Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

StringForge - RHS stringtable editor

Introducing StringForge:

https://github.com/ajvorobiev/StringForge

StringForge is a tool developed at Red Hammer Studios over the past few weeks grown out of the need to unify and make an easier workflow with stringtables. We know that there are other tools out there but none suited our needs.

What can it do:

- Work with single or multiple Stringtable.xml files at a time

- Convert Stringtable csv files into xml files. You can convert multiple csv files into one xml

- Easy to navigate tree structure following the xml model

- Work with Packages, Containers and keys.

- Duplicate key violations checker

- Auto transliteration (to Cyrillic for russian strings)

- Auto fill from English (use of repetitive string in many languages)

- Templates for key prefixes.

- open source

Yes the project is open source and available to anyone from the above link in GitHub so if you want to contribute, change or re-release. It is under the MIT license so you have pretty much the freedom to do anything you want.

Usage documentation is lacking at the moment but the idea is to make a tutorial video in the next few days.

Current version: 1.1

Download page: https://github.com/ajvorobiev/StringForge/releases

Bug tracker: https://github.com/ajvorobiev/StringForge/issues

Enjoy

• Like 2

Will try it out this evening and report back. Excellent.

Already gave it a quick bash. A lovely clean interface, just as I'd expect from your work. :)

How does it do the duplicate key checks?

Already gave it a quick bash. A lovely clean interface, just as I'd expect from your work. :)

How does it do the duplicate key checks?

It does it automatically in the background (separate thread not to freeze the interface) every time you change something (add, edit, remove any entity) and reports anything that found in the violations window (rolled up by default on the bottom). Clicking a violation would bring up the culprit keys in the main grid.

Oh OK. So no news is good news! :)

Can I install this? I tried using the clickonce in the extracted folder, but it says "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files"

Oh OK. So no news is good news! :)

Can I install this? I tried using the clickonce in the extracted folder, but it says "Cannot download the application. The application is missing required files"

nope right now its just unpack anywhere and run. Might make an installer later but don't really see the point.

Version 1.3 released. Various stability improvements, transliteration handling is reworked. Added search and replace and simple config scanner. The sacanner will allow you parse a folder with a config file(s) and will extract all specified parameters that you chose that dont have stringtable entries. From the found results you can add the keys to the file.

now there's no excuse procrastinating stringtable creation anymore :D Very nice, thanks