Jump to content
CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, EpinephrineAddict said:

purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them.

 

^That^ (AFAIK). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just found two mods that add them. "Bike", should have saw that coming. But they seem to work just fine. Either way, I'm probably the only guy who missed them so I'm happy I have them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason the metal looks rough in that pic is that the "mud" parts were painted over as well.  The NOHQ could be rebuilt probably, however the mud may be able to be painted over that again.

 

Colors look great :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EpinephrineAddict said:

I don't know if someone mentioned this in the past 150 pages but I just noticed that there are no bicycles in the CUP vehicles :dontgetit:. I remember the MTB and the civilian bicycles in Arma 2. I don't know if the CUP team forgot about them or purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them. Great mods though! Thanks!

 

They aren't in because no one made them yet. 

If assets aren't in yet, they will most likely come at one point, no use reminding us about it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Varanon said:

If assets aren't in yet, they will most likely come at one point, no use reminding us about it

 

In line with this, I recently closed a few tickets on our tracker with "Please port Animals", "Please port X", "Please port Y". These tickets are pointless. The tracker should be regarded as an issue tracker, not a wishlist. We have already stated that our plan is to port everything from Arma 2, but that doesn't mean it will come at once, or in any specific order. So far, nobody has seen any particular reason to tackle the animals, so they are not in yet.

 

I can only stress again that this is a voluntary effort by a bunch of people that do the stuff out of their free will in their spare time. We're not getting paid for it, we're not asking for anything. Since it is our spare time, we reserve the right to at least pick what we are interested in, or what we want to do at that specific moment. There is no point in reminding us to port something; we have a list of assets. If something hasn't been ported yet, or something isn't in yet, then the reason is that nobody was interested in doing it so far.

 

Also, remember (and I am saying this not out of spite or as a 'eff you') that you can always join the team and help out Just join our Discord.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arma 3 physx doesn't handle two-wheel vehicles very well, but i meant to give it another try.

Last time i tinkered with the M1030 i had good results, then my HDD decided it was time to give up on life and took my updated files with it before i could push them to our repo.

Gonna take another look soon-ish.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hcpookie said:

The only reason the metal looks rough in that pic is that the "mud" parts were painted over as well.  The NOHQ could be rebuilt probably, however the mud may be able to be painted over that again.

 

Colors look great :)

I had a feeling it was maybe the "weathering" that was over painted, colours look great indeed!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Thought I'd stop by and let you guys know about a little bug I've been having.

Basically the commander seat M240B on the LAV 25s  ejects over sized casings when compared to the rounds in the belt.

Pic below:

9JzcSTF.jpg

 

Hopefully I haven't wasted your time with a duplicate bug report. 

Cheers and thank you for bringing continuous support to the ArmA series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Hello, Thought I'd stop by and let you guys know about a little bug I've been having.

Basically the commander seat M240B on the LAV 25s  ejects over sized casings when compared to the rounds in the belt.

Pic below:

 

Hopefully I haven't wasted your time with a duplicate bug report. 

Cheers and thank you for bringing continuous support to the ArmA series.

Did you log it on the CUP Tracker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

Did you log it on the CUP Tracker?

Oh sorry. No, I haven't. I had a look for one on the front page but couldn't see one there. Where can I find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Hello, Thought I'd stop by and let you guys know about a little bug I've been having.

Basically the commander seat M240B on the LAV 25s  ejects over sized casings when compared to the rounds in the belt.

Pic below:

cut

 

Hopefully I haven't wasted your time with a duplicate bug report. 

Cheers and thank you for bringing continuous support to the ArmA series.

Please make a ticket in our feedback tracker.

 

edit: added linkerino http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Hello, Thought I'd stop by and let you guys know about a little bug I've been having.

Basically the commander seat M240B on the LAV 25s  ejects over sized casings when compared to the rounds in the belt.

 

The "default" shell is from the "particle" effect for that to happen.  It appears to be closer to a .50 cal than a .30 cal.  The size of the shells CAN be altered, however it is kind of a guessing game as to how big they can/should be.  That's one of those time-suck problems to get just right.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TacticalDropBear said:

Oh sorry. No, I haven't. I had a look for one on the front page but couldn't see one there. Where can I find it?

 

There is a link in the first post on this thread. But yeah, should probably add one to the web page as well.

Edit: There actually is one, down below in the footer section, under "More Information"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2017 at 0:36 PM, pazuzu said:

 

Ahh ok, I never knew what that stood for.

 

I tried making the change to:

 

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosASL _pos;

 

Now I see the blue ghost ship at sea level but the actual carrier is still on the ocean floor.

 

Any ideas?

 

Thank you for the help.

 

Is anyone here having trouble spawning in the LHD Carrier on a server.

 

It worked fine for me before the 1.8.1 update but now it spawns on sea floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pazuzu said:

 

Is anyone here having trouble spawning in the LHD Carrier on a server.

 

It worked fine for me before the 1.8.1 update but now it spawns on sea floor.

I think someone already replied to you a few pages back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

What kind of updates does it need?

 

Fully Automatic Nuke Launcher Please ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chairborne said:

I think someone already replied to you a few pages back.

 

Yes, but the solution didn't work and I felt the post just got buried in the thread.

 

I was hoping someone else in this thread was running a server with the LHD in it. Very Perplexing.

 

The sqf code I'm using to spawn LHD:

 

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosASL _pos;

 

This should work, yes?

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deltagamer said:

Finally more people learning to use their commander weapon properly :tounge_o:

 

20170112210022_1.jpg

 

Dude is extremely exposed by the looks of it haha. 

 

Just some feedback/idea. Would it be better for him to be in like a semi squat position where his head is somewhat inline with the sights? I can imaging trying to shoot like this is quite inaccurate. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys going to take a look at the config of the ANZAC Frigate, because some things seem to be off:

  1. The direct fire method of the 127mm cannon is off, the shells fall way short of the actual sighting (something like having to put 2500m to hit a target at 800)
  2. Artillery computer doesn't aim the gun in the angle and direction it needs to hit the target from a higher fire solution, it simply keeps the weapon where it is.
  3. When aimed with the cannon, if you press "Numpad +" 3 times, you get taken to a random screencap of another game o--O
  4. Muzzle position for the AGM-84 is slightly wrong on the model
  5. AGM-84 missile drops way too far before starting to climb when locked to targets, meaning you have to aim considerably higher than the target to make the missile not hit the water
  6. CIWS can shoot through the ship at targets (This is more of a LOD issue I presume)
  7. Ship seems to be indestructible
  8. Helicopters can land on the back pad, although men will fall straight through it (LOD issue I guess aswell)

 

 

EDIT: Actually, the sighting doesn't affect the cannon at all, the only way to hit the targets is to aim higher...(Bug or feature?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, giorox said:

Are you guys going to take a look at the config of the ANZAC Frigate, because some things seem to be off:

  1. The direct fire method of the 127mm cannon is off, the shells fall way short of the actual sighting (something like having to put 2500m to hit a target at 800)
  2. Artillery computer doesn't aim the gun in the angle and direction it needs to hit the target from a higher fire solution, it simply keeps the weapon where it is.
  3. When aimed with the cannon, if you press "Numpad +" 3 times, you get taken to a random screencap of another game o--O
  4. Muzzle position for the AGM-84 is slightly wrong on the model
  5. AGM-84 missile drops way too far before starting to climb when locked to targets, meaning you have to aim considerably higher than the target to make the missile not hit the water
  6. CIWS can shoot through the ship at targets (This is more of a LOD issue I presume)
  7. Ship seems to be indestructible
  8. Helicopters can land on the back pad, although men will fall straight through it (LOD issue I guess aswell)

 

The config is fine-ish, it's just really counter-intuitive because... arma.

1. to shoot in direct fire you need to change the firemode until you see the selector switch full (the bar will move from 1 tick to 3 ticks and then to 5 ticks, use the last one)

2. when you're in optics mode you need to zoom in ( + ) till you get a black screen with a fake overlay, otherwise arty computer won't work. keep in mind that if you're moving the game wont compensate for ship movement, you need to click on the map again before shooting

3. thats the magical arty computer overlay

4. unavoidable compromise

5. was working fine last time i tried, were you locked onto some target or just shooting and aiming manually?

6. unavoidable compromise

7. it's not, 3 Kh-23 missiles or 2 Harpoons should kill it

8. unavoidable compromise + arma doesn't handle soldiers walking on moving objects very well, odds are collisions with the ship will kill you or drop you into the water

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I dropped 3 Mk82s straight to the side of it and it didn't die. Good to know how to make arty computer work.

 

I was locking a assault boat and, yeah, I know about men and moving vehicles, but i half expected it to be enabled (I think it needs a roadway lod no?) so that you could have players walk when the ship is static and use some scripting to attach them to the ship, when it wants to move.

 

Either way, thanks for the fast response :P and for clearing up my questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bombs are not recommended (unless you get a direct hit), big missiles do more damage (still you could probably injure/kill the crew, despite the ship not sinking).

Otherwise in ship vs ship some 10 direct hits with the Mk45 should sink it, on testing i could manage to get kills from max radar range (10km).

 

Yeah roadway is halfway enabled but i think at the very edge collisions dont work right. I'll see what can be done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×