CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

30 minutes ago, boss00521 said:

Thanks so much for your work!  Curious - what is Static Line support?

Perfect chance for me to shill my YouTube channel 

• Like 3

YEAH, a new update!

Thanks a lot, CUP team! You guys really rock with your persistent work! Good job, keep it up.

The bolt action animation update that pulls your head from the scope's sight picture when you cycle the bolt, needs to be removed. In real life, if you have shot a bolt action enough to be proficient with it, or have been trained on one, it is not a problem to maintain your view through the scope while cycling the bolt to reload from the magazine. I can understand if you lose your cheek weld/ sight picture while changing magazines in a bolt action (although this can be done also with some practice), but anyone should be able to maintain view while cycling the bolt after each shot. This was not a problem until the current update. Please fix this! I can no longer use the L115 because of this issue.

1 hour ago, Voodoocad said:

The bolt action animation update that pulls your head from the scope's sight picture when you cycle the bolt, needs to be removed.

Actually, no, it does not "need" to be removed. You wish it to be removed, that is a difference.

1 hour ago, Voodoocad said:

In real life, if you have shot a bolt action enough to be proficient with it, or have been trained on one, it is not a problem to maintain your view through the scope while cycling the bolt to reload from the magazine. I can understand if you lose your cheek weld/ sight picture while changing magazines in a bolt action (although this can be done also with some practice), but anyone should be able to maintain view while cycling the bolt after each shot. This was not a problem until the current update. Please fix this! I can no longer use the L115 because of this issue.

It's not an issue, it's a feature. If you keep the trigger pressed, it will delay the bolt action until you release the trigger. This was intentionally put in place.

Feel free to enter a ticket on our issue tracker.

awww yeahh!! awesome update guys! finally the ION boys are brought to life in A3! a much welcome addition to the CUP roster, amazing work CUP Team!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chairborne said:

[this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MH60S\Data\Scripts\MH60S_fold.sqf";

Thanks Chairborne!

for anyone interested, the full command is:
null=[this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MH60S\Data\Scripts\MH60S_fold.sqf";

is there a way to execute the init command in the EDEN editor so it will be visualized/executed before previewing the mission?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSG-Levi said:

Thanks Chairborne!

for anyone interested, the full command is:
null=[this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MH60S\Data\Scripts\MH60S_fold.sqf";

is there a way to execute the init command in the EDEN editor so it will be visualized/executed before previewing the mission?

No, now that you mention it we should probably add that since the other helos have it iirc.

Could you make a ticket for that on our feedback tracker please?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Should work on both.

The Jet DLC changes will probably start to trickle down in the upcoming weeks as soon as we take a closer look.

Aerial refueling is being considered.

Try with:

[this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MH60S\Data\Scripts\MH60S_fold.sqf";

Can one assume that this command is relatively the same for the other marine vehicles? By changing the "MH60S" to for instance "MV-22"?

I looked through the functions viewer and found the fold command for the UH-1Y but that was it.

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, dragon01 said:

It's awesome that we finally got TOH airliners to make the airports not look deserted. One question, though. What's with the refuelling boom under A330? Would that be possible to turn it into MRTT/KC-45 (and remove the boom on the civilian version)? I played around with it and found that the thing is even animated!

The boom was part of the original model for ToH, although it wasn't animated. We animated it, and made it possible to hide it from within the virtual garage as well. Beyond that, there's no function yet. As Chairborne said, we're considering the options.

Maybe we can convince BI to add aerial refuling to the Jets DLC ;)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 5:40 AM, taro8 said:

Just for giggles, because I could.

BTW: I'm well aware that there is a LOT of funky M113 variants and I love them all to bits.

well. a 120mm main gun on the M113 doesnt sound far-fetched. here in the philippines, the AFP removed most of the 90mm main guns of the british scorpion tank and welded them on top of the M113.

M113_armoured_personnel_carrier_with_76mm_Scorpion_turret_Philippine_army_001.jpg

besides. who doesnt want a Beefed up M113 with a 120mm cannon to scare the bejesus of insurgents

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SSG-Levi said:

If there is no option in virtual garage to fold the rotor (in the animation section), then it's a bug. Please open a ticket on our issue tracker

52 minutes ago, foxhound said:

The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version:

Thank you, Foxhoud!

is anyone else have problems with the commander position on the LAV-25 (m240) where he shoots his primary weapon that's on his back?

14 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Make sure you set up your Zeus module to include all addons, not only official.

Already tried, but I've got the same result :(

2 hours ago, Varanon said:

The boom was part of the original model for ToH, although it wasn't animated. We animated it, and made it possible to hide it from within the virtual garage as well. Beyond that, there's no function yet. As Chairborne said, we're considering the options.

Thanks, hiding it should work. I'll check the garage. TBH, I probably wouldn't use the functionality, when I asked about the tanker versions I was mostly thinking of alternate textures. It would look nice to have a military version hanging around an airbase.

39 minutes ago, mrstregatto said:

Already tried, but I've got the same result :(

That's weird, the last time I tried it that worked for me... If you think it's a bug enter a ticket in our tracker, please.

3 hours ago, Chairborne said:

No, now that you mention it we should probably add that since the other helos have it iirc.

Could you make a ticket for that on our feedback tracker please?

Ticket created - T2004

Thanks.

• Like 1

Great update, I especially like the new Ion units. 

12 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Actually, no, it does not "need" to be removed. You wish it to be removed, that is a difference.

It's not an issue, it's a feature. If you keep the trigger pressed, it will delay the bolt action until you release the trigger. This was intentionally put in place.

Feel free to enter a ticket on our issue tracker.

I wish it would be removed, and it needs to be removed if this mod is seeking realism. it's not a feature, unless you've only shot bolt actions in games and not in real life. I know you can keep the trigger pressed and keep sight picture, but you still have to cycle and reload, which pulls your cheek weld and view of the target every time. Whoever intentionally put it in place apparently hasn't shot much in real life. It's a shame, because the L115 is one of the best rifles in the game. Guess I will transition to one of the semis.

26 minutes ago, Voodoocad said:

I wish it would be removed, and it needs to be removed if this mod is seeking realism. it's not a feature, unless you've only shot bolt actions in games and not in real life. I know you can keep the trigger pressed and keep sight picture, but you still have to cycle and reload, which pulls your cheek weld and view of the target every time. Whoever intentionally put it in place apparently hasn't shot much in real life. It's a shame, because the L115 is one of the best rifles in the game. Guess I will transition to one of the semis.

Enough of this please. You made your point. It will be considered, nothing more, nothing less.

In the demo video a while back yall showed off the LHD docked in a harbor.  Is the embarking/disembarking ramp connected to the ship available anywhere in the editor?  if so, where can I find it?

• Like 1

I'm sorry to make "one of those" nitpicking requests / tell you how you should make your mod posts but here goes.

I like your new M72 that's just been added, its gotten me thinking about the respective carry weights of the launchers as featured in CUP. Without getting  into splitting hairs, or another great discussion about ARMA 3's arbitrary mass system which somehow incorporates both weight and volume the weight of some of the disposable launchers (especially the RPG-18 and LAW) seems a little too much when compared to the likes of the AT4 and RPG-7. 

Off the top of my head, according to the inventory with ACE 3 running, both the LAW and RPG-18 weight in at a little over 10 lbs / 4.5 kg loaded (with the RPG-18 a slight bit heavier) as compared to their 5.5 lb / 2.5 kg weight in reality. I realize that a good portion of the weight comes from the projectile. I would assume that some of the projectiles are weighted artificially high to account for carry volume (so you don't get somebody running around with 27 LAW reloads in his backpack so he can spam them everywhere) but even with this taken into account, both weapons (M72 and RPG-18) tip the scales pretty close to the M136 / AT4 (14-18 lbs in reality, around 20 in game) and RPG-7 which in reality are quite a bit heavier. 

The main point I'm trying to make is that it may be worth some thought to reduce the weight of both the M72 and the RPG-18 to better reflect their "light" role and the "general purpose" manner that they were usually carried and issued. As far I know both were considered "all-up / wooden" rounds with the launchers considered disposable (all though this is rarely done as the spent tubes can be used in IEDs) and were treated essentially the same as hand-grenades in that anybody who has the room can be expected to carry and use them vs. a specialized AT weapon like say a Carl G or even an RPG-7.

Anyway, rant over. By the way I'm liking the new PMC guys, especially their vests, nice job there too!