CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

There seems to be something wrong with AKS-74U: I am unable to see the front sight post when using iron sights, and the weapon fires about 2 meters too low at 100m range. In short, the sights seems to be messed up? With cobra the gun works ok.

Thanks a lot guys, this is exactly what I have wanted out of Arma 3 for a long time. The futuristic setting doesn't do much for me, but I have a lot of trouble going back to A2 controls/mechanics.

I'm at uni so I can't check, but do these new weapons show up in Zeus or Arsenal? ie. Can I use arsenal to "dress up" enemy AI, save the soldier type, then place them down in editor missions/zeus mode?

Our group stopped using the editor a long time ago: We found we could have just as much fun in a Zeus Co-Op mission that takes 5 minutes to make as an editor mission that took 3 hours to make.

Will some of the scaling issues be fixed in the future? The SCAR rifles are too big, and the MP5s are tiny to name a few examples.

I'm at uni so I can't check, but do these new weapons show up in Zeus or Arsenal? ie. Can I use arsenal to "dress up" enemy AI, save the soldier type, then place them down in editor missions/zeus mode?
If every weapon was named in CfgPatches then there's no reason that they shouldn't, considering that at last check their presence in CfgPatches' weapons[] array was the main prerequisite for Zeus compatibility.

CUP_B_CZ_Soldier_AR_DES is listed under Men (Woodland) and CUP_B_CZ_Soldier_Marksman_DES is named "Marksman (CUP_srifle_SVD_pso)"

M4A1 GL with Eotech gives this when using GL

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/531761112959757066/6CC121FCBB22796FEA07FE7A04B53EC5B609F5FE/

vz.58 v2 and M4A4 textures look way too dark

Edited by Outlawz7

Selection fire anim being broken - that explains why I couldn't get the muzzle flash to appear on my revolver...

I assume that you can't simply rename the mem points to zasleh because they're all set to muzzleflash and there are hundreds of weapons.

I noticed that the ak74 does have a muzzleflash, that probably being the weapon that did have zasleh changed as mem point

I'll make sure to vote and I'll try to get folks in my community to vote for a fix on the issue tracker

Edited by PhonicStudios

Hello,

i was wondering if you are intend to add new models of vz58 RIS (picture here), same like you did with the vz.58 (v2) ?

And also if the granadelunchers will be using the 3GL rounds in future?

Thank you

Hello,

i was wondering if you are intend to add new models of vz58 RIS (picture here), same like you did with the vz.58 (v2) ?

Thank you

Nice suggestions but CUP's goal is to port A2 content to A3 standards, so the answer will be negative for both questions, but any other moder or mods can use CUP's resources and tweak items as they want.

The idea is to have CUP so future mods can rely on it for better quality and compatibility.

Hello,

Thank you

The v2 is was donated to CUP by petrtlach, so big thanks to him! It is sort of WIP and it shouldn't be included in this update, but something went wrong.

Anyway replacing the models is not the priority right now, because we don't have enough people for that. But there is a little chance that some models will be improved, it all depends on the right people or resources.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

By the way, we set up new forums on http://forum.cup-arma3.org/

You can get in touch with us directly, help us or provide additional feedback in general. Or if you want to contribute or help cup, then that is the right place to go.

Thanks for the update folks, it's great to see AGM compatibility (and that ammo storage in M107's magazines is finally closed for good. :D).

Ahem, which is currently down for maintenance. Should be back up tomorrow.

Back up again.

I would like to post my observations so far:

All soldiers appear correctly in zeus mode. The uniforms aren’t there, but it’s a good start. I went through and customised the soldiers to my own tastes, such as creating ISIS units with AK-74’s and RPG-7’s and saving them under Arsenal.

This is the first problem, I am unable to then place down my made units… I have to place a unit on the ground, then open arsenal, and then load the pre-saved soldier. This is very tedious and it means I have to place down units one at a time.

I also cannot copy/paste the units. For example, if I put down a BLUFOR NATO rifleman, open arsenal and load a USMC rifleman (as I have customised him), when I copy/paste the unit, the pasted unit reverts back to what it started out as before the load. This means I cannot make up an enemy fireteam and quickly copy/paste them around the map… Every single soldier has to be “hand-madeâ€.

Second problem: Marine autoriflemen by default start with 3x 200 round belts for their M249s, but on spawning they cannot use that ammo and their magazine count shows up as zero, even though you can see the ammo in the inventory. If you place down a new box of ammo and the unit goes and exchanges the “bad batchâ€, it works fine. This means that each time you place an autorifleman, you need to manually take remote-control and get them to rearm from a box.

Some of these problems may just be Arma related, or they may be CUP related. I just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Otherwise, thanks for the mod so far. Excellent work! The A2 scopes are looking a little dated, but A2 M4A1’s with A3 (3D) holosights look the part!

I would like to post my observations so far:

All soldiers appear correctly in zeus mode. The uniforms aren’t there, but it’s a good start. I went through and customised the soldiers to my own tastes, such as creating ISIS units with AK-74’s and RPG-7’s and saving them under Arsenal.

This is the first problem, I am unable to then place down my made units… I have to place a unit on the ground, then open arsenal, and then load the pre-saved soldier. This is very tedious and it means I have to place down units one at a time.

I also cannot copy/paste the units. For example, if I put down a BLUFOR NATO rifleman, open arsenal and load a USMC rifleman (as I have customised him), when I copy/paste the unit, the pasted unit reverts back to what it started out as before the load. This means I cannot make up an enemy fireteam and quickly copy/paste them around the map… Every single soldier has to be “hand-madeâ€.

Second problem: Marine autoriflemen by default start with 3x 200 round belts for their M249s, but on spawning they cannot use that ammo and their magazine count shows up as zero, even though you can see the ammo in the inventory. If you place down a new box of ammo and the unit goes and exchanges the “bad batchâ€, it works fine. This means that each time you place an autorifleman, you need to manually take remote-control and get them to rearm from a box.

Some of these problems may just be Arma related, or they may be CUP related. I just thought I would bring it to your attention.

Otherwise, thanks for the mod so far. Excellent work! The A2 scopes are looking a little dated, but A2 M4A1’s with A3 (3D) holosights look the part!

I believe the forst and second are BIS' fault.

I don't quite understand: Is this in Zeus ?

In any case, this is definitely not a CUP related problem. Please try the same with a vanilla unit, it will probably be the same.

Again, in Zeus ? Or the editor ? If the latter, yeah, that's normal and not related to CUP.

That actually is a bug in CUP. The magazines the Automatic Rifleman has are somehow messed up. If you hover over them, you see that they are named "M249 Magazines", but the library text says "M240 Magazine", so I guess there's been a mixup with the magazines

Thanks for the reports, much appreciate.

Yeah, remember, these items have not been modified in their appearance, so they still look the same way they did in Arma 2. Back in those days, the sights mounted on the guns had to mostly share the texture with the gun itself. So for a lot of weapons, this means that the amount of texture space used for them is much smaller than today in Arma 3.

Is there a long-term goal to replace the models (if one's get donated etc?) or do you just want updated textures for them? I know your first release was just to get everything out there so we can find config bugs and other bits, just curious how you see this going long-term.

Is there a long-term goal to replace the models (if one's get donated etc?) or do you just want updated textures for them? I know your first release was just to get everything out there so we can find config bugs and other bits, just curious how you see this going long-term.

Yes. Work is ongoing to separate vests and uniforms from Arma 2 models and make them Arma 3 compatible.

Alwarren put up some screenshots here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394316962

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395819343

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394316994

Bug reports and feedback (good or bad) are always highly appreciated. Thank you!

Bug reports aren't an issue and will probably be plentiful, can probably patch some config stuff for you too if it''s only basic bits.

nice to see that you guys still on it. i hope you all have the longtime motivation to keep this huge project alive. i'm looking forward to see the arma II uniforms and vests in arma III :)

regards

moerderhoschi

Updating the Arma2 weapons to Arma3, and then continually updating them? The CUP team.

Releasing the edited mlods to the community? The CUP team.

Carrying on the work of AllinArma regarding the terrains? The CUP team.

Making Arma3 bug free? Some things in life can' t be bought. For all the rest, there is the CUP team.

• Like 2

Was disappointed to see that the post process blur effect is still there when you go from Scoped in to CQB view on the ACOG :(

forgive me if this is on my end, when i try to place troops with the rpg7 (gp) or view the weapon in the arsenal, i get this error "Cannot open object cup\weapons\cup_weapons_rpg7\rpg7_launcher_loaded.p3d

If i understood correctly, this mod is modular, so i can just pick some weapons i miss from A2 without need to have whole CUP pack?

Fantastic mod! Great work everyone! I was wondering how to use SOFLAMs rangefinder? i have a battery but the range wont display

If i understood correctly, this mod is modular, so i can just pick some weapons i miss from A2 without need to have whole CUP pack?

No, the mod is not modular, there are dependencies between pbo"s

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks