Crielaard

Lowlandswarrior RNLAF AH-64D Apache

Hi,

I'm having real problems getting the clickable cockpit to work in the first AH-64D Apache Longbow mission? I can't get User Control 20 (as directed in the manual) to do anything in the game? I mapped it to Left Control via the Config>Controls>Custom menu, that didn't work.

So i tried mapping it to another key (`) but it came up as the ` key plus some Saitek Stick controller that i don't even own?

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals and TrackIR connected (TrackIR not switched on at the time of trying this mission). Head tracking is turned on, if i turn it off i get NO mouse cursor at all in the cockpit or external view and moving my mouse moves the pitch on the main rotors!!!! WTF?? My Joystick and Throttle and Rudder are properly set up in the main config menu for Helicopter Controls i.e. Cyclic and Collective, Tail rotor etc.

All i have in cockpit is the little green x as a mouse cursor, it brings up the Helper text when i hover it over a switch but left or right clicking does nothing? This is after hitting Left Ctl, holding Left Ctl down or holding it down while left of right clicking on the switch? What am i supposed to be doing here?

Am i missing something here?

Please, somebody help?

Many thanks.

I think u r referring to the Franze/Nodunit Apache...

Hi, 

I'm having real problems getting the clickable cockpit to work in the first AH-64D Apache Longbow mission? I can't get User Control 20 (as directed in the manual) to do anything in the game?  I mapped it to Left Control via the Config>Controls>Custom menu, that didn't work.  

So i tried mapping it to another key (`) but it came up as the ` key plus some Saitek Stick controller that i don't even own?  

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals and TrackIR connected (TrackIR not switched on at the time of trying this mission).  Head tracking is turned on, if i turn it off i get NO mouse cursor at all in the cockpit or external view and moving my mouse moves the pitch on the main rotors!!!!  WTF??  My Joystick and Throttle and Rudder are properly set up in the main config menu for Helicopter Controls i.e. Cyclic and Collective, Tail rotor etc.

All i have in cockpit is the little green x as a mouse cursor, it brings up the Helper text when i hover it over a switch but left or right clicking does nothing?  This is after hitting Left Ctl, holding Left Ctl down or holding it down while left of right clicking on the switch?  What am i supposed to be doing here?

Am i missing something here?

Please, somebody help?

Many thanks.

Hahahaha

I take this as a great compliment. :D

This mod has no clickable cockpit.

An TOKH type of system is what we do have in mind for a future version.

@minimi66

We did not make this mod with SP in mind so any showcase mission we make will be very pre-scripted.

There will be a near future release where I will make some sort of a showcase mission though.

Im not going to make it before xmas. But trust me, we are working on it.

• Like 1

LMAO!!

My bad, big time!!

Too many Apache's in my life?

Oh well, best i mosy on over to the right forum and re-post then!

Merry Xmas everyone, glad i brought some laughter to your days!  

• Like 1

Help required to fix a bug.

Our testers get massive FPS drops when a Hellfire is launched, until it explodes. There is no problem when you are in the apache but people that stand outsid,e FPS easily drops under 10 for any machine.

Any clue where to start lookin??

Already checked the RTP?

We had a similar problem a while ago and the RTP showed there was a script executed repeatedly on every client looking for a specific file which did not exist resulting in fps drops.

I looked and did not found anything.

So far I removed a BIS fnc. but have not been able to test yet.

What file was it looking for in your case?

SITREP

US and UK version will not be supported by Lowlands Warrior anymore. Others will take care of it. The ones that got the files know who Im talking about.

A Debinarised version of the files will be shared with specific other groups.

The RNLAF variant from Lowlands Warrior specific has made amazing leaps the last two weeks!

- Rockts and Hellfires will now leave the rail at the correct angle (As pylons travel with the turret)

- The feature above makes the rockets an 80% Gunner job, Thus rocket controls are now transfered to CPG

- Hellfires will come with an LOAL mode

- HMD with Hover, Trans. and Cruise mode (Automatically switching)

- HMD changes due to new weapon features

- Sound fixes

- Damage model fixes

- 3d model fixes

- Config fixes

We can give our enemies a banging new year with this!

If there is anything that you would like to see desperately, now is the time to remind me your feature request. We may implement it.

• Like 1

I got a PM asking me about a possible next release. Here is my response.

I was held off doing the things I wanted to do, due to work.

The next release will have some very cool featres like pitching rocket pods and Hellfire LOAL mode.

I want to make some little things work properly (like the controls synced with the hand movement and a propper manual for all the features.

I'm getting so many request that I may do a US version anyway. But I will probably pass support for that to the USAF mod.

So sorry gentlemen. But more Apache goodness IS comming. I promisse.

btw. The thing about FullerJP's USAF mod. That hasnt been formally discussed with him yet. haha

So Fuller, supprise! ;)

Little update!

We are postponing the new release because we have some new features we want to add before the upcomming release

Still happy with the current version?

Here are some features that are worth waiting for:

in addition to the features above...

- Working PNVS, which tracks your head position!

- PNVS HMD symbology

- PNVS turret animated accordingly

- Pilot/gunner animations when switching controls

- Longbow variant with actual longbow radar functionality

Suppriiiiiise!!!!!

Yes the longbow. We will add a class that carrier Lima hellfires and has a longbow radar that actually scans from yhe mast, for terrain masking.

You will be able to reveal targets in a 98 degree angle in your front arc. Up to 8km. You can then lock and loft hellfires over a mountain.

And...it will be as INACCURATE as in real life. ;)

Hi Neptune!  Would like to request something that a lot of people liked to see a long time to ago:  The ability to move the gun with the Track IR -5 .

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152383-possible-to-sync-trackirview-controls-to-chopper-gun/

It would be quite useful,they think.  Much interesting to see,what this will bring.

Could you make a much better fx-file for the dispersion and effects for the gun-the best seen is from Armscore mod`s A-109 helo.

- Working PNVS, which tracks your head position!    This might be linking the gun to you`re head ,if the gun tracks

the line of sight it has.

Edited by john1

Hi John,

I have been trying this since the beginning of the LLW Apache project. But I came to the conclusion it cannot be done. Unless someone proves me otherwise. Commands to animate gun turrets one way or the other are overridden by the aiming direction of the gunner.. In the model.cfg this is the "maingun" source.

IF someone pushes me in the right direction on how to do it, it will be one of the first things to be implemented.

P.S. The PNVS will indeed follow your Track-IR movement

• Like 1

Can you somehow turn the pilot into a gunner?  Or use a proxy,create a inviz 3:rd guy and turn him into an gunner,make his input be you`re inputs,control him=control of the gun?

The best I know how to explain it....

Or build it upon Feint mod ?  

Share a script or config you have come up with. Since as far as I know a gunner cant control a vehicle at the same time.

Can you elaborate what you mean with build it on Feint mod.

Can you somehow turn the pilot into a gunner?  Or use a proxy,create a inviz 3:rd guy and turn him into an gunner,make his input be you`re inputs,control him=control of the gun?

The best I know how to explain it....

Or build it upon Feint mod ?  

I brought that issue up with ADuke and it's not possible without heavy scripting. i.e. at the core setup of Arma 3 (and OFP I would say) that it's not doable. Either you pilot or you get in the Gunner slot and shoot boresight (where the gun is pointed) but that's about it. You can enable manual fire of course so he/she has control of the gun but a human/Ai player has to be in that slot. ArmaLogic says (as well as in real life) that a Pilot flies the aircraft, and is in command of the aircraft, he or she has no business gunning while flying as it would cause serious issues (disorientation due to targeting system point somewhere else) and so on. That's why the series hasn't implemented Pilots with CP/G features.

By the by, I know some of you who don't know ADuke, but he's been doing a lot of helicopter work far longer than I have, so if a man like him says something like that, then it'd be a good idea to not push it.

Next version is being tested by the Lowlands Warrior team. (103SF and VAP). There are some loose ends which dont make it worth releasing yet.

It is asif the output of 'this' and eith that 'driver this' has changed. Atleast weird stuff is happening with the PNVS Script. Hold your breath! Its almost here!

• Like 4

Hey Neptune, Thanks again for the Great aircraft and active WIP.

couple of things as I can see digging through the forum. 

Is the Custom User Key binding for the LASER on / off still in the works ? is it something we could do or I could try to help with ?  This coupled with either flashing a "Hint" or an indication would be awesome.

Is it ok if I try to use Shadows RWCO in conjunction with your apache ? would have to add the class to the list however I really think adding LOAL/LOBL modes would be very nice. I know you stated that you wanted to stray from heavily scripted items. Just wondering if you have tried this yet with yours

Lastly have you had problems running on a dedicated server with Lag and severe frame rate drops when firing the Hellfires ? could not really replicate on a locally hosted map in VR with several players however on our dedicated server noticed a very sever drop for about 6-10 seconds.

Keep up the Great Work Thanks again. Ill be looking forwards to your next update. Also I work with several Active Apache Pilots. If you have any questions I can try to help you out.  Would love to help contribute.

Laser button is implemented in the latest version. In the public release aswell IIRC. As in real life you can see the laser is active on the TADS overlay. A diagonal cross overlaps the crosshair.

I know Shadow from RWCO well. An modified version will be inplemented in the next release. Which is being postponed over and over again because of grat new features!

The lag is a known issue of the last public release and is fixed in the curreny build. It has something to do with the hellfire locking system.

• Like 1

Very nice thanks. pardon my ignorance but in the current release how does one turn off/on the laser ? I tried "L" the default laser key when a different weapon is selected. I also triend the first couple of custom user key bindings.  EIther when in Front or rear seat it seems i cannot turn on the laser with any current button I have tried.  Still for me the only way I can seem to turn it on is in the front gunner seat, Select TADS and then cycle to LASER and pickle the weapon.  

So what button am I missing for the laser ?

another thing, I noticed that the Landing Lights / IR Anti-Collision and Nav lights are automatic. The Action menu and buttons are ineffective at turning them on and off as they are scripted for speeds. In combat if in a hover landing lights come on. and there is no way to use just anti collision lights over 75km/h as they turn off. 

Is this supposed to be like this or is there a way that  I can manually over ride the lighting system

Thanks again 

Cant wait for the next release !

• Like 1

Seagul fastforward in the public release if I remember correctly.

Collision and nav lights have been disabled. It's functionality is used for HMD symbology. So you wont see lights. (If you do now, in the public release. In the next all lights will be disabled)

Remember the HMD is showing KNOTS as speed not Kmh!

<10 kts = Hover mode symbology

> 10 kts = Transition mode symbology

> 90 kt = Cruise mode symbology

Will check Seagull FF for laser activation.

Glad that everything is knots, really appreciate the conversion. Hopefully BI will take note for aircraft in next release.

Didnt see a readme sorry for all the questions. So basically we will not have contol of the lighting systems from thisbpoint forward as your using the scripting as switches with the HMD ? Was that intended or just the only way to implement different flight modes ? Sad to see user control of lighting gone.

Thanks again

Shrike

Readme will come soon.

Lighting will come back in a different way. Shortcut keys like the laser.

The way it's done now was the only way to change HMD symbology based on speed. 90% of the community will otherwise not ude or know about the functions at all. So that is also the reason we automated it. IRL its a switch. On the Cyclic if I remember correctly.