CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Yes, after 1.42 update almost all pistols have no recoil.

Yes, after 1.42 update almost all pistols have no recoil.

We're working on an update with the latest marksman features (i.e. #bipodz) but since we have a metric shitton of weapons to process, taht will take a while (and yeah, metric shitton is a technical term just like thingy).

i'm wondering if the mk14 reload animations work on old models.....

Hello there. I really like the idea behind this project and AiA. I have one issue i havent been able to get rid of. The ported factions still use the default NATO and CSAT models. I have CUP, AiA Standalone + AiA HQ pack. Also i own all A2 DLCs. I dont know what to do anymore.. i want ChDKZ models again :(

Hello there. I really like the idea behind this project and AiA. I have one issue i havent been able to get rid of. The ported factions still use the default NATO and CSAT models. I have CUP, AiA Standalone + AiA HQ pack. Also i own all A2 DLCs. I dont know what to do anymore.. i want ChDKZ models again :(

Arma 2 units porting is underway. Check here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421400849

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037835

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416606720

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394316994

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394316962

And believe me, you're not the only one that wants the Chedaki back ;)

TL;DR: AiA is dead, long live CUP. :lol: But yeah, Veloxz, the extent of rebuilding needed to make infantry work in Arma 3 compared to Arma 2 thanks to the uniform/vest implementation pretty much necessitates what the team has been up to, with benefits such as what the NAPA captions mention.

Thank you for the heads up :)

I didn't know that the models didn't have been ported yet, but i will look forward to it. Your work looks awesome! :)

Seems like i have to get rid of AiA since its obsolete anyway.

WOW, what a remedy for sore eyes! I just hope Outlaw7 will be impressed too and recreat some of the finest A2 campaign missions for our delight (and nostalgy), after this first release ;)

Keep up the great work, Alwarren!

cheers!

Thanks guys :)

Porting these units takes time. We're aiming at making the old stuff compatible with the new stuff and vice versa, meaning you can use new Arma 3 vests/headgear on the Arma 2 units, and you can use the Arma 2 vests/headgear on the Arma 3 units. Their posture is a bit different though, so that takes a lot of fine tuning.

Plus, some of the units are not usable because they are either missing texture detail, or geometry detail. In the case of Cooper, for example, the original Arma 2 unit had its vest on the model and in the texture, with nothing underneath. So I had to go in and re-model the upper body, including making a new high-res model for baking down the normal maps. Then all the stuff needs to be re-weighted. That really is a rather time-consuming work, but I really want to have all the units back and in the new shape.

Awesome. Great progress too, it looks like. Do the A2 units/clothing components have less polygons and lower resolution textures? Just curious.

Awesome. Great progress too, it looks like. Do the A2 units/clothing components have less polygons and lower resolution textures? Just curious.

Textures are about the same but include the equipment as well in some cases. Polygon count is definitely lower unless I remodeled parts, which I usually did with more options, and sometimes I added some polies as all to the other units.

They still look pretty good though.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Man the uniforms looks great, especially the USMC, will go great with RHS since they have not really touched the marine uniforms much yet. Cannot wait to see the british one :D

Great units. Just one thingy that bothers me since last CUP Weapon Pack update:

Hey guys, why did You (the authors) of the CUP Gun Pack moved (as it seems) the accesory textures to the gun .pbos? I get few pitch black \ full white attachments, even tho all the attachments files are there. It wasn't like that in the earlier version if I recall. Kinda hurts the modularity.

Give them some time. The project is still in a heavy WIP state and far from "finished" as far as i can tell.

@Alwarren

Wow. Just wow. But one more question just for understanding

CUP aims to port EVERY single asset from A2 to A3.

Including:

- Models (all factions from USMC,CDF to ChDKZ, Russia and Takistan to PMC, Militias, NAPA and ACR)

- Vehicles

- Weapons (plus new animations for reloading, etc)

- Terrains (Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, Zargabad, Proving Grounds, etc)

and all of them tweaked to fit into A3 optically and technically ?

If you say yes A3 would be the far best game of the entire series with this mod!!

I can't believe my eyes. O_O

CUP aims to port EVERY single asset from A2 to A3.

Including:

- Models (all factions from USMC,CDF to ChDKZ, Russia and Takistan to PMC, Militias, NAPA and ACR)

- Vehicles

- Weapons (plus new animations for reloading, etc)

- Terrains (Chernarus, Utes, Takistan, Zargabad, Proving Grounds, etc)

and all of them tweaked to fit into A3 optically and technically ?

If you say yes A3 would be the far best game of the entire series with this mod!!

Yes, that's the plan

I also replied on the Skype channel, but here goes again:

Hey guys, why did You (the authors) of the CUP Gun Pack moved (as it seems) the accesory textures to the gun .pbos? I get few pitch black \ full white attachments, even tho all the attachments files are there. It wasn't like that in the earlier version if I recall. Kinda hurts the modularity.

Modularity is not a goal of CUP, and in fact, is not present. The single per-weapon pbo's are a means to make packing easier and makes it possible to patch only certain pbo's. That is the only purpose. Other than that, everything CUP_Weapoins_* is mandatory to be present. You cannot selectively delete individual pbo's, that might work but is a byproduct rather than intentional. The accessories in Arma 2 never needed to have a separate texture, since a lot of them were on the gun texture to begin with.

All CUP packages /Weapons, Units, Vehicles) are all-or-nothing. There is a dependency hierarchy as follows:

CUP_Weapons is standalone. You can use it without any of the others.

CUP_Units will require CUP_Weapons. You cannot use CUP_Units by itself.

CUP_Vehicles will require CUP_Units, and by extension will require CUP_Weapons as well.

I am aware that this means a large download, but in absence of an army of modders, this is the best we can do. It's already a mountainous task as it is, and we don't want to make it any harder on ourselves.

Yes, that's the plan

This is so great. Thanks for your effort. :)

Dreams might come true :D

;2923763']WOW' date=' what a remedy for sore eyes! I just hope Outlaw7 will be impressed too and recreat some of the finest A2 campaign missions for our delight (and nostalgy), after this first release ;)

Keep up the great work, Alwarren!

cheers![/quote']

Speaking of porting, any plans to port or recreate ArmA1 units and any vehicles or weapons that aren't in ArmA2?

Speaking of porting, any plans to port or recreate ArmA1 units and any vehicles or weapons that aren't in ArmA2?

Anything in particular you have in mind? Most of the stuff shiould be in Arma 2 already, maybe some of the pain jobs (desert Black Hawk comes to mind) might fit on Arma 2 models... Other than that, I guess we'll look at them on a case-by-case basis, especially considering that some of the Arma 1 stuff looks crap by today's standards :)

Really just the stuff you can't use A2 models for like RACS/SLA units (maybe use A2/A3 stuff to recreate them instead of porting), woodland Strykers, M163, I guess mainly A2 stuff retextured.

I really liked how the ArmA 1 vehicles generally had interiors. Those were really cool. Any chance we'll get those, at some point in the future of CUP?

Really just the stuff you can't use A2 models for like RACS/SLA units (maybe use A2/A3 stuff to recreate them instead of porting), woodland Strykers, M163, I guess mainly A2 stuff retextured.

I'll have to check those, the textures in Arma 1 tend to be very low quality, so even if they fit the A2 models they might be too ghastly.

I had a look at the infantry, and I suppose those could be ported since their general quality looks a lot like the Arma 2 models, and they have some unique stuff like the SpecOps units.

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

I really liked how the ArmA 1 vehicles generally had interiors. Those were really cool. Any chance we'll get those, at some point in the future of CUP?

I really can't say. We have enough work on the plate already and very few people, so in general, it will be Arma 2 stuff first and then we'll see were we get.

Do you port the soldiers as well? I was under the impression you're using A3 soldiers and just porting the uniforms/vests.