CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 9/1/2017 at 8:37 PM, wiki said:

Good news - though I hope it's Operation Arrowhead rather than Harvest Red (not a big fan of warfare missions) ;-)

Agreed about Harvest Red - I liked the Arma 2 campaign until they introduced Warfare, not trying to insult the game mode but I disliked it and it put me off.

Personally, I'd like like to see what the CUP team could do as a campaign with 2017 assets and Arma 3 game engine.  I reckon they could write an amazing campaign, with much better fleshed out elements (available because of the better engine,script commands, and hindsight of what works and what doesn't).

I think trying to recreate past-glories has it's limits.  For example, my buddies and I used to love Goldeneye N64, and my mate recently bought an old N64, complete with Goldeneye and 4 working controllers.  We all piled over his house with loads of lager etc and it was an excellent night.  But then, we tried to do it a few weeks later and it was really boring (same old gameplay, everyone had remembered to camp the body armour and play as Oddjob etc).

I'd like to see an Arma 2 inspired campaign, but with modern gameplay elements and ofc a doff of the hat to what made it good in the first place.

As I say though, it's my opinion, so I'm not trying to poo all over other peoples ideas.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dragon01 said:

CUP is CUP, though. I wouldn't want to download any other mod to play its campaigns. 

I'm not sure if that refers to my previous post but if it does then BeCTI is not some other mod you would have to download. Author that is porting the campaigns and missions over to CUP could potentially integrate base building and AI management scripts from one of these wonderful user made warfare missions, rather then rebuilding the whole system. If he so desires of course.

Final few missions had you take over large portions and even entire map in the end. Warfare system would serve that purpose well if not for lackluster UI and babysitting nature of high command module.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jonpas said:

So a separate mod by CUP Team named "CUP Missions" you wouldn't want? But if those missions would be eg. part of "CUP Vehicles" (that doesn't make sense btw) you would? ^^

That's not what I mean (besides, the missions would logically be a part of the core). What I meant was that I wouldn't want to install another, 3rd party mod in order to use CUP missions. That said, if there are script-only solutions, they could be integrated, so it wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Civilians still need some vehicle love. 

F53EF3E2FC40364C4EBE8D5BAD40265FCB3B5AEC

Currently working on the Lada and S1203. The lada will receive a new lick of paint to represent a Sahrani cab, seen above. While the S1203 van will have a new Chernarus militia skin. 

• Like 22

2 hours ago, slatts said:

Civilians still need some vehicle love. 

Currently working on the Lada and S1203. The lada will receive a new lick of paint to represent a Sahrani cab, seen above. While the S1203 van will have a new Chernarus militia skin. 

Great but personally I always loved this paint job

arma2-goofing-lada-pimp.jpg

• Like 6

Uhh, hey. I was just wondering if it would be possible to do a T-62 in the future?

5 hours ago, Polyus said:

Uhh, hey. I was just wondering if it would be possible to do a T-62 in the future?

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. As a rule, if it wasn't in vanilla Arma 2, Arrowhead or one of the DLC's, don't expect it, and please don't ask for it. We sometimes add third party addons and we sometimes do our own stuff and add that, but this should not become a wishlist.

Thanks.

• Like 2

On 31/8/2017 at 8:16 AM, DonbassCZ said:

Hey. Are there any plans to continue like adding assets/vehicles or you will only just fixing and improving CUP content?

We're not done with A2 vehicles yet. Beyond that, we'll see. I still have to get the Patton finished but it's low on the priority list, and new bugs keep popping up.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, Alwarren said:

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. As a rule, if it wasn't in vanilla Arma 2, Arrowhead or one of the DLC's, don't expect it, and please don't ask for it. We sometimes add third party addons and we sometimes do our own stuff and add that, but this should not become a wishlist.

Thanks.

Is the CUP goal to have vehicles as close as they were to the previous incarnations? From what I've looked at with CUP in the past, in many cases the weapons loadouts have changed a bit. I guess it depends a bit on the wishes of the volunteer... like when they gave the F-35 external weapons pylons on the wings.

I ask... because I assume you'll get around to updating the F-35 eventually (really hoping for a stealth and non-stealth version - with the stealth having no external pylons) I'd really like to see 6 internal weapon stations, not 4. I'd suggest following the Black Wasp II example, where 6 AMRAAMs can be carried internally (realistic), or 4 AMRAAMs and 2 large GBUs (unrealistic), but the standard loadout is 2 AMRAAMs and 2 large GBUs (realistic). Alternately.... allow only 2 of the 4 internal stations to carry GBUs, and also allow those stations to carry a pair of AMRAAMs

9 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

There's a Patton ? 

That would be cool. I wonder if he means the M60 (which was never officially named the Patton), or the M48 Patton (or even the M47 Patton... too many tanks named Patton) I was hoping for some more obsolete tanks to come out in the Tanks DLC. I quite like missions against a technologically inferior opponent. I'd love to give syndicate a few pattons. For Tanoa/ Syndicate, I'm thinking tanks of the pacific theatre of WW2 would fit (there seems to be a lot of WWII era wrecks on the island) - or given the clear french colonial influence and pacific location, some tanks from the French Indochina war (which were mostly WWII era as well). I'd like to see a M24 Chaffee, but tanks of the vietnam war wouldn't seem so out of place either (matching the former french colony and pacific setting), so a M48 Patton could go well. A skin/texture that makes it look a bit old/rusty (like arma 2 had for many Taki vehicles) and a Patton could go well together as a tank for syndicate forces.

• Like 3

I do love old and obsolete tanks , Patton tank is one of my favorite tanks besides the walker bulldog and sheridan

• Like 2

He probably means the M60. It's notable because it was present in OFP alongside the Abrams, a few missions used it. CUP mostly does stuff from A1 and A2, but I wouldn't be surprised if OFP-specific assets were on the list as well. Directly porting them is not a good idea, but I'd love to see them remade. 

9 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Is the CUP goal to have vehicles as close as they were to the previous incarnations? From what I've looked at with CUP in the past, in many cases the weapons loadouts have changed a bit. I guess it depends a bit on the wishes of the volunteer... like when they gave the F-35 external weapons pylons on the wings.

I ask... because I assume you'll get around to updating the F-35 eventually (really hoping for a stealth and non-stealth version - with the stealth having no external pylons) I'd really like to see 6 internal weapon stations, not 4. I'd suggest following the Black Wasp II example, where 6 AMRAAMs can be carried internally (realistic), or 4 AMRAAMs and 2 large GBUs (unrealistic), but the standard loadout is 2 AMRAAMs and 2 large GBUs (realistic). Alternately.... allow only 2 of the 4 internal stations to carry GBUs, and also allow those stations to carry a pair of AMRAAMs

That would be cool. I wonder if he means the M60 (which was never officially named the Patton), or the M48 Patton (or even the M47 Patton... too many tanks named Patton) I was hoping for some more obsolete tanks to come out in the Tanks DLC. I quite like missions against a technologically inferior opponent. I'd love to give syndicate a few pattons. For Tanoa/ Syndicate, I'm thinking tanks of the pacific theatre of WW2 would fit (there seems to be a lot of WWII era wrecks on the island) - or given the clear french colonial influence and pacific location, some tanks from the French Indochina war (which were mostly WWII era as well). I'd like to see a M24 Chaffee, but tanks of the vietnam war wouldn't seem so out of place either (matching the former french colony and pacific setting), so a M48 Patton could go well. A skin/texture that makes it look a bit old/rusty (like arma 2 had for many Taki vehicles) and a Patton could go well together as a tank for syndicate forces.

Totally. I love using the Unsung Pattons on Altis.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

There's a Patton ? 

Yes, a 5 story high mechawarrior resembling general Patton, totally not the M60 tank. :drinking2:

• Like 8

It'll be awesome when it comes about maybe the Racs will have it as an addition to their armor

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ex3B said:

We aim to make it possible to do the same thing you could do in Arma 2, but we're not trying to bend over backwards while doing this. For example, the Russian troops have gotten an overhaul in terms of equipment (no more NVG's, AK-74M instead of AK-107 etc).

15 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Might or might not happen, I can't promise anything. We've still got a shiteload of stuff to do, especially with the new dynamic loadouts (which are finally completed), hitpoints for the planes, MFD's/HUDs, it's way too much for the team if we also want to do things like modifying existing planes or adding a T-62. It's not likely going to happen.

• Like 3

I want to use the Hueys for my mission port. In order for those Huey to depart the landing pad and attack me, I will need Cup, Units, Weapons, and Vehicles. DO I also need to run Cup Core as well.

reason:

I am getting pop up errors and even mission crashes           Config yadda yadda ......NAM_M16

I have searched the class names but nothing. I am also using Unsung but no results in my search there as well

Thanks

In my port, I am only using the Huey from the CUP collection. Is there a way I can use the choppers, crew, and weaponry "alone" and if so how?

With CUP Core you mean CUP Terrains Core? Than no, you definitly don't need it for the Hueys. The problem must be something else. The error sounds like a probem or missing dependency with NAM/Unsung

• Like 2

On 9/8/2017 at 1:16 PM, Chairborne said:

Yes, a 5 story high mechawarrior resembling general Patton, totally not the M60 tank. :drinking2:

Sahelanthropus confirmed for CUP.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I am getting pop up errors and even mission crashes           Config yadda yadda ......NAM_M16

This is an error from Unsung, not CUP. You really need to update to Unsung Delta and hope for the best.

You really need to update to Unsung Delta and hope for the best.

check,.....that's all good.

Is ther any way of downloding an older version of CUP that is compatebal with the linux client?

(sorry for bad spelling)

On 3/11/2017 at 4:47 PM, deltagamer said:

Can someone please walk me through how to do this? I feel like I've tried every which way that I've read to do it and I still can't get it to happen. I've tried it with just CUP and CUP with DEGA Parachutes. I know you have to check the boxes in the editor menus but do you do both or just one or the other? There's no good tutorials out there and I'm just wondering what i'm missing.

It seems this error has been around for quite sometime. While looking around, I found  THIS  thread in which one member mentions that it could be that one of the crew has an M16 on him. So has anyone from either Team (CUP or UNSUNG) has a chance to research this? and. If this fix is easier said than done, does it hurt the game play other than an annoying popup? My friend who is testing a little for me said that he gets the error a few times (I now ask him if it might be occurring during chopper S&D runs) and, he also has had a few game crashes.

Here's the choppers in the mission at hand...

"CUP_O_UH1H_slick_SLA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_SLA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_slick_TKA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_TKA",
    "CUP_I_UH1H_slick_TK_GUE",
    "CUP_I_UH1H_TK_GUE"

19 hours ago, porlar37 said:

Is ther any way of downloding an older version of CUP that is compatebal with the linux client?

(sorry for bad spelling)

Afaik PWS is the only platform that has Version history.