CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 2/7/2017 at 5:20 PM, -ben- said:

Are dynamic loadouts for Jets such as the AV8B's still in the works. Apart from the A-10 seems only helicopters have them atm? 

That was a bit of an overstatement while working on the update (my bad!), anyway no, only the A10 has working dynamic loadouts as of now, plus all nato helos.

• Like 5

Hi, I'm new here. Just want to ask. How to use MH-60L DAP or AH-6 targeting system? It won't lock even i'm pressed T or R. And there is no Manual Fire option like the Apache. 

Sorry for my English, I'm Indonesian. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Sumantri Eko Saputro said:

Hi, I'm new here. Just want to ask. How to use MH-60L DAP or AH-6 targeting system? It won't lock even i'm pressed T or R. And there is no Manual Fire option like the Apache. 

Sorry for my English, I'm Indonesian. 

Thanks

Tested the AH-6, and it does have the "Manual Fire" option.

However, the AH-6 doesn't have a radar. The AT loadout uses AGM-114K which are laser guided and not radar-locked. In order to use them the gunner must be pointing the laser at a target and lock onto the laser, or another unit must be lasing the targets.

Hi there,

How to disable the "service vehicle" of LHD?

On 6/30/2017 at 0:40 PM, phronk said:

Did CUP Units ever have Arma 2 faces ported into Arma 3?  If not, then I must be getting confused with another mod.  Anyway, if there aren't any legit Arma 2 faces, such as that Takistani faces, do you folks plan on adding them to the mod pack?  Or is that outside of the mod's scope?

I am curious about this too

On 7/6/2017 at 3:43 AM, Alwarren said:

Tested the AH-6, and it does have the "Manual Fire" option.

However, the AH-6 doesn't have a radar. The AT loadout uses AGM-114K which are laser guided and not radar-locked. In order to use them the gunner must be pointing the laser at a target and lock onto the laser, or another unit must be lasing the targets.

Yep, the AGM-114K + laser on the AH-6 work perfectly for human gunner, but is there a way human pilot can order AI gunner to lase, fire, and hit targets with the AGM?  I have not figured that out.  Since human gunner can aim laser and fire/guide missile himself, you'd think that AI gunner could as well... But I guess the AI can only laze target or fire missile, not both (?).

Yep, the AGM-114K + laser on the AH-6 work perfectly for human gunner, but is there a way human pilot can order AI gunner to lase, fire, and hit targets with the AGM?  I have not figured that out.  Since human gunner can aim laser and fire/guide missile himself, you'd think that AI gunner could as well... But I guess the AI can only laze target or fire missile, not both (?).

TBH I don't think there is. AI cannot lase its own targets, as is sadly a common theme the AI hadn't been brought up to date with the sensors. The thing is, I would not know any solution to this problem, the AH-6 simply lacks the sensors (radar) to fire L-type Hellfires, so the only option would be to have a weapon with infrared guidance system. DAGR, sadly, is laser guided as well. To the beat of my knowledge the AH-6 has no such weapon system.

What needs to happen is that BIS updates gunner AI to be able to lase their own targets, but since vanilla assets dont need thatt AFAIK I wouldn't hold my breath :(

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

I'd like to contribute some config tweaks. How would I go about submitting this kind of thing?

The tweaks are concerning the UH-60 door guns, improving range of motion, allowing them to point straight forward, especially useful in case of the DAP versions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Whats wrong with the current range of motion?

They are limited to 15 degrees short of forward or backward.

They should be able to point straight forward and even a little past. For the DAPs at least, the door guns are in fact fixed forward.

Also for the DAPs it'd be awesome if the pilot or copilot could trigger the miniguns (or have their own minigun weapons that use both doorgun memory points).

1 hour ago, ampersand38 said:

They are limited to 15 degrees short of forward or backward.

They should be able to point straight forward and even a little past. For the DAPs at least, the door guns are in fact fixed forward.

Also for the DAPs it'd be awesome if the pilot or copilot could trigger the miniguns (or have their own minigun weapons that use both doorgun memory points).

Miniguns and Gau's should come soon hopefully :)

20170709182558_1.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ampersand38 said:

The next Arma 3 patch will allow you to decide who gets control over what weapon. It's already on dev branch.

Is it normal that when using pylon loadouts, all 19 rockets are shot from one pod before the rockets from the other start to shoot?  Cuz normally it alternates between pods  Just curious, it's not game breaking or anything.  Didn't know if that was a limitation or just small (unimportant) bug

4 hours ago, ampersand38 said:

Here's what I'm after.

[Snip]

I don't think having door guns as pilot weapons would work well. Instead I'm planning on making pylon versions of the m134 and gau19 that will fit on most aircraft. That should be a good replacement for what you want.

• Like 4

I was wondering: are there any mission packs that require CUP but nothing else? Or is there a list of CUP-only missions?

My apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.

6 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Is it normal that when using pylon loadouts, all 19 rockets are shot from one pod before the rockets from the other start to shoot?  Cuz normally it alternates between pods  Just curious, it's not game breaking or anything.  Didn't know if that was a limitation or just small (unimportant) bug

They should fire in an alternate pattern.. Which pods are affected by this? Is it on all choppers, or only on a specific one?

5 hours ago, deltagamer said:

I don't think having door guns as pilot weapons would work well. Instead I'm planning on making pylon versions of the m134 and gau19 that will fit on most aircraft. That should be a good replacement for what you want.

Sounds awesome. My main point was that the door guns should be able to point forward on the troop-carrying versions, and be fixed forward on the DAPs.

JFHjUfB.png
JvpbD6B.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ampersand38 said:

Sounds awesome. My main point was that the door guns should be able to point forward on the troop-carrying versions, and be fixed forward on the DAPs.

[Snip]

Isn't it currently possible for you to point the guns forward manually?

• Like 1

Currently the guns are limited to 15 degrees off  straight forward. They cannot be made to point forward at all.

And of course, they start in the position like your picture, pointed sideways and down.

I am sorry to write here but I am looking for someone that knows how to use Oxygen and how to add memory points to the existing model of aircraft(for HUD). Could anyone help me please?

1 hour ago, ampersand38 said:

Currently the guns are limited to 15 degrees off  straight forward. They cannot be made to point forward at all.

And of course, they start in the position like your picture, pointed sideways and down.

Okay fair enough, i'll add in the extra 15 degrees needed for them to point forward since I'm working on the uh60 anyways. However I won't add the weapons pointing forward on spawn for now at least, thats something you will need to do manually or via scripting or whatever.

39 minutes ago, deltagamer said:

Okay fair enough, i'll add in the extra 15 degrees needed for them to point forward since I'm working on the uh60 anyways. However I won't add the weapons pointing forward on spawn for now at least, thats something you will need to do manually or via scripting or whatever.

Much appreciated.