CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

13 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

I figure since, It is clearly hard to explain it to you in words! CLEARLY!! and you seem just want me to test it out for you without testing it yourself first, Here is instructions and screen shots for you:

CLEARLY you still misquoted then, because this is NOT what you wrote here. So, instead of getting pissy, how about you use the bug tracker like everyone else, and maybe we will fix it. Blaming others for your miscommunication isn't going to solve problems, and an attitude like yours will not motivate people to help you.

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org

Just in case you want to ask for the link next.

15 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

typo! Not trolling It should ready disableRandomization. Read the above and try yourself. I will ask the third or fourth time, if you don't know just say so but WHAT IS THE UNIFORM CLASS NAME FOR Contractor 2 ??

Use the virtual arsenal to find out.  And don't act so entitled, people are using their spare time to make free addons, and you can't be arsed to just load up virtual arsenal and check yourself ? 

14 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

typo! Not trolling It should ready disableRandomization. Read the above and try yourself. I will ask the third or fourth time, if you don't know just say so but WHAT IS THE UNIFORM CLASS NAME FOR Contractor 2 ??

First: You have repeatedly misquoted what you wrote and act like this is my fault? Sorry, but that is not how it works. Learn to ask a question correclty, or you will end up with a wrong answer. Easy as that. That is entirely your fault, not mine.

Second: Drop the caps. You have no right to shout after continuously misspelling what you typed.

Third: I already explained to you how to get the uniform class name. It takes a few seconds. It took me a few weeks to make these uniforms, but apparently it's too much to ask. The class name is "CUP_I_B_PMC_Unit_1". There, it took me ten seconds to find this out, and I didn't even need to shout at someone.

Fourth: Yes, I tried it and you are right there is a bug. What works is to just add e.g. a single G17 magazine to the loadout - units that are edited in Eden's loadout editor are not randomized. The problem is, I think , that the randomization code is executed before the init field. I'lll look into it.

If you would be less pissy and more through with your questions, we could have helped you three or four days ago. But DO NOT blame this on me. It's entirely your fault.

• Like 3

^^^^^^^^ what this guy said all.... friggin..... day...... long. 

18 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

First: You have repeatedly misquoted what you wrote and act like this is my fault? Sorry, but that is not how it works. Learn to ask a question correclty, or you will end up with a wrong answer. Easy as that. That is entirely your fault, not mine.

Second: Drop the caps. You have no right to shout after continuously misspelling what you typed.

Third: I already explained to you how to get the uniform class name. It takes a few seconds. It took me a few weeks to make these uniforms, but apparently it's too much to ask. The class name is "CUP_I_B_PMC_Unit_1". There, it took me ten seconds to find this out, and I didn't even need to shout at someone.

Fourth: Yes, I tried it and you are right there is a bug. What works is to just add e.g. a single G17 magazine to the loadout - units that are edited in Eden's loadout editor are not randomized. The problem is, I think , that the randomization code is executed before the init field. I'lll look into it.

If you would be less pissy and more through with your questions, we could have helped you three or four days ago. But DO NOT blame this on me. It's entirely your fault.

I explained as much as I could, if I didn't explain well. you would have not provided me with the code to resolve this, disableRandomization that is.  so you clearly understood what I was talking about enough to test it before replying. I cant help a typo in my response (second or third reply) just like the comment in one of the post to try BIS disableRandomziation was a miss quote above, which clearly did not work. I am not a community owner nor working on a mod, I understand it took you long to create stuff and that is the way arma is, but also from my point of view I am simply doing this for free in my personal time, I tested it out and reported it hopefully to help and without credit. I did not get pissy with you but over the whole thing, and mostly the pissy comments about trolling and some other users that are clearly donkeys when it comes to trying or testing something before typing.

Any how my intention was to report this as I thought initially the randomization thing was a bug since you never implemented this with other classes. This thing got out of hand and I have not seen your reply about the class names I will go and take a look perhaps I missed it because of all the other spammers and trollers comments.

56 minutes ago, Varanon said:

Use the virtual arsenal to find out.  And don't act so entitled, people are using their spare time to make free addons, and you can't be arsed to just load up virtual arsenal and check yourself ? 

This would simply have solved the problem four days ago also, I am not a developer! so now that I know the uniforms are there I can go check them out in Virtual Arsenal Thank you!

A few questions before I know if I need to make a ticket or not.

I tried to do a slingload with the Stallion, but there was no option.  I'm using the advanced sling load mod by Duda, but nothing popped up.  I even synced my aircraft with the BI slingload module and I got no option, but when I switched my aircraft to a Huey I got the sling load prompts.  Anyone else have this issue or am I messing something up (totally possible as I'm still familiarizing myself with A3).

the other issue I had was also with the Stallion but with AFM turned on.  When landing, the aircraft sinks into the ground and then blows up.  If I turn AFM off, there's no issue.  AFM on seems to work with the chinook (although there is no AFM functionality except the guages).

EDIT:  Figured out the sling loading.  Didn't realize I had to sit in the co-pilot seat to get that feature to work.  Any possibility the pilot can get those actions? Because when I switch to the Copilot seat, the AI pilot automatically wants to land, which kinda makes it tricky to actually hook up to something.  As far as the AFM and sinking into the ground, I saw there is an open ticket on the issue tracker already.

8 hours ago, ArmaTESTER said:

This would simply have solved the problem four days ago also, I am not a developer! so now that I know the uniforms are there I can go check them out in Virtual Arsenal Thank you!

Just FYI, select the gear you like in Arsenal, click export, Alt+Tab out of Arma, open Notepad and press Ctrl+V.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ArmaTESTER said:

I explained as much as I could, if I didn't explain well. you would have not provided me with the code to resolve this, disableRandomization that is.  so you clearly understood what I was talking about enough to test it before replying.

You quoted it wrong TWICE, how am I supposed to know that you actually entered the thing correctly in the first place? I didn't test it because I thought you didn't enter it correctly so there goes your argument.

I cant help a typo in my response (second or third reply) just like the comment in one of the post to try BIS disableRandomziation was a miss quote above, which clearly did not work.

After I corrected that typo, you misquoted your stuff twice afterwards. Again, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU ENTERED IT CORRECTLY?

I am not a community owner nor working on a mod, I understand it took you long to create stuff and that is the way arma is, but also from my point of view I am simply doing this for free in my personal time, I tested it out and reported it hopefully to help and without credit. I did not get pissy with you but over the whole thing, and mostly the pissy comments about trolling and some other users that are clearly donkeys when it comes to trying or testing something before typing.

You wanted to have a specific look for a unit, that much was clear. Don't try to sell it as community service.

I told you that VERY THING in this post already. If you didn't get that, you could have asked, but saying THIS now is ridiculous.

In any case, this is my final word on this. Take it or leave it. I tried to be helpful, and all I got from that is a bunch of snarky comments. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

EDIT:  Figured out the sling loading.  Didn't realize I had to sit in the co-pilot seat to get that feature to work.  Any possibility the pilot can get those actions? Because when I switch to the Copilot seat, the AI pilot automatically wants to land, which kinda makes it tricky to actually hook up to something. 

You don't. I don't know about this mod, but with vanilla CUP the pilot controls the winch and sling loading. It might be that the mod you quote changes this, but that's not a CUP feature - sling loading is controlled by the pilot.

11 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

As far as the AFM and sinking into the ground, I saw there is an open ticket on the issue tracker already.

I'm sorry to say that AFM is very poorly supported by us, since none of us uses it and we don't have anyone that is an expert on this. 

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

You don't. I don't know about this mod, but with vanilla CUP the pilot controls the winch and sling loading. It might be that the mod you quote changes this, but that's not a CUP feature - sling loading is controlled by the pilot.

Ah ok, didn't realize that since the other aircraft have the action in the pilot seat using that mod. I'll post in the advanced sling load thread.  Thanks for the response!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

As far as the AFM and sinking into the ground, I saw there is an open ticket on the issue tracker already.

What Alwarren said, however I plan on working on that, to at least make them all AFM-compatible (aka not exploding) in the future, but that might take a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jonpas said:

What Alwarren said, however I plan on working on that, to at least make them all AFM-compatible (aka not exploding) in the future, but that might take a while.

Ah, ok.  No worries.  I was just experimenting with new features.

I made a ticket about the sling load for the -53E, but I guess disregard or delete that ticket since it's a conflict with the advanced sling load mod, not an issue with the aircraft itself.

Is it reasonable to assume that the next patch will involve the application of 1.70 sensor features to CUP aircraft? 

Yes, sensors update is already available if you're on CUP Dev.

• Like 2

What about the FCS? Are you keeping your's (like RHS did), or are you removing it (like ACE3 did)?

1 hour ago, Neviothr said:

What about the FCS? Are you keeping your's (like RHS did), or are you removing it (like ACE3 did)?

We never had any FCS other than the vanilla or the ACE FCS if ACE was loaded. We'll adapt all our stuff to use the new FCS from the Jets update.

• Like 2

ACE is dropping their FCS in favor of vanilla so i guess we'll follow suit.

• Like 2

On 14.5.2017 at 10:22 PM, jonpas said:

Your Mi-24 Hind model (incl. Superhind) AFM is actually very good! I'm working on a campaign around the Hind because it is so versatile. I made most of it in Take on Helicopter and now porting it over to ArmA3. (see some example missions here for anyone that is interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs0gdbRIvcK3lkPuwbT6Qmg

Is it possible to add some features to the Hind models in the next CUP release? That would improve and help me with the campaign a lot.

-Cockpit mirrors (for easier landings)

-pylon and turret loadout selection (like the new vanilla Arma planes and helis)

-make passengers seats at the doors be able to use their guns (seat 4, 5, 6 & 7)

-switchable cockpit instrument lights (atm night missions with NVG googles makes them unreadable because they are too bright)

-some indication when the AI gunner has completed a target lock-on with missiles (at the moment you can give the AI instructions what to target via the command menu but you don't know when the AI has successfully locked-on) maybe this can be done with a simple picture in picture view of the gunner or a "lock-on tone"?

• Like 1

Great, thanks!

I hope I created the tickets correctly. I noticed there is already a ticket for weapon loadout selection so I did not created a new one for this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kibyde said:

-pylon and turret loadout selection (like the new vanilla Arma planes and helis)

I'm working on that right now, for all helos. It might take a while though.

6 hours ago, kibyde said:

-some indication when the AI gunner has completed a target lock-on with missiles (at the moment you can give the AI instructions what to target via the command menu but you don't know when the AI has successfully locked-on) maybe this can be done with a simple picture in picture view of the gunner or a "lock-on tone"?

Not sure that can be done without some major scripting. OTOH there now is a script source for MFD's, so it might be doable. No promise though :)

• Like 1

Hind's missiles shouldn't lock on at all (besides AA ones). All ATGMs it can carry are SACLOS, which means they're manually guided by the gunner. As of recently, this should work (and on Scalpel, it does). You designate a target for the gunner, then launch and just make sure the target is in view, the missile should hit it.

I'm not sure if that's how it works in CUP, but that's how it should work.

27 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Hind's missiles shouldn't lock on at all (besides AA ones). All ATGMs it can carry are SACLOS, which means they're manually guided by the gunner. As of recently, this should work (and on Scalpel, it does). You designate a target for the gunner, then launch and just make sure the target is in view, the missile should hit it.

I'm not sure if that's how it works in CUP, but that's how it should work.

And that's how it works in-game with a human gunner. However the AI has no such ability AFAIK and will also not fire the missile himself. As the pilot you have to command the AI gunner to fire missiles. You assign the AI gunner the target, wait 3 seconds and hope he has finished lock-on when you command to fire. If lock-on was not complete the missile will shoot just straight ahead and will not be guided to the target by the AI after launch. So you need to have some sort of feedback for the lock-on from the AI. The problem is generally with all AI gunners in gunships.

• Like 2

Actually, it's a bit more complicated. If it's impossible to lock on with a human gunner, then AI should also use manual guidance, unless CUP is doing something weird. AI can use manual guidance, but it used to be somewhat unreliable in my experience, not working at all on vanilla missiles. The patch didn't automatically fix RHS missiles, at the very least, so devs probably need to look into implementing the fix.

In case CUP is doing something weird, it should stop and use whatever manual guidance method Scalpel uses. Scalpel works, I can say that for certain. As long as the gunner is actually looking at the target (generally, it seems that designating a target does ensure that he is), the missile will guide.