CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

don't get why you're adding more models when the current models are very low-quality as it stands. It would make more sense to improve the plethora of stuff you've already got 

It would make sense for you to understand, A: The point of this mod. And B: How modding actually works.

• Like 2

The point of CUP is *NOT* to improve models.  Their special purpose in life is to import EXISTING CONTENT!  "Better" models is a bonus that is icing on the cake.

Besides, better models != better quality is a LONG discussion and does NOT equate to better quality.  There are all sorts of ways to make it look better w. current models.

if you're referring to turning graphics up, I can't go any further than ultra with 150% sampling lol

You just dont get it. Refer to using other mods that are "higher quality". This mods goal is to import and improve apon existing content from past Arma games.

if you're referring to turning graphics up, I can't go any further than ultra with 150% sampling lol

No, I'm not.  You obviously have no idea about 3D modelling.  Search online for "bump mapping".

Regardless, improving the models and textures is out of scope for CUP.  Any time they do, it is icing!

don't get why you're adding more models when the current models are very low-quality as it stands. It would make more sense to improve the plethora of stuff you've already got

Bud, the whole point of this mod is to add more content into Arma 3 from previous titles, not to make pristine models. Many of the people here are happy that this team is able to spend their time porting content, and putting it up to Arma 3 standards. Modelling and texturing take time, their goal is to get it all into Arma 3, so then later on it can be retextured. I appreciate all the work this team is doing and I hope that they continue on this path, I think the content is great, it looks quite good and it gets the job done.

• Like 4

Feel free to join the project and improve the current models in the freetime you have after a average working day of 12-14h ;)

• Like 4

I think Siddy has a model that may be available. We're sitting on it at the moment waiting to get it textured (I think so anyway)

Guess we're in the same spot then? ;)

Because in this very moment we value finishing the remaining missing content (which isn't much) more than improving what we already have.

Once we have everything ported we can start improving and expanding further.

• Like 6

I should probably clarify my ideas behind the '85 era troops before people start getting ahead of themselves :P I made the RU and FIA '85 troops quickly over the course of a night or two as I felt it'd be nice to have some OFP looking units, either included in the mod or released separately as a mini expansion. I'm not gonna start going out of my way making a CWR-esqe mod , there's simply too much to do :P

A CWR mod maybe abit much, but some 85 era troops are appreciated. Hope you add some US ones too ;)

Curious if anyone is having this issue other than me. Armored SUV loses its ammo when you turn in ? Anyways sorry if this has been posted. For some reason i can not get search to work for me. 

Update:

MrSanchez answered, thanks for the update. CUP is awesome keep up the great work guys.

Curious if anyone is having this issue other than me. Armored SUV loses its ammo when you turn in ? Anyways sorry if this has been posted. For some reason i can not get search to work for me. 

Was already reported and possibly fixed for the next update.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Just consider it this way: Once all content from Arma 2 is ported, it can be used. So the idea is to first get all content ported as is (with inclusion of Arma 3 specific features), and from there on, we'll go for improvements.

But it's vital to get the assets out, even if they were only "placeholders", so mission makers can start using them.

• Like 4

It was in OFP and even played a part in Resistance campaign - all loaded up with Depleted Troskium rounds able to penetrate anything in it's path, oneshot every shot  B)

• Like 2

Kozlice was in ofp but not sure if it was part of or an addon

It was in OFP and even played a part in Resistance campaign - all loaded up with Depleted Troskium rounds able to penetrate anything in it's path, oneshot every shot  B)

It was officially part of the Resistance Release. One of my favourite bits of the campaign was running round the back of Mr Troska's house. Grabbing the Kozlice and shooting some soviets  ;)

• Like 1

Will the M1128 MGS come in Sand too?

yes all strykers are available both with and without slat and both woodland and desert, i just arranged them like that or it would've been a lot of stuff.

• Like 3

yes all strykers are available both with and without slat and both woodland and desert, i just arranged them like that or it would've been a lot of stuff.

Cool, and one last question, what are those MRAPs in the second image called? 

Disregard. 

Edited by cx64

Awesome work! I especially love the new units, MRAPs and aircraft. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

But why is the AAV7 in the pictures? It's already in the mod.

(Also, I'm now hoping we get to see more MRAPs in the future, the BAF could really do with a Mastiff or Ridgeback  ;) )

Looking good, Chairborne. I've got my eye on those British Pumas. :D