CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I noticed just now there's a darker variant for the Czech Mi-24 already (through the virtual garage paint editor), but the Mi-171 only has the lighter one.

Hey team, sorry if it's been asked a gazillion times but will there be any improvement on the lighting at any stage, I only ask after seeing what was possible in ChernarusRedux, you really notice the difference, like 2d to 3d.

• Like 1

Wrong thread, also no, i dont think any such change has been considered.

Lighting is a pain to work with and there's very little documentation available to the community, so even if such changes were planned the implementation would not be straightforward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chairborne said:

Wrong thread, also no, i dont think any such change has been considered.

Lighting is a pain to work with and there's very little documentation available to the community, so even if such changes were planned the implementation would not be straightforward.

Ok, shame to hear that but i guess if it was easy it would be done already.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Luke_z_Brna said:

I hope it will help you...

http://zpravy.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=zahranicni&c=A151106_093827_zahranicni_jw&foto=INC4e09eb_INC_0031.jpg

http://forum.valka.cz/topic/view/42315/Mil-Mi-171S

Maybe it's just a shame that FLIR is not included in the model of MI-171Š with M134 minigun in doors like in this addon (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18498)

iO3grRV.jpg

While checking this out i found out the Czech variant was using the wrong textures (the ramp had the clamshell textures), opsie!

Anyway i did a few tweaks to make it darker, will keep both as virtual garage paint options.

• Like 8

Those darker textures look color-corrected to me, like the wash-out is fixed.  Good job!

• Like 2

hello,

On Play with six the mod  @cup_vehicles_ace_compat is named 621650475...can you check it?

That's usually handled by PWS themselves, i'll drop them a PM. Thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1

What is this?  Every time play on Sahrani  I get this.  Local/server/anywhere.

arma 3  "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/CAWorld/Outside Terrain.enable TerrainSynth'.  ???

most likely a corrupt download or some other mod messing with your game

19 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

What is this?  Every time play on Sahrani  I get this.  Local/server/anywhere.

arma 3  "no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/CAWorld/Outside Terrain.enable TerrainSynth'.  ???

14 hours ago, Chairborne said:

most likely a corrupt download or some other mod messing with your game

Or (more likely) a thirdparty terrain is tinkering with the CAWorld class (or similar). Run CUP Terrains without any other terrain mods and readd them bit by bit to find the one with faulty config.

TerrainSynth config parameter was not in A1. CUP Terrains fixes this for most terrains but some A1 terrains may alter the config and removing the fix by itself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Or (more likely) a thirdparty terrain is tinkering with the CAWorld class (or similar). Run CUP Terrains without any other terrain mods and readd them bit by bit to find the one with faulty config.

TerrainSynth config parameter was not in A1. CUP Terrains fixes this for most terrains but some A1 terrains may alter the config and removing the fix by itself.

OK, Ill check it out. ("other terrain mods" are additional map/islands right?)

1 hour ago, dvdbrewster said:

OK, Ill check it out. ("other terrain mods" are additional map/islands right?)

Yep! 

2 hours ago, sharpie7051 said:

Is there a new key to lock on targets with hellfires?

Hellfires don't work quite how you'd expect.

There are two variants, the K variant can only lock onto laser targets - most helicopters have designators for this, but as far as I can tell, it's an uphill struggle trying to get the AI to use them properly. The L (longbow) variant locks onto radar targets, but be aware the only US helicopter that can mount hellfires AND has a radar is the Apache - I believe you can use the data-link added in jets to have another vehicle spot targets for you, though?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dvdbrewster said:

Got It  thx.  (australia a the bad one)

Thats a shame, I like to use that terrain as well. Like you, I had those errors.

oh well, guess they won't run at the same time now. Thanks for testing!

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a mission with the AAVs but some of the infantry in the back wont get out. I'm using a transport unload waypoint and I've noticed that the ai that dont jump out are the ones in the ffv seats. Is this a issue with the AAV or am I doing something wrong?

9 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Thats a shame, I like to use that terrain as well. Like you, I had those errors.

oh well, guess they won't run at the same time now. Thanks for testing!

Why? You can just click the error message away and play australia.

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Why? You can just click the error message away and play australia.

lol...dislike clicking through error messages...personal preference really

I'll still play it, just won't have it loaded if I'm booting up for Sahrani. Arma3Sync makes it as easy as a click!

Hello guys, do you know if it will be available for rear passengers to turn out in Strykers vehicle family ?

On 21/10/2017 at 12:43 PM, kgb613 said:

Hello guys, do you know if it will be available for rear passengers to turn out in Strykers vehicle family ?

yes, when its done

On 21/10/2017 at 8:36 AM, ASmallDinosaur said:

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a mission with the AAVs but some of the infantry in the back wont get out. I'm using a transport unload waypoint and I've noticed that the ai that dont jump out are the ones in the ffv seats. Is this a issue with the AAV or am I doing something wrong?

probably because the ffv seats are gunners technically speaking, so they dont fall into the waypoint order. i think you'll have to remove them manually.

Enjoying the latest updates.

Quick question. I'm creating mission with LHD docked, is it possible/what code would I use to start a mission with one of the hull doors open (the one shown below)

t0cTun.jpg

And a question for anyone, any recommendations for which object/asset would make a good walkway from the dock to the door?

Thanks!

Any chance that the F-35, at least the stealth version (ie no external weapons so lower payload), can be made a VTOL rather than STOVL?

The STOVL characteristic is kind of pointless because you can start rolling forward at ~10 km/h and then vector thrust adn take off vertically. The only thing it kills is the ability to hover taxi the F-35.

Without using a towing mod, the ability to hover taxi is very important.

This is what I did with the old Atlas LHD plus mod and the F-35 from the Aegis mod... I can't do it with CUP, and I'd rather not have to use both mods at once.

Spoiler

Started with 4 F-35s below deck, 1 on an elevator, one on the flight deck

Yipo02C.jpg

Scooched them forward, and fit a 5th in there to have a clear flight deck... but it mostly blocked the access of vehicles to the other elevator which wasn't desirable:

sYbDvXD.jpg

So..... I made use of what this F-35 mod allows and CUP doesn't, I hover taxid them:

lkavxj4.jpg

Which left plenty of room for the marshal to go to the elevator and get up to load on a waiting blackfish

fRExQCZ.jpg

Modified the start positions:

aTAiGxc.jpg

Hover taxing is very important to allow them to get on an elevator, and get below deck again:

NJcGnFL.jpg

f3phOrn.jpg

clfRpbU.jpg

Its also great for doing the 180 degree turn required when exiting the hangar and getting the the runway... but more importantly, its needed for fixing the errors that happen when using the elevators... I'm talking about this:

4vp9EYB.jpg

Which is easily fixed when the thrust vectoring isn't arbitrarily disabled when touching the ground below a certain speed:

nc2dlTN.jpg

The way it is now, the STOVL doesn't really prevent the F-35 from using tiny fields, or really affect where it can be used at a FOB, it just kills its ability to move itself around the deck of an LHD.

Please restore its VTOL trait found in Arma 2.

I quite liked the setups I could make with just the Aegis mod's F-35 and the old LHD. Helos above deck (since their rotor blades don't play well with the ship structure when trying to move them into the hangar), and F-35s (except 1 on the elevator) and ground vehicles below deck:

Spoiler

Qz3FF6I.jpg

9ZTpDqH.jpg

t4bWw21.jpg

fkMhdTO.jpg

and in case you're wondering why I don't just continue using what I show above... the Atlas LHD Plus mod, for some strange reason, breaks the dynamic loadout of ASRAAMs, leaving blackfeet rather impotent against enemy air threats (and custom pylon loadouts of other AAMs are too big for its bays and look very bad).

And, while your at it, maybe bump up the max speed of the F-35... it doesn't even break 1000 km/h in level flight (also I hope its IRST/Visual sensors aren't gimped like the black wasps are with just a 2km detection radius against ground targets)

8 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Any chance that the F-35, at least the stealth version (ie no external weapons so lower payload), can be made a VTOL rather than STOVL?

Not very high. The problem is that they *are* VTOL, but they are using the aircraft simulation instead of aircraftX. VTOL is broken in aircraft. 

We tried to use aircraftX, but that required PhysX, and thanks to the great (sarcasm) documentation on PhysX on planes, they tend to explode when you take a corner with them on the airfield. 

So at the moment we're stuck with aircraft simulation and STOVL, sadly. I tried to make the F35 aircraftX but it still wants to spontaneously self-combust on the airfield.

• Like 2