CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Great Cupdate, thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in :)

• Like 2

awesome update guys! love the new British Challenger 2 tank, and also the new FROG uniforms! . just a curious question of mine, will the ION PMC uniforms be implemented at a later time?

Yes, they are slowly adding factions in. Just this update they added CDF in with some fantastic updates to the A2 Uniforms and gear.

______

Fantastic update guys, great work with the CDF stuff and improving the textures.

• Like 2

awesome update guys! love the new British Challenger 2 tank, and also the new FROG uniforms! . just a curious question of mine, will the ION PMC uniforms be implemented at a later time?

I'll probably replace them with new models I made for my own pack. The original PMC models have the usual baked in vests, and since I already did some PMC units replacing them is easier.

With luck they're in the next cupdate

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 9

Great stuff.

3 things I thought I'd mention.

1. The only helicopters I have the option of folding in the edit vehicle appearance are the AH-1Zs and the Super Stallion.  I don't have the option to pack the Ospreys and Hueys.

2. Whenever I put a Super Stallion on the deck of the LHD...everything is normal.  UNTIL...I get in it.  As soon as I get in it..it immediately blows up.  I've tried raising it above the deck a few feet higher, packing it, etc.   Still blows up as soon as I get in the pilot's seat.

3. There are 2 floating lamps/lights about 3 feet above the surface of the deck on the LHD.

I'll probably replace them with new models I made for my own pack. The original PMC models have the usual baked in vests, and since I already did some PMC units replacing them is easier.

With luck they're in the next cupdate

this is awesome news! appreciate your work guys! cant wait for the next CUPdate  ;)

**edit: is there some sort of bugtracker for CUP? just incase i run into problems. for now i havnt encountered anything else other than the problem with the LHD as stated by autitergrad

I noticed that the LHD is ***ked after the update. Anyone else having the same issues? For me the elevators aren´t spawning properly and the 2 small gates for the workshop are stretched across the top of the LHD.  

Probably some weird corruption on your end, i'll look into it.

Yes, they are slowly adding factions in. Just this update they added CDF in with some fantastic updates to the A2 Uniforms and gear.

______

Fantastic update guys, great work with the CDF stuff and improving the textures.

Thanks. B)

Great stuff.

3 things I thought I'd mention.

1. The only helicopters I have the option of folding in the edit vehicle appearance are the AH-1Zs and the Super Stallion.  I don't have the option to pack the Ospreys and Hueys.

2. Whenever I put a Super Stallion on the deck of the LHD...everything is normal.  UNTIL...I get in it.  As soon as I get in it..it immediately blows up.  I've tried raising it above the deck a few feet higher, packing it, etc.   Still blows up as soon as I get in the pilot's seat.

3. There are 2 floating lamps/lights about 3 feet above the surface of the deck on the LHD.

1. Probably we forgot those two, please make a ticket in our feedback tracker.

2. Sounds like a very old Arma bug, no clue why that came back again.

3. Will be looked into.

First off let me just say all your work is top notch. i've got a tiny request for the next update is there any chance you put a bit of negative Gun Depression on the challenger 2. we noticed that it doesn't really have any but other than that its really nice to use 

Great to see the CUP being carried further and farther!

I just skimmed the changelog and noticed this:

* CUP_AirVehicles_UH1H - All display names now refer to the UH-1H correctly as UH-1D

The model used (From Arrowhead) is most definitely a UH-1H. Externally you cannot tell between UH-1D and UH-1H's alone by turbine and transmission parts used.

Instead, you must refer to peripherals:

Original US-made (Early ~1960s) and Vietnam-deployed UH-1D most definitely did not have roof-mounted pitot pipes or cable-cutters. (The Arrowhead model actually doesn't have a pitot pipe at all) Instead they have nose pitot pipes and in some cases long-range antennae. For the UH-1H these were moved to the top of the cockpit beginning with production in 1966. Later on cable-cutters were added for trainers at home first and then for the whole fleet.

That means UH-1D only really existed during Vietnam and were upgraded at the latest by the 70s.

Now, however, there is only one nation still flying UH-1 helicopters with airframe-designations listed as "UH-1D", which is Germany.

This is due to a shorthand in the procurement process. Germany only ever had a handful of US-made UH-1D for evaluation. When the purchase and subsequent licensing was signed, helicopters matching the UH-1H plans and specifications were manufactured by Dornier in license for German Heer and Luftwaffe. But the procurement office already booked and logged the vehicles as UH-1D and henceforth its designation remained as UH-1D. The evaluation purchases and loads from the US, which were UH-1Ds, were upgraded with the newer engine and transmission, and AFAIK one of these handful actually survived. This original US made but German-used UH1 was sold to overseas a few years ago and still exists. But it is, by definition, UH-1H and only UH-1D by name.

Source:
https://www.amazon.de/Bell-UH-1D-%C2%BBHUEY%C2%AB-Robert-Busse/dp/3613031728
(Got the book, am building the bugger for Arma)

So, I'd suggest: Change the stringtable-entry back to UH-1H, and only the German version should remain as UH-1D in display name. :)

• Like 3

You can always join the team and take on couple of vehicles?

He had a simple question. This community has to stop taking every non-positive comment as a personal attack.

• Like 1

He had a simple question. This community has to stop taking every non-positive comment as a personal attack.

We've been over this, no need to warm it up again.

Note that I don't take every non-positive comment as a personal attack, otherwise I would go insane reading Reddit.

• Like 4

Ok, can we cut this crap?

My usual answer is sort of the same and sounds like:
Yes, we will upgrade the overall looks of the content, but this needs time. A lot of time... So if you want faster results, come and join us and help us out.

FYI, we don't take non-positive comments as personal attacks.

• Like 2

Also icebreakr is someone that had a problem with stuff in CUP and actually started contributing to get the stuff changed he wanted.

• Like 5

Just a curious question after every thing is ported will you guy work on improving the quality of the textures or leave it as is ?

Some stuff is already being upgraded, on the other hand we have something like 120 vehicles, plus faction variants, so get comfortable because it's going to take a while. ;)

• Like 3

Hey guys-I just updated all of my CUP mods today. I see in the changelog it says the M-24 should have a suppressor now? I dont seem to have one in the arsenal. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi guys, did I understand it correctly that the issue with the Russians and Takistanis, etc. talking English is a problem on BI's end? Or will/can you fix it?

Hi guys, did I understand it correctly that the issue with the Russians and Takistanis, etc. talking English is a problem on BI's end? Or will/can you fix it?

It's a weird dependency error, and will be hotfixed asap.

• Like 2

Also you can't drive in and out of the garage on the flight deck of the LHD :(

seriously, time for AFM.

What does AFM have to do with that?

Not many of us use AFM so it is of low priority for us.

• Like 2

Some awesome stuff in this update - loving the quality of the CDF units.

Only thing I've really noticed so far is that the M16A2 sights seem to be slightly misaligned, but that's about it.

Can you report that on our issue trqcker please? Thank you.

I tried posting a bug report, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post on your tracker.

The T-10 parachute, if you use any method other than the scroll wheel static line jump method, you end up injured, I think its because you fall at a rate of 15km/h. 

Tested with and without ACE, both times just light injuries. 

To be fair both the T-10 and T-11 have rates of descent of 24 and 19 feet per second:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-10_parachute

In real money that's 26 and 21 kph.
At 15 kph, CUP's parachutes sounds, if anything, 50% too slow.
So, is this is a bug or simply Arma damage system being unrealistically harsh?

I tried posting a bug report, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post on your tracker.

The T-10 parachute, if you use any method other than the scroll wheel static line jump method, you end up injured, I think its because you fall at a rate of 15km/h. 

Tested with and without ACE, both times just light injuries. 

Did you make sure you have an account on the bug tracker site? 

I understand the realistic speeds, but if you land injured right off the bat, it pretty much breaks the want/ need to do a static line drop. As you have to just bring extra first aid kits or if using ACE medical, extra bandages just to account for the first drop

To be fair both the T-10 and T-11 have rates of descent of 24 and 19 feet per second:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-10_parachute

In real money that's 26 and 21 kph.
At 15 kph, CUP's parachutes sounds, if anything, 50% too slow.
So, is this is a bug or simply Arma damage system being unrealistically harsh?

Hey guys-I just updated all of my CUP mods today. I see in the changelog it says the M-24 should have a suppressor now? I dont seem to have one in the arsenal. Anyone else have this issue?

Can you make a ticket on the tracker? Thanks!