Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen DLC Developer Diaries

To provide a more in-depth perspective on development, Bohemia Interactive deployed a two-part series of developer diaries about the upcoming Arma 3 Marksmen DLC.

Exploring the new weapons and supporting platform features, in the first

. Arma 3's Creative Director Jay Crowe, Project Lead Joris-Jan van ’t Land, and Encoding Lead Petr Kolar discuss the vision behind the Marksmen DLC, its development process, and the contribution it makes to the Arma 3 sandbox.

The second developer diary, which we released today, takes a closer look at the new showcase scenarios, training courses and firing drills, Virtual Garage, the new End Game multiplayer mode, and some of the experimental multiplayer systems.

More info can be found on the Arma 3 website.

Edited by Korneel
The second Marksmen DLC Developer Diary has been released!

Very nice! These are always most welcome.

Maybe something to consider tho, as of some time ago, YouTube changed their compression algorithm to something not-so-good, and the blurriness it introduced takes away some of the pro-feel that you have in your videos, maybe you could use Vimeo along or instead of YT?

Cool! I have a suggestion tho - maybe Jay Crowe should look at the camera next time when he welcomes and says goodbye to the viewers. It looks weird that he's saying it to the interviewer off screen

Great stuff, hope to see more dev comments in the future!

I hope there's a definite distinction between 'resting' and 'deployed' otherwise bipods won't be worth using.

Doesn't seem like enough recoil hip-firing the machine guns...

I hope there's a definite distinction between 'resting' and 'deployed' otherwise bipods won't be worth using.

Doesn't seem like enough recoil hip-firing the machine guns...

Yea , exactly - it needs more recoil for both Machine guns

OT: Wow Robert, you signed up one day before me!!!! :p

...9 years ago... :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity do I have to get back on dev branch for the new model additions to accommodate existing ones for the Marksmen DLC?

The second developer diary for the upcoming Arma 3 Marksmen DLC has been released!

It's incredible how much content you guys deliver besides great game updates, I mean, we have SPOTREPS, SITREPS, BOUNCEREPS [...] and developer diaries.

I just want to say thanks for all the effort, just to give us a look behind the scenes.

It's incredible how much content you guys deliver besides great game updates, I mean, we have SPOTREPS, SITREPS, BOUNCEREPS [...] and developer diaries.

I just want to say thanks for all the effort, just to give us a look behind the scenes.

Don't forget about the Britrep! Also, were those open doors on an orca in that video?

I enjoyed this videos, they are informative and very interesting thanks arma devs. :thumbsup:

New dlc is about comms and how you work as a group together alas the von has been bust for a year now so how does that play into the dlc release ? Is it fixed or still 'known about' but no fix on the horizon ? I really don't understand how you can sell this yet still want everyone who doesn't use team speak and private servers to enjoy it. Less time on xreps and more time on fixing the fundamentals please. Xx

New dlc is about comms and how you work as a group together alas the von has been bust for a year now so how does that play into the dlc release ? Is it fixed or still 'known about' but no fix on the horizon ? I really don't understand how you can sell this yet still want everyone who doesn't use team speak and private servers to enjoy it. Less time on xreps and more time on fixing the fundamentals please. Xx

I can agree with this. A better version or update of VON would be good, it's mainly the reason i type all the time instead of chatting over side chat, or even group. It lags too much.

Dev inside look revealed that they mocaped weapon resting positions.I wonder how does that tie in blending animations and how

did programming animators handle that.Worthy of the OPREP with tap on the back included!

...Also, were those open doors on an orca in that video?

Yep. That's been there in the background since like 2012, though.

hello i have a question,. just tested some guns on server,.. and i found that little machine guns such as Vermin, PDW2000, Scorpion have the same recoil as big guns and MG,. and question is WHY !!!???? who tell you dear Devs that small gun can be with so big recoil ? have you tasted this little and great guns before this last update? Bipods is good everything looks good new guns and etc,.. but what about small guns !! :( what about a future ?? you gonna kill arma?,.. you gona kill this game !!!?? , than you will die first !

Edited by keeper

hello i have a question,. just tested some guns on server,.. and i found that little machine guns such as Vermin, PDW2000, Scorpion have the same recoil as big guns and MG,. and question is WHY !!!???? who tell you dear Devs that small gun can be with so big recoil ? have you tasted this little and great guns before this last update? Bipods is good everything looks good new guns and etc,.. but what about small guns !! :( what about a future ?? you gonna kill arma?,.. you gona kill this game !!!?? , than you will die first !

Yeah....what?:Oo: