CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

cup_weap_small.pngcup_units_small.pngOk9BC2G.pngJ5Q1DBH.png

The Community Upgrade Project is an initiative to bring all the content of ArmA 2
[+ OA and DLCs] from BI into ArmA 3, upgraded to the ArmA 3 feature set.

Its goal is to provide those assets to the community as a mod ready to use in the game.

• Cooperative and coordinated effort to get a coherent port of ArmA 2 content
    [+ OA and DLCs] from BI to ArmA 3 standards.
  • Release of the content in a coherent way

Content

CUP currently features the following listed projects. Please report bugs at our bug tracker - bug reports in the forum tend to get overseen.

All downloads as well as classname documentation can be found on our website.

Starting with version 1.8.0, CUP is licensed under a new license.

CUP Weapons

CUP Weapons contains all the weapons, assault rifles, machine guns, shotguns,

grenade launchers, pistols, sniper rifles, and whatever else goes "boom" in ArmA, ArmA 2 and the expansion
and DLC's. All weapons are stripped of their attachments were possible, and these have been turned
into attachable scopes, lasers, flashlights, and bipods interchangeable with the vanilla content.

Some of the weapons are new or derived from the original ones.

CUP Units

CUP units contains all the units of the original ArmA, ArmA 2 and Arrowhead as well as

the DLCs. All factions are fully functional, and they will be upgraded (and possibly expanded) over time.

All uniforms and vests are compatible with vanilla content, meaning that you can mix vanilla and CUP content.

CUP Vehicles

CUP Vehicles contains all the vehicles from Arma 2 and the expansion

and DLC's. All vehicles are ported with ArmA 3 standards and features.

CUP Terrains

CUP Terrains, the successor of "A3MP" and "All in ArmA - Terrain Pack (AiA TP)",  builds upon the work done by kju for AiA TP and brings all of BI's iconic terrains to ArmA 3 as well as support for all the amazing 3rd-party terrains created by the community. CUP Terrains maintains full backwards compatibility to A3MP and AiA TP - no need to adjust any missions or maps.

CUP Terrains has its own thread here.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

Confession: The reveal of terrains continuation is the biggest for me about this OP. :lol: AiA TP may die, but at least it has a declared successor in the wings!

• Like 2

Thanks for the new version! Downloading now.

Excellent news! Thanks for your hard work guys, much appreciated!

Full availability of all source material under share-alike license (APL-SA).

In essence everyone can make use of the work to build mods on his own as long

as he provides credits, shares also his sources and keeps the same license

Does this mean the edited MLODs are available somewhere for us? That'd be great :yay:

Yes, MLODs are all available on DevHeaven on GIT repository, Chops.

Edited by kllrt
typo

i tried today the mod in dev branch, some pistols and rifles didn't have recoil, i guess that is a problem with the new features, i had same issue with Toadles HLC mod

Stable branch vs. dev branch difference, it sounds like, seeing as the underlying recoil changes in the game engine aren't on stable yet.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (kju) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Until then, I only tested this mod one time, and like the weapons models and textures are still unchanged, same model and textures like in ArmA II, I don't keep it.

I download actually the new version, and hope to see models and textures updated to ArmA III quality.

That should be really great to have theses weapons with high quality textures and models.

Thanks for all your work !

Good to see an update...the JSRS compatibility was needed pretty much!

One question: What does "Added: AGM compatibility" mean? In how far was it not compatible?

Good to see an update...the JSRS compatibility was needed pretty much!

One question: What does "Added: AGM compatibility" mean? In how far was it not compatible?

My guess is barrel swapping with machine guns.

Congratulation on new release, great job. Tested it in VA and found only two small bugs so far, double entry for AK74 GP25 in virtual arsenal and serious one - rear BUIS of new M4A3 doesn t fold when optic is attached so it blocks the view for some optics ha yes and one more lask of suppressor animation for Sa 58p (v2).

Regards.

Edited by Bolo861

Coolio Thanks guys for taking this over. I am currently working on units If its ok with you guys Id like to use some of your weapons in my units. Obviously it will require CUP. Thanks in advance

Fixed: some mem points and ACOG second optic PP

YAY !

Swapping barrels

Overheating values

Backblast specific to each launcher

Disposable launchers

Bipods

Is 'Added: First version of RPG18 with working sights' a sort of prequel, test to a fix of the other launchers (fixing primarily zeroing but also ballistics)?

I've tested it, seems like the zeroing is a bit off, shooting at a target 150m away and zeroing it to 150m will cause the rocket to over-fly the target. But I'll probably post this on DevHeaven anyway.

I do hope launchers get an overhaul sometime though, I prefer me some SMAWs/RPGs over lock-on Titans :P

and eh..some muzzle flashes on guns wouldn't be bad :D

Good job though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Can you people think on adding the Arma 3 pistols animation to your pistols? the muzzle flip when firing? when you fire in real life the gun doesn't just jump up, but the muzzle and the front sight of the gun will flip up, due to the force and a pivot effect

Congratulation on new release, great job. Tested it in VA and found only two small bugs so far, double entry for AK74 GP25 in virtual arsenal and serious one - rear BUIS of new M4A3 doesn t fold when optic is attached so it blocks the view for some optics ha yes and one more lask of suppressor animation for Sa 58p (v2).

Regards.

Sure go ahead!

Swapping barrels

Overheating values

Backblast specific to each launcher

Disposable launchers

Bipods

Exactly, but no disposable launchers. That will be probably optional config later. Big thanks to AGM guys for help with this, especially Jonpas and Winter ;)

Is 'Added: First version of RPG18 with working sights' a sort of prequel, test to a fix of the other launchers (fixing primarily zeroing but also ballistics)?

I've tested it, seems like the zeroing is a bit off, shooting at a target 150m away and zeroing it to 150m will cause the rocket to over-fly the target. But I'll probably post this on DevHeaven anyway.

I do hope launchers get an overhaul sometime though, I prefer me some SMAWs/RPGs over lock-on Titans :P

and eh..some muzzle flashes on guns wouldn't be bad :D

Good job though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The launchers are still work in progress and they will be improved in the future. And muzzle flashes are not working, because BI broke the selectionFireAnim, so if you want them fixed - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22718 upvote that.

Exactly, but no disposable launchers. That will be probably optional config later. Big thanks to AGM guys for help with this, especially Jonpas and Winter ;)

You didn't keep the disposables?! That took the most time to do damn it man! :P

Winter here, can confirm that disposables were what took the most time to do. I had to do a back and forth with KoffeinFlummi a number of times until we got it working. In its current state it slightly breaks within the VA (you need to open your gear before you can fire the launcher) however it works fine in the editor.

keep up great work ...

You didn't keep the disposables?! That took the most time to do damn it man! :P
Winter here, can confirm that disposables were what took the most time to do. I had to do a back and forth with KoffeinFlummi a number of times until we got it working. In its current state it slightly breaks within the VA (you need to open your gear before you can fire the launcher) however it works fine in the editor.

well, we were not sure how to implement this, so it would work also without AGM. Maybe we will add them in next update or we will release standalone config ;)