Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Make Arma Not War - Winners

No, just if the they mixed the mission file or not. One quick message from one jury member. That would be great start.

Considering that the current BI guys were only a third of the vote, you'd have to track down all the other judges who could have outvoted them... and the rules of the vote actually worked more or less exactly like sha9ow's image meme.

No, just if the they mixed the mission file or not. One quick message from one jury member. That would be great start.

What about a bit of Sisu?

Winning is winning if all had the equal changes. That is what I am after. If competition played fairly, I totally find my sisu with the result. But was it?

I would assume judges just submitted scores and that's it. Probably they took some brief notes while testing,

yet this might not have been done digitally and stored. So aside from all other reasons why they wont give

any details that problem is enough.

I can assure you it was the correct mission file chap.

I can assure you it was the correct mission file chap.

Ok, thank you. Well I guess the jury didnt just like it enough. Just suprised.

Edited by SaOk

Week after deadline uploaded new mission version with sling loading feature that wouldnt have worked with the MANW build. Got worried it was used which would have cause massive errors and most of the scripts wouldnt even have started.

I hope noone got the dynamic sandbox part too seriously. Just meant that as ideally sandbox consept would have more potential but of course it not automatically better. Will need to play other entries through. Only questioning jury's quality, not entries. And of course BIS could reward the entries they wanted. Just seeing the way very poor especially in MP and SP category. Much high quality MP modes were just left to pier even before finals, some very suprising small modes were taken in. Also without forgetting there was one group reporting their entry wasnt tested at all in dedicated server unless IP's lie. Also I spotted bis members testing my WLA COOP 10 minutes unless there was bigger testing in hidden. Just didnt look professional way to handle the competition at all.

If you tested each enties good and fair, I am sorry. But if its the way as it seems to me. Its extreme shamefull and unforgivable toward the many creators. And I am not alone with these thoughts. The others just dont want make fool of themselves since there is no way to win.

Now that this this contest is over, can we merge this forum as a subforum under the arma 3 subforum rather than having it as an entirely separate forum?

Ok, thank you. Well I guess the jury didnt just like it enough. Just suprised.

i remember on the twitch livestream one of the devs talking about WLA and how it was a 'sure thing' in the contest, but wasn't sure if it was on the cards as far as voting due to other considerations and marketing being important. could be a conspiracy ...

If that is true, it tells everything. Can it get more cheap?

Yeah, for sure it's a conspiracy. Obviously the other entries are bullshit and WLA was the only possibly winner...

It's just sad to see what sore of a loser you are. You even took the time to make your ridiculous signature pic, although it was stated several times that community votes didn't matter to determine the winner. Most people stop throwing tantrums once they are old enough to go to school.

You should have done it for fun, not for money.

I have stated also many times that I know the votes didnt matter and that other entries were very great stuff. There is much people missing my point, throwing lies and not seeing full picture. I do mission editing as fun hobby, but in that competition was fully after money.

I am sure you folks would take things lightly if in my position. Its easy to throw stones. My entry was the only one dropping out of that high vote ratio. If I have had half less votes, would have understood.

You prepare work for year. Then with three steps dropping out - players say 434vs307, jury say no. Players say 434vs195, jury say no. Players say 434vs163, jury say no. Thats a clear example of discrimination.

Would have exited the community weeks ago since will never stomach this stupid MANW, but enjoying the editor/game too much and dont want to let WLA players down. And still much nice folks to communicate here even in BIS or very near of it. I am not mad at near any BIS workers, only for the unknown chap(s) that decided the extreme poor result. There could have been mention the Presentation was basically only criteria that mattered, not the Technical quality, Originality and Experience that I focused on.

As final example of poor judging Task Force Arrowhead Radio won over ACRE. Its like if orginal Mona Lisa painting would be burned if someone make copy of it with more dense eyebrows. All credit the TFAR team, but I dont think that clear consept copying should be rewarded like that. Copy of orginal + hat, is not better than orginal.

But moving on, want to stay as far away from MANW memories as possible.

Edited by SaOk

Closing - this thread has now run its course.