Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

I didn't understand it at the time but RiE announced on the stream that they'd go with the "can't pick up the guns if not bought" method for the DLC lockout.RiE admitted that they ran into technical issues and, considering that the ETA for the DLC is April, the effort presumably ran out of time for it to be included in v1.42 (no word on if ever​ though).

Thanks for letting me know man. Guess I missed that announcement as well as any indication that they were considering bolt action at all. Hope they do. If they take longer so as get it right that's totally cool .

The relevant paragraph from SITREP #00096, omitting the remainder of the paragraph for being a pitch for the 7 March stream:

Then there's the question of 'why no bolt-action rifles?'. In short' date=' we ran into some roadblocks related to, fundamentally, how we simulate weapons. We determined that the resources needed to change this were vastly disproportionate to the potential benefits. Instead, we chose to focus upon other features, which we feel can improve infantry combat more broadly.[/quote']

You know being a Designated marksman doesn't mean that you will rest/deploy your DMR rifle and you get always 100% accurate shot

that's how it is in ArmA 3 but not in real life , that's why i wanted to see some ballistic improvement of any kind - weather that affects bullets and other things

none of these been added or even mentioned , so that's really bad - now with resting it will be even easier to make one click shots with 100% accuracy ...

Most likely reason for the omission would be, to excerpt the above quote, "We determined that the resources needed to change this were vastly disproportionate to the potential benefits. Instead, we chose to focus upon other features".

What lame excuse part? It's literally "(we were of the belief that) we couldn't do both at once, so we picked one". Though of course by "the potential benefits" they could have meant "to ourselves"... ;)

I'm with the reporter in believing the ticket item to be an oversight though.

Yea ,but still the body armor , wounding system (

) and the new rain - these features were forgotten and yet still are unfinished

Body armor and the wounding system should be the first things to finish because in shooting game when you got bad a wounding system or ridiculous body armor then it makes the whole game look so bad and ruins the feel of the game

ArmA 2 didn't had these issues and that's why it was good and yea i know they plan to improve the wounding system - it feels that this should have been done a long time ago

also when i think of Dayz Standalone and that has a better wounding system then there must be something wrong (inb4 some says i know they are different teams with different directions)

We will see what BIS really wants to do in the future - like the Einstein said

Edited by RobertHammer

Time always tells, that's a given. But to say the rain is un finished? That's... Bad. The rain in game is far better than the old one, and it actually comes from TureSKY, the only problem with that is that Arma 3 uses a limited set of technology from it, clouds, fog, rain. I wonder if haze will ever make a return. (Or better yet, BIS fully implementing TrueSKY and it's godly possibilities for weather conditions like real life)

Besides that, on to saying that the damage model in Arma 2 was better is far from fact, given it didn't have one. The only difference there is when you hit someone, they didn't flinch, but there was that possibility of "broken legs" forcing your enemies to crawl. In Arma 3, enemies use a make shift flinch, and have that same possibility of broken legs. Only, it doesn't force them prone. The problem with this, is Animations in the Arma series have always been limited. It'll never have something like say, Battlefields Hit markers. But at least a flinch is a small notification of impact, and legs can still be broken, and aim jacked up.

On to body Armor... This could be fixed, but by no means priority given the things they are trying to do now, (for all we know, body armor could be one of the secrets, one doesn't just make a new rig, and not think of it) and until the time when it is priority, I'm fine with being able to kill someone in 3 shots or less, because it's realistic. I honestly don't want to spend an entire magazine on shooting some guy, because apparently their plate can stop 5.56 like bb's. That's also another thing with Arma 2, it took 2-3 shots to kill if you have anything over .45mm ACP. This was good enough.

Ok...I'm closing this thread. Reasons:

A. We have achieved our goal of unlocking all the artwork.

B. You can't stop me from closing it. #powertrip

:nerner:

You can continue the discussion here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189461-Arma-3-Marksmen-DLC-First-Look-Livestream

or here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?186-ARMA-3-DEVELOPMENT-BRANCH