with the exception of the servers marked as <not responding> - those are not displayed by Launcher at all).

ahh so it would be a steam issue. cheers wizard i'll look into it.

3 hours ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Hi,

try to (re)move the file %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher\bisignCache.nson to clear the signatures cache.

Didn't do anything for me =/

uoVyDRs.png

@R3vo could you please PM the files from %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher and %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher\Logs ?

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, BIS_Wizard said:

@R3vo could you please PM the files from %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher and %localappdata%\Arma 3 Launcher\Logs ?

Done

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Done

Thank you. The issue is that the signature list is truncated and there was an error in the dialog that caused the notification about it was not visible. The fix will be released with the next update of the dev-branch.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, BIS_Wizard said:

Thank you. The issue is that the signature list is truncated and there was an error in the dialog that caused the notification about it was not visible. The fix will be released with the next update of the dev-branch.

You are awesome, thanks for that quick fix! ;)