Good call, thanks.

4 hours ago, metalcraze said:

Let's not even start about the general idea of mixing old planes instead of using realistic super-modern prototypes. Because it would totally make sense that NATO will take F/A-18 and mix it with cancelled F-22 to produce something better.

There's under-the-hood differences, albeit minor right now (i.e. the CSAT jet has one more weapon station overall when both jets are using the underwing pylons, the NATO jet is slightly 'stealthier' on IR and has one more internal station when both jets omit the underwing pylons). As for the visual of "take F/A-18 and mix it with cancelled F-22"... I vaguely recall the original Black Wasp basically being "F/A-18 2035" so this actually felt consistent, especially if buying the original Black Wasp model rights from John_Spartan and Saul wasn't on the table.

4 minutes ago, chortles said:

There's under-the-hood differences, albeit minor right now (i.e. the CSAT jet has one more weapon station overall when both jets are using the underwing pylons, the NATO jet is slightly 'stealthier' on IR and has one more internal station when both jets omit the underwing pylons). As for the visual of "take F/A-18 and mix it with cancelled F-22"... I vaguely recall the original Black Wasp basically being "F/A-18 2035" so this actually felt consistent, especially if buying the original Black Wasp model rights from John_Spartan and Saul wasn't on the table.

the CSAT variants of the vehicles in Arma 3 have always been more weapon based in some way.

Take a look at the Xian vs the Blackfish. The blackfish: used for vehicle transport, but could be used for gas or gun runs in the armed variant. BUT the Xian: Seriously fast, more armaments.

Then the Nephron? Super fast, awesome armaments, and you can easily take anything out from the sky to the ground. The A-10 (or wipeout...) is super slow and you're lucky to engage safely against air contacts, probably best for a slow cas run at best. 

42 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

the CSAT variants of the vehicles in Arma 3 have always been more weapon based in some way.

Take a look at the Xian vs the Blackfish. The blackfish: used for vehicle transport, but could be used for gas or gun runs in the armed variant. BUT the Xian: Seriously fast, more armaments.

Then the Nephron? Super fast, awesome armaments, and you can easily take anything out from the sky to the ground. The A-10 (or wipeout...) is super slow and you're lucky to engage safely against air contacts, probably best for a slow cas run at best. 

I'll have you know, the Wipeout can out turn every other jet, including some mod jets. Then it's free rein with its main cannon. Of course, it shouldn't be this way, but it just is. Feels like a light turbo prop.

• Like 1

I see you got some options for the panels and sutff there, i dont have that when i fly the planes? :/ Like that "Right panel next" and such.

You may want to check if you already have bound the panels to some keys. I guess it will be removed from the action menu when this is the case to avoid cluttering.

i hope tha that the Blue CSAT camo will be avalaible also for the Neophron is very cute

• Like 1

Not sure of best place to report this but I've bought the DLC bundle 2 and also get the purchase nag message and am unable to connect to new drone. Bought through BIS site - assume it's like last time and will take time to enable - unless anyone has any ideas? Cheers

1 hour ago, zukov said:

i hope tha that the Blue CSAT camo will be avalaible also for the Neophron is very cute

Not sure, the PLA CSAT are not the same. That blue camo is likely their Pacific theatre scheme. However, the To-199 did have a flat grey scheme for one of their Squadron units. I would love that to become available

art_jet.jpg

I just love those throttle animations. All the little details add to the immersion.

Also I think they did something with terrain optimization when in flight. Having high FPS with maxed view distance. (offline)

Nah, large view distance in single player always give decent FPS, even on not so great Pc's. Online is a completely different movie unfortunately. Hahahaha, I wish it wasn't the case. I hope some day we can have unlimited view distance and the performance between offline and online would remain unchanged.

2 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Nah, large view distance in single player always give decent FPS, even on not so great Pc's.

I wish there was a way to have flat terrain draft visible through any view distance. Like a 2D flat map that shows through view distance fog.

This would give us indication of where we are flying.

• Like 3

Wrapping up the overview. Cheers again BO1

• Like 3

10 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

I'll have you know, the Wipeout can out turn every other jet, including some mod jets. Then it's free rein with its main cannon. Of course, it shouldn't be this way, but it just is. Feels like a light turbo prop.

One thing that helps the Wipeout turn inside other jets is it's speed...that coupled with a large straight wing with lots of wing loading (not the bombs, but the surface area to create lift load of flight) makes this a great turner...but it also has trade-offs.  For one, it's slow and can't turn and run, or extend for a reset or missile shot on an adversary.  The Wipeout also has a huge radar cross-section which makes it easier to spot on radar.  Realistically, the Wipeout (and the A-10 Warthog) were designed to be used against ground forces with lots of F-15Cs overhead clearing the skies of any bandits!

8 hours ago, venthorror said:

I wish there was a way to have flat terrain draft visible through any view distance. Like a 2D flat map that shows through view distance fog.

This would give us indication of where we are flying.

Although you can push it up to say 12,000 meters...I recommend 6,000 in Air, 5,000 in vehicle and 4,000 on foot.  For in game settings, I recommend Overall: 8,000, Object: 5,000 and Shadow: 100 with your individual settings in reality to your processing capability.  A good thing to do is "Auto Detect" which places things a little higher than they should be, and then notch things down from there.  Right now, I have a mix of Ultra, Very High, and High mostly, with a few normal and low settings for things that don't benefit the experience.  My specs are below.  I get 30-50 FPS on Wasteland, 70-100 FPS in single-player, and around 60 FPS when hosting small CO-OP groups!

-----------------------

Win7Pro 64Bit

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz

16GB DDR3 Ram 1600 MHz

EVGA Nvidia GTX-980 For The Win w/4GB DDR5 RAM

Well done jeza top quality art as ever

• Like 3

I know This is a bit of a request, but some, including myself, have found that with so many items and options being available in the jet DLC, it's becoming crowded with key bindings And scroll wheel options. So for jets, can we put some of the not so important interactions inside the cockpit to free up some space and confusion/key binding clutter? For example, Landing Auto Pilot, Lights on, Collision Lights, Engine on/off, be moved to buttons on the inside, but the buttons don't have to be aninated. But a simple toggle icon be used you just look at and interact with. As of right now, it's a handful of scrolling, or even trying to remember which is left and right screen toggle key bindings, ect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggbeast said:

Well done jeza top quality art as ever

Yes, Way to go Gooner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

I know This is a bit of a request, but soke have found that with so many items and options being available in the jet DLC, it's becoming crowded with key bindings And scroll wheel options. So for jets, can we put some of the not so important interactions inside the cockpit to free up some space and confusion/key binding clutter? For example, Landing Auto Pilot, Lights on, Collision Lights, Engine on/off, be moved to buttons on the inside, but the buttons don't have to be aninated. But a simple toggle icon be used you just look at and interact with. As of right now, it's a handful of scrolling, or even trying to remember which is left and right screen toggle key bindings, ect. 

This would be amazing, I am assuming but I'm sure it's possible to implementmTOH style. Would be such a nice addition to all the awesome stuff we are already getting with this DLC.

My thoughts exactly. Its always been what at least I observed, as the perfect solution to the current interaction. It doesn't even have to be implemented in super high detail, just the icons with on/off state near specific buttons in the interiors to clean up the scroll menu and the key bindings, leaving room for the more important stuff, and getting rid of a great deal of item confusion, especially visible with the new options in the Jet DLC, 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 10:33 AM, petek said:

Not sure of best place to report this but I've bought the DLC bundle 2 and also get the purchase nag message and am unable to connect to new drone. Bought through BIS site - assume it's like last time and will take time to enable - unless anyone has any ideas? Cheers

Go to the Editor and throw down the Sentinel UAV and a UAV Operator...then click on the UAV Operator and hit "Play as the Character" and doing this, I was able to connect.

Anyone notice you can change the Countermeasure Mode?  Same as changing your grenades...check it out!

Yeah, I'm loving that. This is a great improvement to the CM system.

3 minutes ago, AV8R_Six said:

Go to the Editor and throw down the Sentinel UAV and a UAV Operator...then click on the UAV Operator and hit "Play as the Character" and doing this, I was able to connect.

Alternatively, in the console, put "player connectTerminalToUAV dronename" (without the quotes). Just remember to name your drone in Eden first.

• Like 1

Noticed that the JAS39 doesnt get up to speed properly as the other jets easily maintain 1300km/h whilst the JAS39 starts struggling at 900km/h now most planes in the dlc should be able to reach mach 2 which is a bout 2400km/h, Including the JAS39 therefore the jas should be upped to be able to catch up to the csat and nato jets, the planes might not be able to fly at mach 2 but they realisticly should all be equal in top speed. 
I've also noticed that there's a lack of sound barrier which I would find quite cool if they decided to add that sonic boom when a plane goes through the soundbarrier which most jets do in this game. 

Another thing I've noticed with the JAS39 is that it has a permanent fuel tank that can't be removed under the fuselage. This should be removable as well as the targeting pod on the front under the pilot seat. 

I also noticed that the JAS in the game is able to land on a short runway like a road that is shorter than 800m (In the game I managed to land it and take it off on a road that was 400m (yay for me)). 

I do like this new dlc because they baited me with my Swedish JAS39, except for the things i've stated above all that is missing is a Swedish skin for it. Bohemia, Rub my nipples the right way and put in a swedish skin for it. <3 <3 xoxo// Lonewold

Edit: Would also be quite nice if we had some more armament for the different vehicles like clusterbombs and such things to really get to play around with the stuff. Including HELITOW launchers for the helicopters like littlebirds and such. 

On 4/15/2017 at 1:16 AM, Midnighters said:

On 4/15/2017 at 2:00 AM, darksidesixofficial said:

Have either of you two even tried the DLC on devbranch yet?

Both the To-199 and A-164 are near useless dog fighters now as they have no radar which pretty much cripples their situational awareness.  In the majority of my experiments both jets would only know an enemy fighter was approaching when missiles were launched at you.  The Buzzard now wipes the floor with both jets.

Heck its even at the point now where SHORAD and SPAAGs are a very real and very serious threat to the 2 CAS jets.  I freakin love it!!

• Like 2