CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

6 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Looks great. I'm a big fan of the lighting update, but it's obvious a lot of the arma legacy content needed to be adjusted. I'm very happy we have talented teams such as CUP putting in work on that front :D

Nah, no talent was involved :wink_o:. It was just a simple mass edit to rvmat to the diffuse setting of the buildings and such.

I have a question about the Challenger 2 was it custom made by the CUP team or is it form somewhere else?.

7 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

I have a question about the Challenger 2 was it custom made by the CUP team or is it form somewhere else?.

Our chally 2 was made in house by Alwarren.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Nice work on it looks grate will there be other versions of it aswell?

Eventually, yeah. I want to eventually add the Iraq version, and a remote controlled weapon station for loader and/or commander. Also, some parts could probably use a remodel, it was my first ever vehicle and there are some mistakes that I wouldn't do again, but I didn't know better at that time. Turns out a vehicle is a different set of priorities than a weapon or uniforms.

On 13/3/2017 at 11:46 AM, domokun said:

Subtle but welcome. It somehow gives them more "mass". They look heavier.

Some areas were set up incorrectly, most notably things like the turret ring on the Humvee SOV and the canvas parts on the Humvee Transport had very weird effects when not in full light (notice how dark they were compared to everything else on the vehicle).

It always bothered me but never had time to look into it. =)

Rooftop Tanoans defending their business from looters (if you squint real hard you'll see the LAW has writings on the side):

jLji4N3.jpg

• Like 9

Do Yuo guys got isse when placing LHD (empty or with stuff) in 64bit editor? its like blue model with 180 inverted placement. Simply i cannot place units on both decks :)

• Like 1

RACS forces come under fire while investigating a suspected Partisan hideout.

F758717E18BCD693F733485F90B3897BBE37383B 

I've changed the woodland camouflage from the recolored M81 to a more modern digital pattern. For two reasons, 1, the old pattern was screwed after the lighting update and 2, a digital pattern is more common for countries that the RACS would be based off. Considering the woodland pattern for the nothern areas after reunification. I figured they'd be making their army more modern. 

Following a similar idea about the older woodland, the pattern includes grey colorways to reflect the open rocky areas commonly found in the mountains. 

• Like 11

On 18/03/2017 at 11:39 PM, Chairborne said:

Rooftop Tanoans defending their business from looters (if you squint real hard you'll see the LAW has writings on the side):

Yeah, pure inspiration for missions.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules!
  • Like 1

Armored SUV AI wont get in gun seat, seems all AI tend to prioritize hanging on the sides and the 10th AI in THEN gets in the gunner seat, can you guys fix this, since its extremely anoying

CUP there is also a problem with your LHD it has a visual bug in the Eden editor, its pretty much impossible to put anything on the inside of it. When you load the mission the LHD is fine. its just a pretty big problem for mission builders like myself. (This problem is in both 64 bit and 32 bit arma)

VqTUMdd.jpg

On 19.03.2017 at 9:09 AM, golas said:

Do Yuo guys got isse when placing LHD (empty or with stuff) in 64bit editor? its like blue model with 180 inverted placement. Simply i cannot place units on both decks :)

On 19.03.2017 at 0:37 PM, Chairborne said:

It was reported to us yesterday, will look into.

My guess is that spawning script don't work correctly - maybe ;)

Lol i'm trying to find a fix for it ASAP, being in a milsim unit I have to build a new mission with it every week.

2 hours ago, Ryejin said:

Armored SUV AI wont get in gun seat, seems all AI tend to prioritize hanging on the sides and the 10th AI in THEN gets in the gunner seat, can you guys fix this, since its extremely anoying

Tickets go in the feedback tracker, if they're not in the feedback tracker they dont exist: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

46 minutes ago, Get Trippy said:

CUP there is also a problem with your LHD it has a visual bug in the Eden editor, its pretty much impossible to put anything on the inside of it. When you load the mission the LHD is fine. its just a pretty big problem for mission builders like myself. (This problem is in both 64 bit and 32 bit arma)

34 minutes ago, Get Trippy said:

Lol i'm trying to find a fix for it ASAP, being in a milsim unit I have to build a new mission with it every week.

It has been already fixed in our internal version, anyway you have to set recompile = 0 on all the cup_watervehicles_core and cup_watervehicles_lhd functions.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

Tickets go in the feedback tracker, if they're not in the feedback tracker they dont exist: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

It has been already fixed in our internal version, anyway you have to set recompile = 0 on all the cup_watervehicles_core and cup_watervehicles_lhd functions.

Thanks it worked perfectly. 

RPFVYM8.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys about the fix the problem with the LHD... this Set recompile thing... cant make it can someone please give me some tipps how to fix it?

If you dont know how to do it wait for the next patch, it's bound in the next 3 weeks or so.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

If you dont know how to do it wait for the next patch, it's bound in the next 3 weeks or so.

thanks i guess...if i cant make it i will wait then so in the next update can we see the new lhd i mean in youtube theres a video about the new plataform/deck/hangar on the LHD man just awsome i play a lot of missions with the lhd must say thanks again

• Like 1

Is there a chance that you will add the Mi-26 Helo Addon form Arma 2 to CUP?.I would love to see that beast over altis.

And I would like 20 billion euros in my bank account, maybe we can find an agreement. :P

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Is there a chance that you will add the Mi-26 Helo Addon form Arma 2 to CUP?.I would love to see that beast over altis.

Here's the issue: There was no Mi-26 in Arma 2. There might be a mod, but unless the author is still active and willing to donate his model, there is little hope that there will be. 

Let me also re-iterate that we don't want this thread to become a wishlist. There is obviously all kinds of vehicles, weapons and units we all would love to see in CUP, but sadly, it all depends on either getting that stuff from an outside source, or someone building the stuff from scratch. Lately, I have been building a lot of stuff from scratch (like the upcoming PMC units), but there are limits. Until such time as I am getting paid for this I'm afraid there is a limited amount of time that goes into modding.

So, bottom line, please don't make this a wishlist :)

• Like 3