CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Fantastic mod! Great work everyone! I was wondering how to use SOFLAMs rangefinder? i have a battery but the range wont display

The SOFLAM doesn't have a rangefinder IIRC, only the laser

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Was disappointed to see that the post process blur effect is still there when you go from Scoped in to CQB view on the ACOG :(

It seems that I fixed it on other scopes but I forgot to fix it on ACOG :(

Edited by kllrt
typo

The SOFLAM doesn't have a rangefinder IIRC, only the laser

In Arma 2 it does display range.

If i understood correctly, this mod is modular, so i can just pick some weapons i miss from A2 without need to have whole CUP pack?

Depends on what weapons. I managed to isolate a bunch of them from the pack in working condition (AA12, G36, XM8), but I had to first look into the config and see what other addon requirements they had.

In Arma 2 it does display range.

Yeah, you're right. It does display the range for me too in Arma 3. The battery is only required for the laser.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Depends on what weapons. I managed to isolate a bunch of them from the pack in working condition (AA12, G36, XM8), but I had to first look into the config and see what other addon requirements they had.

They sometimes do cross-reference textures and other material without actually listing them in the config. As I said, it was never meant to be modular. The original files weren't either, and a lot of textures are generic and come from a "common" pool.

If i understood correctly, this mod is modular, so i can just pick some weapons i miss from A2 without need to have whole CUP pack?

It can be used as sort of modular, but as Alwarren said most of the weapons depends on each other. So you need to know how to do compatible config to make it work.

I made version of CUP Weapons that can be used with RHS, HLC and RH weapons for our community. That means I've deleted cup AKs, M4s/M16s and some pistols and launchers.

I had to made config for that - GOOGLE DRIVE, of course you need at least RHS, HLC M60, M14 and RH pistols. List of CUP weapons required pbos below.

cup_basedata.pbo

cup_weapons_aa12.pbo

cup_weapons_ammunition.pbo

cup_weapons_as50.pbo

cup_weapons_awm.pbo

cup_weapons_backpacks.pbo

cup_weapons_bizon.pbo

cup_weapons_compact.pbo

cup_weapons_cz750.pbo

cup_weapons_cz805.pbo

cup_weapons_duty.pbo

cup_weapons_east_attachments.pbo

cup_weapons_evo.pbo

cup_weapons_g36.pbo

cup_weapons_grenadelaunchers.pbo

cup_weapons_huntingrifle.pbo

cup_weapons_items.pbo

cup_weapons_ksvk.pbo

cup_weapons_l7a2.pbo

cup_weapons_l85.pbo

cup_weapons_leeenfield.pbo

cup_weapons_m14.pbo

cup_weapons_m24.pbo

cup_weapons_m47.pbo

cup_weapons_m107.pbo

cup_weapons_m110.pbo

cup_weapons_m249.pbo

cup_weapons_m1014.pbo

cup_weapons_maaws.pbo

cup_weapons_metis_at_13.pbo

cup_weapons_mk48.pbo

cup_weapons_phantom.pbo

cup_weapons_pk.pbo

cup_weapons_rpg18.pbo

cup_weapons_sa58.pbo

cup_weapons_scar.pbo

cup_weapons_smaw.pbo

cup_weapons_strela_2.pbo

cup_weapons_svd.pbo

cup_weapons_uk59.pbo

cup_weapons_vehicleweapons.pbo

cup_weapons_vss.pbo

cup_weapons_weaponscore.pbo

cup_weapons_west_attachments.pbo

cup_weapons_xm8.pbo

That's what i thought. I tend to keep my modpack / arsenal clean, without 10x AK-74 and 20x M4 variants and 40x SCARs.

Thought about getting VSS, m107 and ksvk. Does every weapon PBO comes with it's own config?

So i can just grab

cup_basedata.pbo

Then cup_weapons_weaponname and drop it into separate addon folder (along with _attachments)?

That's what i thought. I tend to keep my modpack / arsenal clean, without 10x AK-74 and 20x M4 variants and 40x SCARs.

Thought about getting VSS, m107 and ksvk. Does every weapon PBO comes with it's own config?

So i can just grab

cup_basedata.pbo

Then cup_weapons_weaponname and drop it into separate addon folder (along with _attachments)?

Each pbo contains its own config. You will need to take care that all textures and material dependencies are fulfilled. The config dependencies aren't complete, so just because it loads the config doesn't mean the weapons will have actual textures etc. Sorry about that but as I said, they are not meant to be modular, the division into different pbo's is just to make delta updates easier.

Is eye positioning done in the config or in the model editing?

It's a memory point in the model.

Each pbo contains its own config. You will need to take care that all textures and material dependencies are fulfilled. The config dependencies aren't complete, so just because it loads the config doesn't mean the weapons will have actual textures etc. Sorry about that but as I said, they are not meant to be modular, the division into different pbo's is just to make delta updates easier.

It's a memory point in the model.

Well i tried some stuff and it seems to be working, at least for 5-6 weapons i pulled out of pack.

The only problem i had is that i need to copy _attachments files to allow ASDG_JR to work with existing weapons.

If you can allow JSDG-compatible attachments without whole attachment pack, it will be great.

Well i tried some stuff and it seems to be working, at least for 5-6 weapons i pulled out of pack.

The only problem i had is that i need to copy _attachments files to allow ASDG_JR to work with existing weapons.

If you can allow JSDG-compatible attachments without whole attachment pack, it will be great.

They've already said it's not meant to be modular, I doubt they'll want to go and mess around with the structure so ASDG works independently across each pbo.

Anyone getting this error when placing MEC opfor using RPGs?

"Cannot open object cup\weapons\cup_weapons_rpg7\rpg7_launcher_loaded.p3d" ??

It causes the mission to crash on a dedicated server. Trying to narrow it down to a @CUP problem or @MEC utilizing the @CUP weapon on the fighter.

immense worK!

there is possible to port the Russian and speztanz chest rig? ;)

immense worK!

there is possible to port the Russian and speztanz chest rig? ;)

Eventually you will see all Arma2 content, that's the reason behind CUP to port all A2 Content to A3 Standards.

Anyone getting this error when placing MEC opfor using RPGs?

"Cannot open object cup\weapons\cup_weapons_rpg7\rpg7_launcher_loaded.p3d" ??

It causes the mission to crash on a dedicated server. Trying to narrow it down to a @CUP problem or @MEC utilizing the @CUP weapon on the fighter.

yes, same issue on my end, i disabled my other mods except for cup and still get the error.

yes, same issue on my end, i disabled my other mods except for cup and still get the error.

hmm, then it looks like a problem with @MEC's units (that require @CUP). Maybe something was changed in the last @CUP update that conflicts with how @Mec is set up?

hmm, then it looks like a problem with @MEC's units (that require @CUP). Maybe something was changed in the last @CUP update that conflicts with how @Mec is set up?

you can fix the issue by changing placed units with the rpg7 (gp) to the rpg 18 for the time being. If you go into the virtual arsenal and try to add the rpg 7 (gp) you will get the same error.

Do you guys also intend to add/make proper and fitting reloading animations for all the weapons? I mean, I did a bit of my own tweaking and used toadie's animations where appropriate but I'd still like to know. :)

Do you guys also intend to add/make proper and fitting reloading animations for all the weapons? I mean, I did a bit of my own tweaking and used toadie's animations where appropriate but I'd still like to know. :)

Eventually, yes. But all these cosmetic tasks will have a lower priority, getting the stuff usable is the first order of business.

Hi CUP team, I have a question. Is the buckshot for the m1014 or saiga shotguns working? I see that only the AA12 has buckshot on this classnames list: http://friedenhq.org/tmp/CUP_Class%20List/classlist.html

I have tried using the old A2 classname with a CUP_ at the front, but it still wont register the buckshot. The unit only has slugs for his shotgun.

This is the classname I am trying: CUP_8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets

Thanks!

EDIT: I have figured it out on a wild guess: The buckshot classname needs a "74" in it like the slugs.

Buckshot for the m1014: CUP_8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Pellets

Slugs for the m1014: CUP_8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug

Maybe this should be added to the above classnames list. Keep up the good work CUP team, you guys really do rock!

Edited by Chang739

Hi All

I've been having a similar issue to one mentioned a few posts ago - for me if I try to load AA units (I think it's all AA missile firing ground units) I get a crash when loading mission, or in mission if added with MCC. Happens with the basic A3 nato AA soldier. As far as I can tell the problems isolated to CUP: is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks guys,

MuD

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

Yeah I can confirm what I said earlier

Arma 3 only : editor place rifleman + AA soldier = fine

Arma 3 + @CUP OR AiA requiring @CUP : editor place rifleman = fine

Arma 3 + @CUP OR AiA requiring @CUP : editor place rifleman + AA soldier = Crash on mission Load.

Is this reproducible for others?

I am also having the same error while using the MEC units. I posted this on their thread but refered me to the CUP team to fix this.

error.jpg

Would be great if you guys can fix this. It is a real pain in multiplayer. Every player that connects to a session with the MEC units gets the same error.

Thanks

New issue with Marksman DLC update, some weapons have no recoil due to the new system. any ETA on a fix?

New issue with Marksman DLC update, some weapons have no recoil due to the new system. any ETA on a fix?

"When it's done"

SCNR ;)