CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Can you make a ticket on the tracker? Thanks!

Sorry Alwarren, will do.Thanks

• Like 1

I understand the realistic speeds, but if you land injured right off the bat, it pretty much breaks the want/ need to do a static line drop. As you have to just bring extra first aid kits or if using ACE medical, extra bandages just to account for the first drop

Precisely.

So do we need to adjust Arma's damage modelling system?

Because, although I appreciate that parachuting is a risky operation, I think that the percentage of jumpers who injure their legs is very low (<1%?).

I am wondering if you guys have investigated the possibility off replacing buildings ingame with the ones in this thread. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/    (This thread contains SOURCE files, located on page2)

They are just existing buildings with interiors. They do however need ALOT of work to meet the CUP standards as they are a few bugs with each building. Maybe an entire re-texture of the insides aswell.

Will flesh out alot of Arma 2 maps lacking enterables.

PHOTO ALBUM (Not all buildings in here 1-2 missing as they need quite abit of work) 

http://imgur.com/a/qCIXb

server has issue  No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_terrains'. how to fix?

server has issue  No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_terrains'. how to fix?

This is most likely a corrupt download.

I am wondering if you guys have investigated the possibility off replacing buildings ingame with the ones in this thread. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/    (This thread contains SOURCE files, located on page2)

Yes, we have those source files and already checked them. While the interior work is good, the buildings are missing our quality criteria and a lot needs to be done before adding them to CUP (for example they have not enough LODs).

Also: Wrong Thread. Terrains have their own thread ;)

• Like 2

Thank you CUP for the new patch.

My clan is really loving the new CDF uniforms (and i'm loving the chally)!

• Like 2

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I'm getting kicked off my server due to an issue with the "Cup_basedata.pbo" signature not being allow. Everything in the folder is version 1.8.0 except the "Cup_BaseData.pbo" file which is still 1.7.1 in the @CUP_Vehicles folder. It is suppose to be like that when downloaded off of Steam?

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I'm getting kicked off my server due to an issue with the "Cup_basedata.pbo" signature not being allow. Everything in the folder is version 1.8.0 except the "Cup_BaseData.pbo" file which is still 1.7.1 in the @CUP_Vehicles folder. It is suppose to be like that when downloaded off of Steam?

There is an issue if you have a CUP_BaseData.pbo in @CUP_Vehicles. That should only be in @CUP_Weapons, and it should definitely be 1.8.0. 

• Like 1

I tried posting a bug report, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post on your tracker.

The T-10 parachute, if you use any method other than the scroll wheel static line jump method, you end up injured, I think its because you fall at a rate of 15km/h. 

Tested with and without ACE, both times just light injuries. 

The T-10 depends on the script. It's not the rate of decent; there is a considerable drop from where the parachute considers you "landed" so you fall down and injure yourself. The script takes care of this by allowdamage and playmove.

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a way to have the LHD without having the weapons and unit packs?

There is an issue if you have a CUP_BaseData.pbo in @CUP_Vehicles. That should only be in @CUP_Weapons, and it should definitely be 1.8.0. 

Yup that fixed it thank you.

I have a problem with the AI helicopter gunships. They won't engage enemy AI properly, sometimes they'll just fly away after a firing a few shots and then just sit there hovering in the opposite direction while the enemy ground AI continually shoots at them with machine guns. I'd usually watch this happen while playing as a civilian. Any ideas? And btw it seems to happen with all choppers, even the vanilla Arma 3 ones, so I'm not sure that is has to do with this mod. However, it did seem to happen after I installed it

That seems to be an issue with AI in general, not just CUP's.

Try using the allowFleeing command to stop them from flying away from combat.

I have a problem with the AI helicopter gunships. They won't engage enemy AI properly, sometimes they'll just fly away after a firing a few shots and then just sit there hovering in the opposite direction while the enemy ground AI continually shoots at them with machine guns. I'd usually watch this happen while playing as a civilian. Any ideas? And btw it seems to happen with all choppers, even the vanilla Arma 3 ones, so I'm not sure that is has to do with this mod. However, it did seem to happen after I installed it

Try my script then

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/198982-devas-helicopter-patrol-release/

Thanks for the script Devastator I'll see if it works, and Chairborne how do I apply that command? I hate to sound like a newb hehe.

I think putting it in the init field of the helicopter should do, otherwise put it in the pilot's init.

Say I named my unit "unit1", in the init field would I type "unit1 allowfleeing 0"? Again I'm really sorry.

Say I named my unit "unit1", in the init field would I type "unit1 allowfleeing 0"? Again I'm really sorry.

Yes :)

• Like 1

Yes :)

You can also replace the "unit1" with "this" in an init field, then you don't need the name

Quick bit of feedback on the LAV-25... the woodland camo textures in the latest version of CUP seem to be a step backwards compared to the old. I have resorted to using Chairborne's separate LAV mod here which looks much nicer in my opinion and seems to fit better with similar woodland vehicles such as the AAV.

No offence intended to the creator of the new textures. Just my two penneth.

This is exactly why I never worry about textures.  People complain if they are "low res" aka "not 4k" because people think that is the only way textures look nice.  Then new textures come out and people say that the new textures don't look good.  So I personally don't ever update textures because of the quandry.  The old adage that "you can please some people all the time but not all people all the time"... it is a catch-22.

Drinking game mode engaged... how many posts before someone asks "when will you update textures to 4K standards"  lol     ;)

When will all the assets feature 4k textures? /s

Edited by Neviothr
  • Like 1