CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

When will all the assets feature 4k textures?

That's about the same as asking when we are finished :)

Most assets still have 2k textures. Newer stuff like my latest PMC units or the Challenger have 4k textures. It's not very likely that we'll update the old textures; just rescaling them won't do much good. New assets, that is a different story.

• Like 5

Speaking of wich, CUP team can't be praised enough for making new assets (along with porting gorgeous amount of content) - those PMC units look amazing!

• Like 6

That's about the same as asking when we are finished :)

Most assets still have 2k textures. Newer stuff like my latest PMC units or the Challenger have 4k textures. It's not very likely that we'll update the old textures; just rescaling them won't do much good. New assets, that is a different story.

He was joking in response to hcpookie. :)
  • Like 1

Quick bit of feedback on the LAV-25... the woodland camo textures in the latest version of CUP seem to be a step backwards compared to the old. I have resorted to using Chairborne's separate LAV mod here which looks much nicer in my opinion and seems to fit better with similar woodland vehicles such as the AAV.

No offence intended to the creator of the new textures. Just my two penneth.

Wow i was one of the first to be excited to trash my old textures in favor of these new ones, glad someone liked them though! :D

Is there any problem with deleting several of the maps (PBOs) after I DL the total CUPS terrian file.  Is there any particular map that should not be deleted (to not cause issues with other maps).  just curious.

Is there any problem with deleting several of the maps (PBOs) after I DL the total CUPS terrian file.  Is there any particular map that should not be deleted (to not cause issues with other maps).  just curious.

I'm afraid there is only one way to find out.

The LAV and the whole woodland palette went though so many iterations... Honestly, this one is pretty close to the pictures we found and it does not appear too dark on overcast weather. The reason it fitted with AAV is because LAV texture was directly ported from Arma2, LAV got a reskin, AAV didn't yet.

I do not want to sound like a douchebag, but if you wish to recolor the LAV feel free to do so, even using my retexture. I would be happy to see the effects, maybe even change the palette based on it.

Anyway, I revised the UH-1H Slick, I decided to ditch the front bench and managed to increase the cargo capacity even more, now it can carry 10 people in cargo and still have door gunners. I have also added Fire From Vehicle ability for guys in cargo near the doors.

http://imgur.com/a/gL8dr

• Like 9

Hi - is there a way to make the LHD have its well deck rear door open at mission start?

Sorry if this is documented somewhere but I couldn't find anything on it.

Hi All,

Posted this a few days ago in the ArmA 3 Editing Section... Had no replies wondered if someone could help me out?

9 hours ago, tom.tucka said:

Posted this a few days ago in the ArmA 3 Editing Section... Had no replies wondered if someone could help me out?

Please don't bump your own posts. If someone can or feels like answering your original post, they will.

i get this problem where when i try to reload a gun while prone i can never move again. the only way to become unstuck is to do "check weapon temperature" using ace. if you dont do that then you can never move ever again and cant even hit the escape button. you have to like alt-f4 out of the game. this only happens with cup. ive tried RHS, the niarms packs and the NATO SF RUSSIAN whatever weapon pack by massi. is there any way to fix this? i thought that maybe a mod i'm using causes that problem, but it seems to happen all the time no matter what i do.

1 hour ago, pognivet said:

i get this problem where when i try to reload a gun while prone i can never move again. the only way to become unstuck is to do "check weapon temperature" using ace. if you dont do that then you can never move ever again and cant even hit the escape button. you have to like alt-f4 out of the game. this only happens with cup. ive tried RHS, the niarms packs and the NATO SF RUSSIAN whatever weapon pack by massi. is there any way to fix this? i thought that maybe a mod i'm using causes that problem, but it seems to happen all the time no matter what i do.

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

• Like 1

This is the first time i hear of something like that happening. :dozingoff:

Are you sure there isn't some conflict with another mod?

Here's a small teaser for some of the changes made to the LAVs, buckle up Muhreens :D

20161223235044_1.jpg

• Like 21

23 minutes ago, GamerOnkel said:

Can the protective commander under hatch?

The m240 gunner on the C2? If so then not yet.

Today I found that that with CUP terrains I can play any arma 2 comunity made map (play around 4 hours at arma 2 Fallujah map).

Is it know features of CUP ?:don11:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammael said:

Today I found that that with CUP terrains I can play any arma 2 comunity made map (play around 4 hours at arma 2 Fallujah map).

Yes, since the first release of the previous project, AiATP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammael said:

Yeah, Aliabad is one of my favourites.

• Like 1

Commanders are finally learning how to hold the m240 properly

0hWII1E.jpg

21 hours ago, [evo] dan said:

Is the LCAC included? :D

Can't confirm or deny that ;)

• Like 8

Can we expect some other vehicle crews to learn how to properly hold there weapons?

good work :D