• Announcements

• Jervant

Bohemia Store Steam Redeem   06/24/17

We started experiencing problems with the Steam redeem from our Store on Friday June 23rd.   For anyone that got affected by this, please go to your store account, after you select the product you purchased, you should see your steam key with a link to a how to article to activate it manually through Steam.   We apologize for the inconvenience.
CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

4333 posts in this topic

Hi - is there a way to make the LHD have its well deck rear door open at mission start?

Sorry if this is documented somewhere but I couldn't find anything on it.

Hi All,

Posted this a few days ago in the ArmA 3 Editing Section... Had no replies wondered if someone could help me out?

9 hours ago, tom.tucka said:

Posted this a few days ago in the ArmA 3 Editing Section... Had no replies wondered if someone could help me out?

Please don't bump your own posts. If someone can or feels like answering your original post, they will.

i get this problem where when i try to reload a gun while prone i can never move again. the only way to become unstuck is to do "check weapon temperature" using ace. if you dont do that then you can never move ever again and cant even hit the escape button. you have to like alt-f4 out of the game. this only happens with cup. ive tried RHS, the niarms packs and the NATO SF RUSSIAN whatever weapon pack by massi. is there any way to fix this? i thought that maybe a mod i'm using causes that problem, but it seems to happen all the time no matter what i do.

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

i get this problem where when i try to reload a gun while prone i can never move again. the only way to become unstuck is to do "check weapon temperature" using ace. if you dont do that then you can never move ever again and cant even hit the escape button. you have to like alt-f4 out of the game. this only happens with cup. ive tried RHS, the niarms packs and the NATO SF RUSSIAN whatever weapon pack by massi. is there any way to fix this? i thought that maybe a mod i'm using causes that problem, but it seems to happen all the time no matter what i do.

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

1 person likes this

This is the first time i hear of something like that happening. :dozingoff:

Are you sure there isn't some conflict with another mod?

Here's a small teaser for some of the changes made to the LAVs, buckle up Muhreens :D

20161223235044_1.jpg

20 people like this

23 minutes ago, GamerOnkel said:

Can the protective commander under hatch?

The m240 gunner on the C2? If so then not yet.

Today I found that that with CUP terrains I can play any arma 2 comunity made map (play around 4 hours at arma 2 Fallujah map).

Is it know features of CUP ?:don11:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, sammael said:

Today I found that that with CUP terrains I can play any arma 2 comunity made map (play around 4 hours at arma 2 Fallujah map).

Yes, since the first release of the previous project, AiATP.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, sammael said:

Yeah, Aliabad is one of my favourites.

1 person likes this

Commanders are finally learning how to hold the m240 properly

0hWII1E.jpg

21 hours ago, [evo] dan said:

Is the LCAC included? :D

Can't confirm or deny that ;)

8 people like this

Can we expect some other vehicle crews to learn how to properly hold there weapons?

good work :D

On 25/12/2016 at 10:47 PM, icarus86 said:

Can we expect some other vehicle crews to learn how to properly hold there weapons?

good work :D

Hopefully, training only seems to be limited to the USMC so maybe one day they'll share their secrets with other vehicle gunners  :upside:

20161227011832_1.jpg

10 people like this

I've been running into a problem with the CUP Terrains Complete and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I run a dedicated server and when I try to load the mod I get this error. Addon 'CUP_Buildings_config' requires addon 'CUP_Buildings2_data'. I don't have this problem using any of the other CUP mods. This just happened after that last BI Arma3 update. I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

22 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

And here is the complete email correspondence you had with CUP:

Your mail:

Hi,

I really love the upgrade stuff but something is broken now.

I get this error when I try to run it.

Addon "CUP_Buildings2_config" requires addon "CUP_Buildings2.data"

This just started with the most recent Arma update.

Is there something I can do to fix it?

I've tried installing several times now but still get the same error.

Also, I have a question regarding installation.

When I unzip the files I get only two bikey's.

Are the files for the terrains supposed to be combined into two folders?

I originally had it set up like this:

@CUP_Terrains_Core

@CUP_Terrains_Complete
@CUP_Terrains_Maps

Thanks,

VAF Striker

Our answer:

Seems like some CUP files you have were corrupted.

Try doing this: go in the steam library, right click on Arma 3, go into properties and do "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Assuming you downloaded CUP from steam workshop, if any file is broken it should be redownloaded and hopefully fixed.

Let us know how that works out.

Regards,

CUP Team

Your answer:

Didn't install them from the workshop and I had to put them on our server by direct download.

I've already tried twice now.

And later before we responded:

I sent you a message last week about this problem.

Addon "CUP_Buildings2_config" requires addon "CUP_Buildings2.data"

It looks like the BI most recent patch fixed the problem so I wanted you to know.

But you didn't answer my question regarding the files on the server.

Are the files for the terrains supposed to be combined into 2 folders or do you require 3 separate folders like this?

@CUP_Terrains_Core

@CUP_Terrains_Complete
@CUP_Terrains_Maps

Why do you write a mail to us that the problem is fixed and write here that we don't respond to your mails and the problem is not fixed?

In the email you tell us the problem was fixed by latest A3 update and here you write that it only happened AFTER the update?!?

7 people like this

Because I sent you another email stating that I was still having problems and you either didn't respond or didn't get it. I'm still getting the same error. I'm not running them from the Steam Library on the server.

Is it possible to update them on the server when they're not installed from the Library? This is my first time running a dedicated server so I'm not familiar with all of the functions at this time.

4 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

Because I sent you another email stating that I was still having problems and you either didn't respond or didn't get it. I'm still getting the same error.

There was no other E-Mail by you. The last one was under the subject "CUP Fixed".

EDIT: Question, do you use other, third party maps EXCEPT for CUP terrains? I remember a similar problem someone reported that was a conflict with another map.

EDIT2: You need EITHER CUP_Terrains_Complete OR the combination of CUP_Terrains_Core + CUP_Terrains_Maps. Mix them, you should not.

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

I've been running into a problem with the CUP Terrains Complete and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I run a dedicated server and when I try to load the mod I get this error. Addon 'CUP_Buildings_config' requires addon 'CUP_Buildings2_data'. I don't have this problem using any of the other CUP mods. This just happened after that last BI Arma3 update. I sent the CUP developers an email but they haven't responded to me.

We did respond to you, in fact i was the one who wrote the email back to you, after which you replied the following arma update fixed it so i didn't bother writing another reply just for confirmation.

The answer hasn't changed though, if you're still getting those errors something is either missing or corrupted during download, there's no third option.

Regarding the three packages, Complete is just Core and Maps together, simply distributed in a single package instead of being split into two. The reason a split package exists is to ease the life of terrain makers who don't have to force everyone to download several more GBs of data and use only the core files instead (and server admins who don't want all the maps but just some).

OK, you didn't respond to me from the message that I sent you on the 23rd saying that I'm not using Steam Workshop and I also sent you a message yesterday that you didn't respond to. So anyhow, that's why I posted what I did. I'm not angry and you shouldn't be either. I'm just trying to resolve the problem.

I also asked about the order of the files and if I needed everything but it looks like I can just use the Terrains Complete only. Is this correct. Disregard, question answered.

Anyhow, I am using 2 other maps. Bornholm and Australia. I can try disabling them if that's going to be your next suggestion.

OK, it looks like the Australia map is what's causing the error. I removed it from the list and it loads OK now so thank you for that suggestion.

I have one other though. Have you run into any problems with CUP being incompatible with Alive?