CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

25 minutes ago, fluffy_nosed_horse said:

Hi Guys.

I am having trouble getting the sound FX in CUP to play in my editor with triggers (flies, crow and cow for example) I have CBA installed, but not even sure which "CUP" project the sound FX fall under. Is it MAPs? I am interested in why this isn't working as none of me or my friends can get it working. L ove the project by the way, all my friends now have it and we are having a blast with it. Thanks guys 

Hm, if you think this is a bug please make a ticket on our issue tracker http://bugs.cup-arma3.com. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Hm, if you think this is a bug please make a ticket on our issue tracker http://bugs.cup-arma3.com. Thank you.

I'm not sure. I thought someone might know why, but I will add that as a bug and we will see if that's the case. Thanks for your reply. 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:58 AM, deltagamer said:

Yeah, I was a bit late working on them. Content lock for the repo was already in place so they couldn't make it into this update. Should be ready for the next one though :)

Which LAV updates didn't make it?  The Desert LAV-25 is in there...  I updated my Sultansafe mission to use it!

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

Which LAV updates didn't make it?  The Desert LAV-25 is in there...  I updated my Sultansafe mission to use it!

the animation for the commander and openable hatches for the dudes in the back

link dead

It's dev.cup-arma3.org
Sorry about the mixup.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

9 hours ago, Scotty_Z said:

the animation for the commander and openable hatches for the dudes in the back

Got it.  Thanks!

• Like 1

I run an Epoch server and have two LHD Carriers in it.

After this last update the carriers spawn on the ocean floor.

I use a serverside sqf script to spawn them in.

This is the code:

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosATL _pos;

This is the list of addons in mission.sqm:

addons[]=
{
    "A3_epoch_config",
    "CUP_WaterVehicles_LHD",
    "A3_Modules_F_LiveFeed",
    "CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy",
    "CUP_WaterVehicles_Weapons",
    "A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags",
    "SM_Zombz",
    "SM_Zombz_Code"
};

Anyone else having this problem?

It worked fine before the 1.8.1 update.

Thank you.

51 minutes ago, ss9 said:

So, were you guys gonna bring in rotorlib, or at least make it compatible?  Many helis are unflyable with AFM turned on, and it would take about 2 seconds to copy and paste from A3 equivalents or borrow from RHS if they gave permission.

No, you can not simply copy the XML from another helo and it will work. No, this is not a 2 second job. The XML does not only contain the flight data, it also contains information about the geometry and this has to be adapted, and trust me when I tell you that this is NOT a trivial nor a quick job to adjust.

If you want to see this done, I suggest you join the team and give a hand in doing it. Otherwise, I'm afraid you will have to wait while we address issues that are more pressing to us. 

• Like 9

RHS is still using A2 models for many helos, though. Some cooperation would certainly not be a bad idea, though it would probably be more along the lines of importing the whole model+config from RHS and then adapting the configs for CUP units and weapons. I'm sure helo amateurs would appreciate that.

7 hours ago, pazuzu said:

I run an Epoch server and have two LHD Carriers in it.

snip

you're using SetposATL which uses the Terrain (Ocean Floor) level to check the height, use SetPosASL to use the Sea level.

that would be the first thing that comes to my mind

15 hours ago, dragon01 said:

RHS is still using A2 models for many helos, though. Some cooperation would certainly not be a bad idea, though it would probably be more along the lines of importing the whole model+config from RHS and then adapting the configs for CUP units and weapons. I'm sure helo amateurs would appreciate that.

To re-iterate:

1. The Advanced Flight Model is dependent on the model itself. You cannot just copy it. You would need the entire model.
  2. All our helicopter models are modified to allow for our own usage of missile/rocket loadouts. It's not simply taking someone else's model and run with it.
  3. To my knowledge, we don't have anyone on the team using the AFM, so yes, the topic is a neglected area, and it is not likely to change any time soon
  4. If anyone wants to join the team to take care of the AFM, feel free to join our Discord and let us know.

Seriously, though, it's no use in trying to point this out again and again. We're quite aware what is needed and how this stuff works. It's just that nobody is willing to do the work, since (as mentioned above)  nobody on the team is particularly interested in the AFM. I'm really sorry but the day only has 24 hours, and each of us (most of us) only have two hands (not sure about Chairborne), so there is really no way that this can be accelerated by nagging about it - if we had the capacities, we would have done it already.

If there are specific issues with a helicopter (for example like the Rotor loss on the Apache) feel free to report them on the issue tracker, although the same caveats apply. 

I'm really not trying to be pissy here or to come across as holier-than-thou. It's just, as I tried to point out above, we do not have anybody interested in it, and, let's face it, it's annoying as intercourse to configure the AFM.

• Like 3

Hi

Wanting to get back into ArmA after two years of RL hell, one the things I did in the last days of December was update CUP.

Having had a browse through the terrains, vehicles and units I have to say that I am immensely impressed by what a great job

the CUP team has (and is) doing. IFor example had thought that some of my favourite Islands, such as Caribou Frontier that the

author did not want to update, would be lost. Wrong :) - they work perfectly in A3 using CUP terrains complete.

Many thanks to the team members past and present, and best wishes for a Happy 2017.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Mr.Skellington said:

you're using SetposATL which uses the Terrain (Ocean Floor) level to check the height, use SetPosASL to use the Sea level.

that would be the first thing that comes to my mind

Ahh ok, I never knew what that stood for.

I tried making the change to:

_pos = [507.486,14504.5,0];
_object = createVehicle ["CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 300.002;
_object setPosASL _pos;

Now I see the blue ghost ship at sea level but the actual carrier is still on the ocean floor.

Any ideas?

Thank you for the help.

I thought the commander turret had a gun mounted on the rack?  I see the mount...

Yeah commanders gun is still there, its just under the M240 version.

BpSV6Th.jpg

Edited by deltagamer
I want the old forum back :(
  • Like 7

That NATO Woodland camouflage is absolutely fantastic looking! Love it, will other woodland US camo vehicles get the same treatment in the future?

6 hours ago, deltagamer said:

More slight improvements getting added to the LAVs:

I was just looking at them saying they could use a deployment makeover. 

8 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

That NATO Woodland camouflage is absolutely fantastic looking! Love it, will other woodland US camo vehicles get the same treatment in the future?

Hopefully ;)

Arma3_x64_2016-12-30_01-09-38-95.jpg

• Like 13

The .nohq seems a bit too much for these APC's unless it's representing mud? The steel/aluminum looks a tad too rough. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, road runner said:

The .nohq seems a bit too much for these APC's unless it's representing mud? The steel/aluminum looks a tad too rough. 

I'm not entirely sure, its something Taro would have to comment on since he made most of the new textures. Looking at it now the metal does look slightly rough though

• Like 3

I don't know if someone mentioned this in the past 150 pages but I just noticed that there are no bicycles in the CUP vehicles :dontgetit:. I remember the MTB and the civilian bicycles in Arma 2. I don't know if the CUP team forgot about them or purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them. Great mods though! Thanks!

1 minute ago, EpinephrineAddict said:

purposely left them out because maybe Arma 3 could not handle them.

^That^ (AFAIK). 

Well I just found two mods that add them. "Bike", should have saw that coming. But they seem to work just fine. Either way, I'm probably the only guy who missed them so I'm happy I have them back.