CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Having to deal with comments like this does sometimes make you wonder why any mod maker decides to release mods to the community instead of keeping them 'in-house'....

• Like 6

I can attest to the fact unravelling stuff from CUP is a nightmare. For giggles I wanted to make an OFP era standins using stuff from CUP. I decided to create my own uniform. Oh boy, it took me couple of hours to get it working properly with hunting all the models and textures, editing paths and all that stuff. And I had some idea what to do.

Let me tell you this: it is all so interlocked and daisy chained that getting one vehicle out is a titanic job. You actually would be better off just porting from Arma 2 from scratch.

In other news, Utes is getting some love, as does A2 era ground clutter (grass and such). For the clutter I just put A3 settings on it and it looks much better then it did before.

SgI4DBn.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

There seems to be the general idea that we just lightly rubbed a piece of cloth on all of these models and everything fell into place automatically. 

I think somehow you've taken my question the wrong way.

14 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

Considering those were your first 3 posts they didn't as they just defend their rights as content creators. Not the best intro into the ArmA forums.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

I think not. You listed two options, one included "violating your license". What's there to misunderstand? It is an obvious and blatant display of disrespect towards a mod if you even list this as an option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evrik said:

Having to deal with comments like this does sometimes make you wonder why any mod maker decides to release mods to the community instead of keeping them 'in-house'....

I think he has been told off enough now ;D Let's move on.

Utes is looking great in the new pic- good job

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, deltagamer said:

More slight improvements getting added to the LAVs:

20170107205139_1.jpg

will the back doors be able to open and the aav will the ramp ever be able to come down as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chairborne said:

no

LMAO.... short sweet and to the point.... 

• Like 3

Not to stir the pot, but you COULD make those interiors if you really wanted to... consider my Pandur updates I made...

pandur_progress12.jpg?psid=1

The interior is set as as standalone P3D, and you add it to the vehicle via proxy.  You could get fancy and adjust the geometry and roadway LOD's to allow walking into the 3D model, which can be interesting in a firefight because you have somewhere to hide :)  It can be kind of a PITA because the interior may not be scaled 1:1 and may not correctly match the interior... meaning you have to make adjustments to the "new" interior P3D model.  Always fun...

The ramp could open/close via the RPM control... making a script to open/close the ramp via action is a PITA (like I did for the vehicles).  I am converting those to RPM controls because frankly the scripts go all crazy in MP and you sometimes get the action flipped... engine on = ramp open always, etc.

I don't want to go off on a tangent here, just adding my 2 cents worth of "me too"...  It isn't impossible, but you have to understand it is kind of a PITA to get it all working!  I would think the CUP team has more important things to deal with like TAKI CIVILIANS PLEEZ  :p

• Like 4

Ramps/doors are a bit of a gimmick, especially when you have to wait on them opening/lowering when entering a vehicle (if its setup that way that is).

Not saying it will/won't happen, there are a few models that just wont support it and would need a remodel for it to work however.

Also some more tacti-cool features: 

zHLjzY8.jpg

• Like 18

22 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I think not. You listed two options, one included "violating your license". What's there to misunderstand? It is an obvious and blatant display of disrespect towards a mod if you even list this as an option.

You see if you combine

" So as you figured, if you want a selection of content and not the whole pack you need to port it on your own.  "

and

" Also our license prevents you wrong editing the PBOs and stripping out what you don't want: http://cup-arma3.org/CUP-License.txt "

That means the options for someone in my situation is to either port it myself or violate the license. That isn't a lack of disrespect, that is just stating the facts.

16 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

That means the options for someone in my situation is to either port it myself or violate the license. That isn't a lack of disrespect, that is just stating the facts.

Or simply stick with the pack we provide and that 99.9% of players are perfectly happy with.

And as ineptaphid said: Everything is said and this discussion should end here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

Fixed :thumbsup:

If you don't like how the Cup team do things, make your own port, you don't really have options, the samples can be found Here but have a license as well.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima59 said:

When someone uses the term fact, its very topical ATM. The only fact is clarified by Richie's correction above. Its wrong to violate a license and against the rules/law, those are facts. To suggest otherwise is the disrespect.

BTW, nice way to start your time at the BI forums, picking a fight with the hardest working modders here. Good job!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deltagamer said:

Ramps/doors are a bit of a gimmick, especially when you have to wait on them opening/lowering when entering a vehicle (if its setup that way that is).

Not saying it will/won't happen, there are a few models that just wont support it and would need a remodel for it to work however.

I agree and I don't make the door a conditional for enter/exit of the vehicle.  It is more of eye candy and to provide that cover I described.  I did that for the Unsung M113's (those I shared a while ago w/ CUP) and the utility of being able to hide inside when you're surrounded on a MP server is actually pretty nice!  :) 

Its just too tedious IMO unless you really, REALLY want it to have all the pretty little things.

FYI - love the external clutter-  hope you find those clutter objects of mine w/ the APC's helpful! 

Edit to add, I also added a roadway on top of all my APC's and a ladder near the back somewhere so people can climb up and stand on or lay on the top of the vehicle.  GREAT for sniping!  As you can see it just so happens the Pandur is just high enough to let you extend you bipod onto the ROOF of the Tanoa building :)

arma3fun1.jpg    arma3fun2.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, opec666 said:

Your provided pack sucks when it's 2309823095 gigabytes. Your license sucks for preventing people from fixing that.

How on earth do you get away with sticking a license on content that wasn't even your property to begin with?

You want to blame them for not modelling everything from scratch? These allegations are getting old. If you think that they are doing easy work that can be completed in no time (it isn´t), why not do it yourself?

No one is entitled to anyone´s work. If a creator doesn´t want to publish his source files just accept it and try to do it better if you are really determined.

24 minutes ago, opec666 said:

Your provided pack sucks when it's 2309823095 gigabytes. Your license sucks for preventing people from fixing that.

How on earth do you get away with sticking a license on content that wasn't even your property to begin with?

Hahah you guys...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, opec666 said:

How on earth do you get away with being such an ungrateful member?

Less of the profanity please, even though I agree with your sentiments

RR

Edited by road runner
profanity and potential flame baiting
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lumnuon said:

You want to blame them for not modelling everything from scratch? These allegations are getting old. If you think that they are doing easy work that can be completed in no time (it isn´t), why not do it yourself?

No one is entitled to anyone´s work. If a creator doesn´t want to publish his source files just accept it and try to do it better if you are really determined.

The content is Bohemia's. It's doesn't matter that they worked on it for however long... it matters that they're locking down Bohemia's content for very flimsy reasons. Forking projects is supposed to be held sacred in open source communities.

Road runner: why delete my post if you can still read it in three replies?

35 minutes ago, opec666 said:

The content is Bohemia's. It's doesn't matter that they worked on it for however long... it matters that they're locking down Bohemia's content for very flimsy reasons. Forking projects is supposed to be held sacred in open source communities.

Road runner: why delete my post if you can still read it in three replies?

But they're not locking Bobemia's content... You can go download it right now. Or you're talking about the content they added to make those work and upgraded. That's there content.

• Like 5