CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Nice! Great staging for the video too.

is there still a dock on the lower level?

Looking more and more like the real thing!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

is there still a dock on the lower level?

As in the well deck? Not quite sure what you mean.

Yep, well deck :) was watching on my phone and not sure if I saw it down the end.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich_R said:

Yep, well deck :) was watching on my phone and not sure if I saw it down the end.

Yup well deck is still there, no way is the best feature about the ship getting removed :tounge_o:

• Like 5

Hi all, and Hi CUP Team! First of all I would like to thank you for the enormous and great work you've done during these years:) I don't know if this is the proper place to report errors, if not i will delete my post. I just wanted to make you aware of a small issue with the Interceptor Vest. As you can see in the image the pistol doesn't show up in the holster, unlike other CUP vests. It's surely not important but I thought to report it anyway.

8ED7AA9EA2F9677701C340D91323BD942EEB4532

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up, it would be best if you could make a ticket in our feedback tracker, thanks.

• Like 2

Hello,

I am the content manage for the Arma 3 group that I play with and they are interested in using CUP content. However they are not interested in using all of it. Since CUP is a publicly maintained, if not open source,  mod I figured I could find the content and pbo up what content they wanted, modify it to their request, remove dependencies from other addons they don't want, create smaller pbo's for absolutely required dependencies, etc. Unfortunately, I am unable to find where the content is hosted. I remember seeing at least a year ago that you can get access to CUP content, but my "google-fu" has been unable to find the mega repository, the sync, the torrent or even the github that contains the pre-pbo's content.

So, how do you go about finding it. Obviously its not here or on github AFAIK.

PS: I'm not looking to steal or not give credit to a mod where it is due, we want to use some content and not others in our content pack.

29 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

Hello,

I am the content manage for the Arma 3 group that I play with and they are interested in using CUP content. However they are not interested in using all of it. Since CUP is a publicly maintained, if not open source,  mod I figured I could find the content and pbo up what content they wanted, modify it to their request, remove dependencies from other addons they don't want, create smaller pbo's for absolutely required dependencies, etc. Unfortunately, I am unable to find where the content is hosted. I remember seeing at least a year ago that you can get access to CUP content, but my "google-fu" has been unable to find the mega repository, the sync, the torrent or even the github that contains the pre-pbo's content.

So, how do you go about finding it. Obviously its not here or on github AFAIK.

PS: I'm not looking to steal or not give credit to a mod where it is due, we want to use some content and not others in our content pack.

CUP Source was never publicly available. Also our license prevents you wrong editing the PBOs and stripping out what you don't want: http://cup-arma3.org/CUP-License.txt

The reason behind this is not because we like you to suffer under gigabytes of content but simply that we don't want to have 100 different versions of CUP out in the wild (and we had this already in the past, so that actually happens).

As CUP is meant as the complete addition of A1 and A2 content into A3 we don't see a need to cherrypick some stuff. That would only end in players having different versions, running into problems joining servers, etc. And in the end these players will come here and say stuff like "Why is the HUMVEE not in CUP anymore? Why did you removed it?" or "My mission is broken. Error: This mission depends on addons deleted".

• Like 1

thx for the great mod ! I just found a bug:

1. Commander position when turned out is wrong.

2. Also when AI drives Abrams it can easily flip on sharp turns.

image link to wrong commander position:

https://postimg.org/image/e1utouwhj/

regards

pawel

The wrong commander position is something we're aware of, its gonna get fixed for the next patch.

I'm not sure we can modify AI driving skills, but we'll take a look.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gabravo2005 said:

@deltagamer I'm pretty sure they are in direct violation of Godfather's groomin' standards. Was I correct?

20170126215639_1.jpg

Something isn't quite right with one of the vehicles ;)

• Like 2

Different turret on the forward vehicle?

Also what is the soldier to the right aiming with in the first pic?

6 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

CUP Source was never publicly available. Also our license prevents you wrong editing the PBOs and stripping out what you don't want: http://cup-arma3.org/CUP-License.txt

The reason behind this is not because we like you to suffer under gigabytes of content but simply that we don't want to have 100 different versions of CUP out in the wild (and we had this already in the past, so that actually happens).

As CUP is meant as the complete addition of A1 and A2 content into A3 we don't see a need to cherrypick some stuff. That would only end in players having different versions, running into problems joining servers, etc. And in the end these players will come here and say stuff like "Why is the HUMVEE not in CUP anymore? Why did you removed it?" or "My mission is broken. Error: This mission depends on addons deleted".

In other words, if my group wants the content, I either need to get the A2 stuff Bohemia released, convert it myself, or "violate" your license for your mod?

Okay.

Strange that you see the community as unable to manage multiple versions of similar content, or that you wouldn't understand why people may want to have certain vehicles/weapons/equipment,  but I appreciate the response.

They have a stated purpose (a business statement if you prefer) and they are adhering to that purpose.  Nothing strange about that.

To be honest if you only want bits and parts just d/l the arma2 samples and compile them for your own use... simple. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

In other words, if my group wants the content, I either need to get the A2 stuff Bohemia released, convert it myself, or "violate" your license for your mod?

Okay.

Strange that you see the community as unable to manage multiple versions of similar content, or that you wouldn't understand why people may want to have certain vehicles/weapons/equipment,  but I appreciate the response.

As hard as it may sound, but we actually had/have this quite often. As Neo said, we had a lot of complains like "Your mod is shit, get your act together and fix it. I can't launch CUP without gamebreaking errors...!!!oneELEVEN".
After some investigation we found out that they where using outdated rip offs together with the current CUP version... Do the math.
And yes, we do know and understand the there are some individuals out there in the community that prefer smaller packs without dependencies or even stand alone models. But this was never and will never be the idea behind CUP.
It is known that all BI data of the previous titles is free avaliable. So as you figured, if you want a selection of content and not the whole pack you need to port it on your own. 
And this is not bad if you take a deeper look. You actually learn a lot about modding and the effort / work behind such projects. CUP even provides (beside many others) detailed tutorials on how to port content. And we are open to share knowlage regarding this matter.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, deltagamer said:

20170126215639_1.jpg

Something isn't quite right with one of the vehicles ;)

Turretless AAV7s

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Turretless AAV7s

Yep! :hammer:

As crazy as it may sound, not everyone is good with steam workshop or computers in general, they see something broken with a cup logo and they come to us to complain.

Since we dont do this for a living and time is tight, we prefer to avoid going on a wild goose chase because someone uses a stripped version of CUP that has issues, or possibly didnt get updated.

You probably have some other big mods running in your community, i don't see where's the problem in running one more.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

I would be careful if you choose to go down the route of violating the license of any mod. Consequences can occur.

9 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

From this i guess you have no idea, how many hours has gone into creating CUP. Porting and bring content across from Arma2 to Arma3 is no trivial matter. Could you perhaps specify what addons you need and perhaps help can be given as appropriate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

I am slightly disgusted that you even list the part after the "or". Do you have that little respect for other people's work? Or are you from the school of thought that this is all BI stuff and we just twiddled our thumbs a bit and shat it out in a weekend? Because I can guarantee you this is not the case, and you are welcome to try by getting the actual released A2 stuff and reproduce it.

There seems to be the general idea that we just lightly rubbed a piece of cloth on all of these models and everything fell into place automatically. I get this frequently, people accusing us of damaging the community because we're not allowing monetization, or how BIS should force us to release everything for everyone since we just repackaged that stuff. And that attitude is getting quite tiresome. It's a fundamental expression of what is wrong with parts of the community - namely, the utter lack of respect for ownership and work invested. People are bitching about the size of the download, want the pack split up, or only parts of it, and are mostly whining about what they need to do to get it ("But my internet connection isn't very good, it will take me days to download this").

Well guess what - it took us LITERALLY months to do this. We're all working on this stuff almost every day. So pardon me if I can't bring myself to shed a tear for anyone that needs a few hours to download the stuff.

13 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

The surprising part is, understanding is not necessary.

People wanting subsets of CUP content doesn't come as a surprise, I am not sure how you reached that conclusion. However, the amount of work required to even take a single item out of it is more than you think. There are dependencies between pbo's. Most vehicles for example draw from a standard set of weapons and ammunition. Some use parts and textures of others. Unravelling that would be a lot of work. Work that we are not willing to take.

So bottom line is, show some respect and basic decency. If you want the stuff, most of it can be found in the released data packages. A lot of the stuff was done by us or come from other sources. It comes with a license attached. I don't think that it is asking too much to adhere to that.

• Like 12