CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hmm...I've seen this before.

I remember watching a Bluedrake42 video doing a review on RHS which wasn't necessarily praising RHS to the heavens, the next thing that happened was several butthurt team members started posting (mostly negative/arrogant) comments, probably happened after the RHS team had a meeting/circlejerk on TeamSpeak/Skype(whatever they use, idgaf :p).

Btw, I think what Singleton meant with 'scrambled on the US side' are e.g. the highly-wip vehicles that are set to public scope (the RG33, M1078, M1083, some of the humvees like the USMC ones)..those are vehicles that are clearly NOT done, yet are made available to the public, so that it looks like there is more content for instance (or for whatever reason).

The problem right now is that we're in the CUP thread and it's going way offtopic. I personally find it highly inappropriate of MistyRonin to post a feature list of another (similar) mod in the >CUP< thread. I mean, can't we give the BIS forum mods a break? The way it's seemingly heading would indicate otherwise.

I'm excited to see another mod come out that produces both quality as quantity, but moreover; modularity: CUP

Edited by PhonicStudios

The problem right now is that we're in the CUP thread and it's going way offtopic. I personally find it highly inappropriate of MistyRonin to post a feature list of another (similar) mod in the >CUP< thread. I mean, can't we give the BIS forum mods a break? The way it's seemingly heading would indicate otherwise.

And who started the discussion about other mods?

I am someone who would love to use both CUP and RHS togheter

CUP and RHS merge confirmed? :cool: Personally I would like some kind of merge between us. Because our A2 ports are really starting to show it's age and we don't have enough people to update all models/textures and stuff. Ah...I went to far with this dream, did I? :D

Also guys thanks for slight offtopic :D

Edited by kllrt

And who started the discussion about other mods?

I contributed to an already existing discussion, but what the RHS team does is exclusively talk about their mod. CUP isn't even mentioned in ANY of their posts, that's what I mean by offtopic.

I remember watching a Bluedrake42 video

End it here. Bluedrake is a gobshite.

Back on topic :cool:

Hahaha! Did you intend on asking anyone how RHSUSF developed or do you enjoy your false narrative that much? RHS never "scrambled" to make western content to form some monopoly or whatever you are pushing, it grew out of several different mods originally made for ArmA 2 and coalesced around Sabre, Reyhard and I, with some help from Soul_Assassin. That's right, the initial release was made principally by three people! God forbid we use placeholders in a mod that was almost restarted from scratch in order to balance out a Russian faction that has had 5+ years of back development! Things are even being replaced in every patch with higher-quality examples (which, again, is being developed by a rather small team!) I regret having to use this aggressive tone with any person, but I think it's very disrespectful to us when we worked so hard to create something that is hand waved away as a "inferior quality" by someone who has made no attempt to better understand the situation. That being said, I have no intent of discouraging your opinions about our work and I just wanted to bring in more information to the discussion.

You seem pretty angry. I enjoy RHS very much and I made that pretty apparent. I'm very sorry that I can't satisfy you in loving exactly 100% of your entire modification and having even the slightest bit of personal criticism towards your mod. You really just confirmed my initial post, with RHSAFRF having years worth of development, throwing out a USF pack to balance the AFRF in such a short timespan seems like 'scrambling' to me. Alot of the USF stuff was ports and placeholders...fact. Nothing wrong with that, I just stated that AFRF as a whole was of much higher quality, which is absolutely without a doubt true. As development continues, I believe the quality gap will close as I frequently take part in watching the RHS Twitch sessions and am just as excited as the next guy for the newest update. Again, I'm very sorry that I don't bend at the waist and worship all things RHS.

Uhm, I'm afraid that's not true.

Let's see...

Vehicles

M1A1 - Modeled from scratch - With huge bugs

M1A2 - Modeled from scratch - Also with huge bugs

M109A6 - Modeled from scratch - Never used it

M113A3 - Ported from A2 (It will be replaced in the new patch by a new model) - Awesome

M2A2/A3 - Highly modified port from A2 (I'd say is more an evolution due to all the modifications in the 3D model) - Probably one of the best ports IMO

M1025 - Modeled from scratch - I was under the impression this was another authors work gifted to RHS, regardless, doesn't match the time period that you guys were aiming for at all.

M1123 - Modeled from scratch - Same as above

M1097A2 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

M1078A1 LMTV - Modeled from scratch - Also awesome work

M1083A1 FMTV - Modeled from scratch - Also awesome work

RG-33 Modeled from scratch - And released half completed

UH-1Y - Ported from A2 - Port as said

AH-1Z - Ported from A2

UH-60 - Ported from A2

AH-64 - Ported from A2

CH-47 - Ported from A2

A-10A - Ported from A2

C-130 - Ported from A2

Weapons

FGM-148 - Ported from A2

FIM-92F - Ported from A2

M136 - Ported from A2

M16A4 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

M2010 ESR - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

M240 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

M249 - Modeled from scratch - I was under the impression this was gifted from HLC (the new ones) with the old ones being a port

M4 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

Mk14 EBR - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work but still not really falling into the time period for most major line units usage

SR-25 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work still not in the time period

M1911 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

Glock 17 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

M32 - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

All the handgrenades - Modeled from scratch - Awesome work

All the launcher grenades - Modeled from scratch

- Awesome work

As I inferenced before, the USF stuff as a majority is of inferior quality to RHSAFRF. Nothing in AFRF was released prematurely, surely not RG33s because people cried for MRAPs, only to be pulled at a later date due to obvious incompletion. Again, I love the work of RHS as a whole. Just can't wait for the quality gap to be closed.

Out of curiosity, do you know specifically what's ported?

As posted above

We don't refuse to work with anyone... What we refuse is being bullied into having a dependency on another mod we simply don't need, nor wish to use, just because another mod wants a content pack...

Thats fair, it's just a shame that your mod has alot of things unique itself which kills compatibility for most other mods. That sounds like a monopoly for me. Most addons are taking the time to be compatible with ACE. If you guys feel like you were being bullied then sure, but I don't understand as a consumer what is the problem with adding a dependency with arguable the most popular line of modifications (ACE) since what? ArmA1? I mean I would love to have ballistics that are the same for your M16s, to the next guy who makes M16s that I want to add. In the end, I would figure as a consumer this is good for everyone except well.. RHS being for themselves :p

Such is life when you create a total modification.

To be honest, the only system that really differs from the default (and thereby creates incompatibilities) is the armor system. We took the route that we did because the default Arma damage system leaves a lot to be desired, and we had the capabilities to make it better for our own models. Unfortunately, since our system is model based, it's not possible to ensure compatibility unless we A) have the Arma 3 mlods and B) try to force other modders to abide by our "standard" (which we consider to be a "dick move").

Sorry, it's not intentional... Also you might want to check your "long time addon" timeline. :cool:

Decent reasoning. But even then, don't you think that would be best in the long run for all? Even working with ACE which can be used as a go through for all of this? I mean it's your guy's mod. I would just figure as many modders that we can get on the same page as possible would be best for the whole community. Maybe it's just me.

I remember watching a Bluedrake42 video doing a review on RHS which wasn't necessarily praising RHS to the heavens, the next thing that happened was several butthurt team members started posting (mostly negative/arrogant) comments, probably happened after the RHS team had a meeting/circlejerk on TeamSpeak/Skype(whatever they use, idgaf :p).

Dude, no one is asking for praise.

But saying that because tanks don't have interiors makes a model, and even more, the entire mod shit, means that fuckface who couldn't create a fucking 3d model of a 6side box to save his sorry life, is just as retarded as his audience. Just as simple as that

Btw, I think what Singleton meant with 'scrambled on the US side' are e.g. the highly-wip vehicles that are set to public scope (the RG33, M1078, M1083, some of the humvees like the USMC ones)..those are vehicles that are clearly NOT done, yet are made available to the public, so that it looks like there is more content for instance (or for whatever reason).

yeah, that is the reason why a lot of the content already available in the public release is hidden, yeah?

The problem right now is that we're in the CUP thread and it's going way offtopic.

I'm pretty sure you've started this discussion.

Again, I'm very sorry that I don't bend at the waist and worship all things RHS.

no one is asking for this.

Decent reasoning. But even then, don't you think that would be best in the long run for all?

Who is "all"? does it include both the developer and not only the user?

Even working with ACE which can be used as a go through for all of this? I mean it's your guy's mod. I would just figure as many modders that we can get on the same page as possible would be best for the whole community. Maybe it's just me.

if everyone would be on the same page, it would be so damn dull.

Edited by PuFu

Maturity is surely shown in this thread ;)

Is there are any words by the CUP-team on ACE3 compatibility btw? I know that there's ace_compat_cup.pbo available for ACE3 that makes ballistics compatible but I'm not sure if that's done by a CUP developer or an ACE dev.

I'm more on about prolonged compatibility, e.g. with ACE's Tank FCS(not sure if out yet, just an example)

edit: fyi; did not start this discussion. See my previous post as to what I call offtopic.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Dudes, please...

Is there are any words by the CUP-team on ACE3 compatibility btw? I'm more on about prolonged compatibility, e.g. with ACE's Tank FCS(not sure if out yet, just an example)

Well weapons internally all have ACE compatibility, I'm not sure about vehicles.

Señor Slatts, are you part of CUP team? I don't see you on the main page's credits/team list :P What is this bradley about? What ya gon do with it eh?

Señor Slatts, are you part of CUP team? I don't see you on the main page's credits/team list :P What is this bradley about? What ya gon do with it eh?

A recent addition, guess they haven't got round to putting me on the payrol...um credits. Anyway. For the time being the Bradley is a straight port with the 3 OA versions. A2, A3 and M6. Over time I will update it to use FFV and perhaps a M7 B-FIST.

This is part of the CUP media on the CUP site: http://i.imgur.com/X7h27l3.jpg

It shows a Bradley, figured you guys had it ported already. Was this a placeholder or something? Part of another mod or AiA?

Fairly sure that's a very...very old picture (look at the dev build)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

sad forum is sad where defending ones hard work is seen as arrogance while slandering it is seen as freedom of speech :(

We only respond in such a way to the most blatantly ill-informed/ignorant/stupid posts or videos. If you see someone misrepresenting something, either intentionally or through their own ignorance, it's only logical to want to correct them. For instance, if I started posting that ACE is a fantasy mod that adds magic and dragons, and added that it's shit because it's not realistic at all, do you seriously think that ACE developers or users would not correct me?

In order to ensure that people wouldn't have to deal with a completely broken mod every time Arma 3 was updated, we adopted a monthly release cycle at the beginning of this year which we try to have coincide with Arma 3 updates (in order to fix what's broken as fast as possible). As part of this release cycle, we decided to include our WIP content as we figured people would probably enjoy it (we can always remove it if you want ;) ) and it was a good opportunity for some testing. This is not limited to US stuff in case you noticed...

In other words, the mod isn't finished. Think of it as an alpha.

I'm excited to see another mod come out that produces both quality as quantity, but moreover; modularity: CUP

Agreed!!!

Thats fair, it's just a shame that your mod has alot of things unique itself which kills compatibility for most other mods. That sounds like a monopoly for me. Most addons are taking the time to be compatible with ACE. If you guys feel like you were being bullied then sure, but I don't understand as a consumer what is the problem with adding a dependency with arguable the most popular line of modifications (ACE) since what? ArmA1? I mean I would love to have ballistics that are the same for your M16s, to the next guy who makes M16s that I want to add. In the end, I would figure as a consumer this is good for everyone except well.. RHS being for themselves

I think you vastly overestimate the usage of ACE. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty decent mod, but I don't typically use it every time I play the game, and neither does the majority of our team. Not everyone is interested in that level of realism, and it would be unreasonable for us to force that upon everyone.

Edited by Ballistic09

Draw comparisons, sure. That's what my first contribution to this discussion was about. But let's not denigrate mods or act childish, that is absolutely not necessary on a public forums, in a release thread like this.

Btw, really curious about that bradley...what's the deal with that? :d

edit: this post was written b4 ballistic's post was visible to me*

Kind regards,

Sanchez

People are arguing in my thread again, what have I've done this time? Why it's has to be always my thread :(

Now seriously, RHS is doing great job and I love it. Now sssh.

Btw, really curious about that bradley...what's the deal with that? :d

Kind regards,

Sanchez

With regards to the one in the photo you linked. Not part of CUP, according to the lads anyway. So mine will be the official CUP Bradley. :)

With regards to the one in the photo you linked. Not part of CUP, according to the lads anyway. So mine will be the official CUP Bradley. :)

Ah I see, nice!

People are arguing in my thread again, what have I've done this time? Why it's has to be always my thread :(

Now seriously, RHS is doing great job and I love it. Now sssh.

Yay!!! We love you no worries

I have to say it's very cool to see the CUP founders get more and more backup from modders with a track record in porting (most recently Slatts & Chairborne). Should be a huge boost to the outcome we all hope for.

Should be a huge boost to the outcome

Indeed it is! Those guys are like all the others working on the project a huge enrichment.

I have to say it's very cool to see the CUP founders get more and more backup from modders with a track record in porting (most recently Slatts & Chairborne). Should be a huge boost to the outcome we all hope for.

Youp, the CUP team members are doing an amazing job. It's one the mods inside my tier 1 mods' selection!

I've to confess that I'm fan of both Slatts and Chairborne, and I'm really happy to know that they will be contributing to CUP too :)

- - -

As I inferenced before, the USF stuff as a majority is of inferior quality to RHSAFRF. Nothing in AFRF was released prematurely, surely not RG33s because people cried for MRAPs, only to be pulled at a later date due to obvious incompletion. Again, I love the work of RHS as a whole. Just can't wait for the quality gap to be closed.

Allow me a little OT to clarify this:

To honor the truth, the USF was released prematurely because it was part of the MANW rules (to release the contest entry publicly). After that release, maybe you missed it, but we decided per request to offer a public beta of W.I.P content once a month. But it's already tagged as that, so unfinished content is implicit.

It's explained here: http://www.rhsmods.org/page/updaters :)

@All: please any more remarks on RHS, please in our thread or feel free to PM me.

My apologies to our CUP colleagues for the derailment.

Edited by MistyRonin

Has anybody ported a2 motorcycles yet? Those would be straight fire in arma 3, they were mad nice on AiA even with glitches, but with the PhysX those motorcycles would be sick for missions and drivebys, especially with some FFV on the backseat or something.