Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Make Arma Not War - Winners

Cant wait to see the result. :hyper: Have been a long journey.

They're all winners!

Thanks to them so are all ARMA players :D

Nice to hear, can't wait! Too many really amazing projects though, must have been hard to pick favourites. So, question is: Will there be a buffet? :D

Looking forward to hearing the results......

Good Luck to everyone involved.....:bounce3:

Will the jury explain their motivations for their choices? Explain why they picked this one or why they didn't pick the other one?

Would be interesting :)

Will the jury explain their motivations for their choices? Explain why they picked this one or why they didn't pick the other one?

+1

we expect to see a reason, not just the winner ;)

Unfortunately not (at least not tomorrow) :(

Please note (as described in the rules) that the jury members distributed their points independently, and the summation of those points selected the winners - rather than a discussion among the jury members leading to some unanimous decision.

Unfortunately not (at least not tomorrow) :(

Please note (as described in the rules) that the jury members distributed their points independently, and the summation of those points selected the winners - rather than a discussion among the jury members leading to some unanimous decision.

There's a risk here for some backlash. These are all adults and adults deserve explanations. Not just....oh well..good luck next time.

The excitement level is high though :):eek:

Well, I'd say he just explained it. The one with the most points wins it. I guess that's the best way to do it and it gives a fair outcome. It would be hard to get an unanimous decision with a lare group. People value things differently. Is good atmosphere better than clean code? Quality vs quantity? Etc...

I imagine it's not easy being in this jury. There are many excellent submissions in this contest which deserve to win. Unfortunately there can only be one.

Good luck to all contestants and thanks for the many hours of fun I was able to spend with your work!

Hi guys - steady your nerves - we're nearly there! Good luck, feels nice to be able to say, I genuinely feel a sense of camaraderie with you all! Win, lose, whatever - you chaps rock!

Yes, good luck everyone. :) The results can be anything. I hope jury liked to try the entries. I can be dissapointed tommorrow, but the best medicine will be some more arma editing. :ftvsmilie1:

Too late to wish good luck ;)

But thanks to all the guys and teams involved in it who provided the community a large scale of quality work!

I hope that the mods participating will continue development even after the announcement tomorrow.

I hope that the mods participating will continue development even after the announcement tomorrow.
Personally I believe that there was a correlation between "likelihood of this mod being continued even after the finalists' and winners' announcements" and how the jury ranked the entries, if only because the likely ones probably came off as less slapdash...

Well, I turned in a Beta on deadline and my project hit the final stage by now. However, I've stepped down efforts post-deadline and cut one or two features I was unsure to implement. Still, development continues - slower, but it does. I guess many people needed a break after working really hard on their projects in the weeks before deadline. :)

Well, I turned in a Beta on deadline and my project hit the final stage by now. However, I've stepped down efforts post-deadline and cut one or two features I was unsure to implement. Still, development continues - slower, but it does. I guess many people needed a break after working really hard on their projects in the weeks before deadline. :)

A break was indeed in order and after a few weeks of hiatus we continued with a bit more relaxed pace. Also there has been a couple of major design revamps and so on but continuing strong and with even more features on the list we want to try out. :D

Edited by HorribleGoat

Today's the day, isn't it. Good luck to all involved.

I hope you have given them the address's to send the cheques too. ;)

Nothing, so far... and office hours are soon over... Come on! Don't keep this suspence up! :P

At least the Healthcare in Danger award is to be announced at 15:00 GMT+1: https://twitter.com/HCIDproject

Can't wait. Also can't focus on getting anything done at work here. Damn you, limbic system! :D